The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Original post by >Untitled<
we didnt get many new people :frown:

same except im doing further maths too and physics instead of French :biggrin:

I'm going to college so there is hundreds of new people for me, haha. :wink:
Any idea what you want to do after A-levels? :-)
:wavey:

First day today :biggrin:

But didn't get homework because only had one lessons as our lessons started in the afternoon :biggrin:

I only had one lesson and got quite a bit of homework!
I've just labeled all my notebooks. It reads;
(SUBJECT) AS
BOOK 1
(My full name)
12ASH (my form group)

I did this in the right top corner of all my notebooks as the front cover of them are sort of translucent. Anybody else find anyways of labelling their stuff. I'm trying to avoid using that sticky label thing (those white rounded rectangle ones) as it may leave residues.
Original post by higherandhigher
I only had one lesson and got quite a bit of homework!

Bless :biggrin:

I'm having a day fiel i take into school with notes of topics/units we're currently studying and once they're done, ill move them into teh huge files at home :biggrin:
Original post by Deziah
I'm going to college so there is hundreds of new people for me, haha. :wink:
Any idea what you want to do after A-levels? :-)

Medicine :biggrin:

And my school has a sicth form so im jsut there :d
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Can anybody answer these for me uploadfromtaptalk1346861584072.jpg
I really wanna do the DofE (silver), but I have to apply in my sixth form because loads of people want to do it and there's only 30 places. But the thing is, I don't have my own reasons as to why I'd want to do it, what I'd gain from it.

Any response will be helpful.

Hi! I'm just finishing up my silver.. We didn't have to anything like that at our school, we had the opposite problem of finding enough people to take part.

Some of the things I think I've gained from it include stuff like leadership skills and confidence- huge clichés, but it's true, I'm much happier interacting with people, whether asking for help or making arrangements with adults, or as a leader of my own classmates or the children's group I help with. My teamwork skills also massively developed.. The ability to spend three days with people, walking and camping in dull weather when you're all tired and miserable and deal with argument and getting lost and stuff like that.

As far as qualities that make you a good candidate.. Willingness to learn about all the navigation techniques and stuff (I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm pretty good now), or learning about a new hobby or something for the skill section. Dedication is probably a good thing as well, because they don't want people that will drop out of places others could have had! And then the usual organisation/time management stuff so they know you can handle it along with A levels.

Hope some of that was helpful, it's kind of rambling.. :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's
We start our lessons tomorrow. I have a feeling I have a full day. :unimpressed:
Original post by yesiwasdrunk
Hi! I'm just finishing up my silver.. We didn't have to anything like that at our school, we had the opposite problem of finding enough people to take part.

Some of the things I think I've gained from it include stuff like leadership skills and confidence- huge clichés, but it's true, I'm much happier interacting with people, whether asking for help or making arrangements with adults, or as a leader of my own classmates or the children's group I help with. My teamwork skills also massively developed.. The ability to spend three days with people, walking and camping in dull weather when you're all tired and miserable and deal with argument and getting lost and stuff like that.

As far as qualities that make you a good candidate.. Willingness to learn about all the navigation techniques and stuff (I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm pretty good now), or learning about a new hobby or something for the skill section. Dedication is probably a good thing as well, because they don't want people that will drop out of places others could have had! And then the usual organisation/time management stuff so they know you can handle it along with A levels.

Hope some of that was helpful, it's kind of rambling.. :wink:

Thank you. It was actually helpful. My sisters currently doing her DofE bronze, so she doesn't have yet, a full grasp, but I believe that I have most of those skills required :smile:. I have to apply by Friday :s-smilie: so thanks again for this.
Can I just ask about the volunteering part? Because I need to do volunteering work anyways for the course I wanna do at uni, but is there a specific activity you can do?
(SUBJECT) AS
BOOK 1

(My full name)
12ASH (my form group)

I did this in the right top corner of all my notebooks as the front cover of them are sort of translucent. Anybody else find anyways of labelling their stuff. I'm trying to avoid using that sticky label thing (those white rounded rectangle ones) as it may leave residues.

OCD much?
I retook my science module 1 exams and got worse in biology than i did last year but even then this mark was on my results. Is this correct or should it be my better mark?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange Monte Carlo
Bless :biggrin:

I'm having a day fiel i take into school with notes of topics/units we're currently studying and once they're done, ill move them into teh huge files at home :biggrin:

see, I want to do that, but I know that they'd never end up leaving the day folder! I'd forget to move them! So I'm ending up lugging four folders to and from school (I don't have a locker, not impressed!) so that everything is actually in the right place!
Lol there are 50 new people in my year!
Original post by usycool1
Current Year 12 thread (2012-2013) :bigsmile:
:biggrin: :woo: :party2:

Brought to you by the thread king, usycool1, and the thread queen, Pandora.

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum :biggrin:

Good luck with A-Levels and all the best for GCSE results!

Subjects

Hello. Had my enrollment day yesterday. Made a few changes to my subjects!
I was doing... Maths, Economics, Law, Politics & Psychology
Now am doing... Maths, Politics, Psychology & computing!

If you could edit would be great thanks :tongue:
Reply 2493
(SUBJECT) AS
BOOK 1

(My full name)
12ASH (my form group)

I'm not using books for any of my subjects, only folders unfortunately, and an A3 sketchbook and A3 folder *sarcastic joy*:redface:
Original post by Hewitt
Lol there are 50 new people in my year!

Wow that is a lot of new people! We will probably just get 5-10 ish, but we will have loads of people retaking the year from the above year
I know absolutely no one in my 6th form.....
Reply 2496
Original post by Whostolemycookie
I know absolutely no one in my 6th form.....

When do/did you start? :-)
I have to choose between business and history for A level.. If i am to go uni i want to go down the ict route, which subject would be best for me?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Got a free period but have to go to the lrc in the morning :colonhash:
Thank you. It was actually helpful. My sisters currently doing her DofE bronze, so she doesn't have yet, a full grasp, but I believe that I have most of those skills required :smile:. I have to apply by Friday :s-smilie: so thanks again for this.
Can I just ask about the volunteering part? Because I need to do volunteering work anyways for the course I wanna do at uni, but is there a specific activity you can do?

I think you can do pretty much anything you want to, as long as you do an hour a week and can get someone there to sign you off after you've done however many months you need..
I helped with a beaver unit, but I know people did stuff in charity shops and care homes too :smile:

Latest