The Student Room Group

Your ONE essential item to take to uni...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cgraham15
Mobile Phone. It's my alarm clock/clock/email/Internet browsing/music all in one :biggrin:

don't forget map, camera, games console, diary, recipe book, dictionary, thesaurus, translation book, tv, bank, train timetable, newspaper and clothes catalogue all in one as well :colondollar:
Reply 61
Bible:biggrin:
Reply 62
I'm kinda paranoid I'll forget my underwear or something equally obvious :colondollar:

A camera (...or ten) would definitely be my essential thing. :biggrin:
Original post by Vicky94

hahaha, when i moved in to halls loads of people in my flat found the new testement in their cupborads. i still have mine, but it got covered in water once and we had a joke that jesus dribbled everywhere...

iv never read it though...
Original post by PonchoKid
hahaha, when i moved in to halls loads of people in my flat found the new testement in their cupborads. i still have mine, but it got covered in water once and we had a joke that jesus dribbled everywhere...

iv never read it though...

Possible doorstop?

On a serious note, I think a onesie is a pretty essential thing. Creates a lasting impression, keeps you warm, is comfortable to wear to bed and can be worn to fancy dress parties.

Freshers week outfit sorted.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
My brain

Eyes of God
A diary/planner!
Original post by Landers1994
Possible doorstop?

On a serious note, I think a onesie is a pretty essential thing. Creates a lasting impression, keeps you warm, is soft to wear to bed and can be worn to fancy dress parties.

Freshers week outfit sorted.

in the 2 years iv been at uni weve never thought of that HOW? haha, we robbed doorstops in first year, then last year i had a random bit of wood. and this year i dont need one. ohhhh.
Original post by PonchoKid
in the 2 years iv been at uni weve never thought of that HOW? haha, we robbed doorstops in first year, then last year i had a random bit of wood. and this year i dont need one. ohhhh.

Ahaha, glad I could help. Just happened to think of it when I saw the post! Does this mean I'm a smarter fresher than a third year??? :tongue:
Original post by Landers1994
Ahaha, glad I could help. Just happened to think of it when I saw the post! Does this mean I'm a smarter fresher than a third year??? :tongue:

its not that difficult to be more clever than me, but yes ill give you that if you want? haha :tongue:
Reply 70
Original post by Vicky94

Aha..... surely you can't forget that. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shooks
It's pretty easy to get carried away when you're packing for uni: suddenly random objects at the bottom of long-forgotten drawers become *absolutely essential*.

But out of everything you'll be taking to uni - what is your one genuine must-have? The irreplaceable item that, if you left it behind, you'd have to get the next train back to collect?

Let me know below. I'm going to write this up as a TSR front-page feature and will be using the best ones in that. :smile:

Me. Myself. My own body.

I had all my luggage and stuff on the train, admiring it nicely packed in the hold, and then the doors closed and I was like "****, next stop St Andrews".

Spoiler

Mr Giraffe

(a stuffed toy, yes... but very cuddly indeed).
A towel.
Reply 74
Original post by madders94
This is going to sound ridiculous but if I forgot my favourite teddy (I think I've only spent something like 2 weeks worth of nights without it in my room since I was six months old), I'd ask my parents to turn the car around so I could get it :tongue:

Same ^.^ had it since I was born. In fact, when I go to uni, my room will probably just be filled with bears and hello kitty toys...
Reply 75
Either my George Forman grill - not for the health side of it but uni grills tend to either be built into the oven itself or useless, and it's better than just a sandwich toaster as you can do toasted sandwiches on it but also bacon for that hangover breakfast as well as cooking normal things like sausages and chicken and it takes hardly any time.

Or my box of fancy dress stuff, so useful for all my society nights out (also freshers nights out but I'm past that)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending