The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Lucky :frown:

I wasn't sure about choosing it but my Physics teacher made a throw away comment about it during a revision session and then I was sure that I'd take A level Physics. I assume despite the hundreds of students in my school that do A level, there'll be about 10 of us in the class. Maybe 5 actually going on the trip.
Original post by techno836
but i would only have one hour :/ and to do 3 exams and a CA :/ i dont think i could :L

Aah.. We had one hour a week in year nine... But did c/a outside of school... :colondollar:

Isn't that normal? :tongue:
Original post by dinrah04
Ooh I can't wait for the trip to CERN for A level Physics o;

I'm going in November :smug:
Original post by usycool1
I'm going in November :smug:

How I love my underfunded school which doesn't even offer further maths...
But you don't sell research on it?
Original post by dinrah04
There are three stages to the award, Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each individual one can be used on your CV or personal statement separately but I guess the full Gold is better. You need to take up a new Skill, a Physical Activity and Volunteering. In Bronze it's 1 for 6 months and the other two for 3 months. Then you go on an expedition, where we camp and use a map and compass and try to navigate to a designed area whilst carrying all of our equipment.
I'm starting Silver, which is 6 months for each but the expedition is about 4 days, so more food to carry, more equipment so it's going to be much harder. I'm doing the training next week so it's a bit easier but still 4 days of walking around random fields and such, setting up tent, cooking our stuff in this little stove things that we carry around.
I doubt I'll do Gold but that involves going up Ben Nevis for a week and there's also a trip to Nepal where you have to help the local people.

Ahh that sounds cool :tongue: I wanna do that doubt my school will do that though :frown: :emo:

Ignoring the fact that it's hardly an original idea, it cost some US$2.5 billion to launch and land the MSL. The MSL weighs about 900 kilos. You're not getting a remote controlled biodome structure into space anytime soon without carbon nanotubes and a space elevator :emo:

Aww yeah true and like the flippin world will want to do that I mean they wouldnt get everyone there anyways :frown:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
How I love my underfunded school which doesn't even offer further maths...

:lol: My school is quite famous for its science projects actually...

Will do! :biggrin: Should be great! :awesome:
:ahee:
Original post by usycool1
:lol: My school is quite famous for its science projects actually...

:cry2:

So while I have to teach my self further maths as well... You get taught everything and go on trips :cry2:

:rofl:
:cry2:

So while I have to teach my self further maths as well... You get taught everything and go on trips :cry2:

:rofl:

I feel you bro :colonhash: I feel you :emo: :cry2:

I don't know how spectacular the college I want to go to (a phrase which is getting increasingly tedious to type :colonhash:) is on trips and stuff...they don't mention anything in the prospectus...I'll ask at the open day :awesome: I know that one non-school-attatched sixth form college does some trips for MFL, don't know about science though...
I feel you bro :colonhash: I feel you :emo: :cry2:

I don't know how spectacular the college I want to go to (a phrase which is getting increasingly tedious to type :colonhash:) is on trips and stuff...they don't mention anything in the prospectus...I'll ask at the open day :awesome: I know that one non-school-attatched sixth form college does some trips for MFL, don't know about science though...

:cry2: :emo: :cry2:

Our school used to do many history trips :frown: shame they stopped! I'd have loved to test my German /which I need to learn/ :tongue:

Aaah, I should pressure them into it :colone: but I'd rather the option if Further Maths! :angry: :mad:
:cry2: :emo: :cry2:

Our school used to do many history trips :frown: shame they stopped! I'd have loved to test my German /which I need to learn/ :tongue:

Aaah, I should pressure them into it :colone: but I'd rather the option if Further Maths! :angry: :mad:

Ich muss noch über Deutsch dich unterrichten :h:

I must teach German? :tongue: no idea...

I have to teach you more about german :tongue: :smile:

Well yes, but "dich" is an accusative pronoun meaning "you" so it's "I must still teach you German".
Well yes, but "dich" is an accusative pronoun meaning "you" so it's "I must still teach you German".

Awesome! :tongue: :rofl: all I understood was ich and deutch... With the :h: so I assumed xD
Anyway night... :biggrin: see ya tomorrow :wink: I'll be more active :tongue:
Anyway night... :biggrin: see ya tomorrow :wink: I'll be more active :tongue:

Why you going sleep now for its too early and you dont have school tomorrow! :tongue: .....Do you!?? :eek:.....Why am I talking to you you dont like paki's :facepalm: :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Aww noo :'( We better be allowed to see some stuff at least, I wonder what we'll do there. I will need a lot of gift shop money, I doubt I'll ever be going back so I need all the memories I can get from it
Ooh cool I hope by then I can understand the actual mathematics behind it instead of just pure conceptual information

Latest