The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
what did you do for your work experience? :smile:

Worked at a Law Practise :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Ignoring the obvious strangeness, that's actually an interesting question :rofl:
At my school they don't do work experience anymore :frown:
Original post by izpenguin

awww :frown:
Original post by izpenguin

Same :emo:

My school really is terrible when I think about it :colonhash: Maybe not in terms of teaching quality, but they have NOTHING ELSE :frown:
Guys should I consider retaking my As in my Sciences or do Med Schools really dislike retaking?
Original post by MangoFreak
Same :emo:

My school really is terrible when I think about it :colonhash: Maybe not in terms of teaching quality, but they have NOTHING ELSE :frown:

Sounds just like my school
Original post by dinrah04
Guys should I consider retaking my As in my Sciences or do Med Schools really dislike retaking?

An A isn't going to **** you over, but I doubt retaking when you already have an A would discourage med school :biggrin:

Although you know that you don't get your best grade when you resit? You get the resit grade even if it's worse than your original. Not that I doubt that you could get an A*, but there's some risk nevertheless.

I'm not at all interested in doing Med, so I really have no idea. I found all the GCSE entry retirements for different universities here though, if that helps. :smile: From the looks of thinks, with an A (qhich is a fantastic grade, bye the way. Well done :biggrin:) The only university that wouldn't take you is Birmingham, so you'd still have all the others open to you :smile: I don't think they'd mind if you retook if you already had an A, so I guess it's up to you really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by foreverstrong_97
G thanks :rolleyes: XD and no one got an A* and im the only one who got on A! :eek: :tongue: :facepalm:

Aww :h:

:tongue: Stupid thing they keep saying its maxium ive done today even though Ive only repped one person :lolwut:

Oh my gosh! That's great! You should be so proud, you beat all them :wink:
aha :smile:

Oh my days, they're just being mean aha :dry:
Good afternoon/morning everybody :smile:
I'm not at all interested in doing Med, so I really have no idea. I found all the GCSE entry retirements for different universities here though, if that helps. :smile: From the looks of thinks, with an A (qhich is a fantastic grade, bye the way. Well done :biggrin:) The only university that wouldn't take you is Birmingham, so you'd still have all the others open to you :smile: I don't think they'd mind if you retook if you already had an A, so I guess it's up to you really.

Do they have a page like that for other subjects? :holmes:
Do they have a page like that for other subjects? :holmes:

Similar ones, but they're not as informative nor as well maintained :frown:

EDIT: Here's the one for maths :smile: It says nothing about GCSE requirements though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Similar ones, but they're not as informative nor as well maintained :frown:

God damn bias :lol:

I don't understand how Medicine is so popular :colonhash: It's damn well not scientific interest or there'd be a similar amount of people doing Chemistry, if not Physics :pierre: And there are plenty of more well-paid subjects.

God damn social stereotypes :rofl: "Ooooh, Medicine is the best subject because you save lives." We'll see just how many people would be alive today if it weren't for the Industrial Revolution :colonhash:
An A isn't going to **** you over, but I doubt retaking when you already have an A would discourage med school :biggrin:

Although you know that you don't get your best grade when you resit? You get the resit grade even if it's worse than your original. Not that I doubt that you could get an A*, but there's some risk nevertheless.

Oh really? Damn I'm not sure then, I still have a chance of A* but I need all A*s from now on, I'd just hate to miss the grade by a small bit. Maybe I should just revise massively for the last units
Original post by techno836
english i still have 3 exams (1 lit 2 normal ) and 3 CA's i think :L.............. maths im sat with 6th formers learning AS (but no doing no exams :smile: )

oh :smile:
God damn bias :lol:

I don't understand how Medicine is so popular :colonhash: It's damn well not scientific interest or there'd be a similar amount of people doing Chemistry, if not Physics :pierre: And there are plenty of more well-paid subjects.

God damn social stereotypes :rofl: "Ooooh, Medicine is the best subject because you save lives." We'll see just how many people would be alive today if it weren't for the Industrial Revolution :colonhash:

Sorry, for it is just Scientific interest plus my mother talking about her job but from a young age, a nurse didn't really appeal to me but the talk of the actual Doctor's got me into it.
Reply 9078

That's not true :tongue: At least not for our year. Best mark counts, always. Otherwise, why would schools risk putting people in for a resit unless they did ridiculously badly?
Come on... suits are cool :awesome:

They can be seriously attractive on the right person xD

I really like them o;

Plus, they're part of our uniform

Oh wow haha, like a full suit with jackets and ties and everything? That's pretty awesome. Our sixth form have a "business meeting" dress code but everyone just turns up in casual clothes.

Latest