The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8300
Has anyone made a thread for today's episode yet?
I genuinely think that the 50th anniversary episode shouldn't be a major universal threat, but a major threat to the Doctor himself.

Return of the Time Lords seems like an obvious one.
Original post by Henna x

Nope, go ahead and make it if you want. :smile:

Add the poll after the episode with the four options 'Excellent', 'Good', 'Poor', 'Awful' to keep in line with previous threads (and making the poll voting public).
Gonna have to avoid this thread soon until I can watch it in Canada.
Original post by Henna x

Original post by SirMasterKey

Add the poll after the episode with the four options 'Excellent', 'Good', 'Poor', 'Awful' to keep in line with previous threads (and making the poll voting public).

I've always wondered whether it would be just a good idea to consolidate all discussion in this thread and simply change the poll every week to reflect whatever episode has just aired. I often find myself posting the same thing here and in the episode thread and the discussion in both threads is always the same yet takes place over two threads. There is the issue of spoilers but in here or the episode thread, spoilers are/must always be tagged anyway.

Any thoughts? :holmes:
Reply 8305
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I've always wondered whether it would be just a good idea to consolidate all discussion in this thread and simply change the poll every week to reflect whatever episode has just aired. I often find myself posting the same thing here and in the episode thread and the discussion in both threads is always the same yet takes place over two threads. There is the issue of spoilers but in here or the episode thread, spoilers are/must always be tagged anyway.

:yep:
Original post by Colonel.
I genuinely think that the 50th anniversary episode shouldn't be a major universal threat, but a major threat to the Doctor himself.

Return of the Time Lords seems like an obvious one.

I like the idea but return of the Time Lords is still pretty recent so might not be too good a threat really.
Reply 8307
There should be a meh/average option on the poll as well.

I'd be fine with that really. Would make it easier to find the thread for it as well.
I like the idea but return of the Time Lords is still pretty recent so might not be too good a threat really.

I mean back for good. As in, the Doctor will have to be judged for his crimes, maybe changing time to save Oswin.
Reply 8310

:redface: I've never made a thread before. Although I'm sure it's quite straight forward, I wouldn't want to mess it up. Especially because a lot of people will be commenting on it :colondollar: sorry.

I agree really. Same things are usually being said on both threads and it'll be easier just to have one thread. More people talk about the new episodes on this one anyway, so we may as well just stick to one :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8311
Original post by lizolove
I know! I was amazed by the spin on the return of the Daleks. So clever! :colondollar:

I know! I do love episodes that aren't in your face with the daleks. It was enjoyable :smile: You excited for the dinosaurs? :biggrin:
Original post by Henna x
I know! I do love episodes that aren't in your face with the daleks. It was enjoyable :smile: You excited for the dinosaurs? :biggrin:

I'm hoping to be presently surprised but from what I've seen in trailers it doesn't excite me that much.
Reply 8313
I'm hoping to be presently surprised but from what I've seen in trailers it doesn't excite me that much.

I am expecting a disaster on the level of the pirate episode from last year :sigh:
Original post by Mess.
I am expecting a disaster on the level of the pirate episode from last year :sigh:

If it is, next weeks look like it could be quite interesting though.

I haven't got the foggiest about the 4th episode. It seems to have been kept under wraps a bit.
Reply 8315
I forgot it was doctor who day until I clicked on here and saw reference to tonights episode :| lucky thing I got bored and was on here
Original post by Henna x

Honestly, I am not sure! It's so weird. Like normally you expect clever twists and so on, but it just looks like they've run out of ideas a bit with dinosaurs. I'll probably be wrong. :tongue:
I am curious to see how it all ties together though. :biggrin:
I recently started watching Dr Who { :eek: } ---> I know. :smile:

But it seems to me that the episodes are not continuation to each other right? Do you get links from one episode to another?
Reply 8318

I think it'll just be an ordinary Doctor Who episode. No hidden agendas or twists or complicated timey wimey stuff. Just simple alien (or Dinosaur in this case) action. It's what we need really.
Reply 8319
Original post by lizolove
Honestly, I am not sure! It's so weird. Like normally you expect clever twists and so on, but it just looks like they've run out of ideas a bit with dinosaurs. I'll probably be wrong. :tongue:
I am curious to see how it all ties together though. :biggrin:

I see what you mean. But maybe Moffat's just trying to keep it simple. After the twist in episode 1, they may have another surprise for us. Who knows.
Has there ever been dinosaurs on Doctor Who before? Maybe in the classic episodes?
Yes, there does seem to be alot going on in this episode.
I'm excited to see how Rory reacts around his dad :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending