The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8360
Original post by Colonel.
2.5/10

Dark ending with some poor CGI.

I did wonder why the man didn't just use the transporter rock to go back to the ship :beard:
It was a good episode, but perhaps they could've done better ..it's always strange whenever they have a well known actor, the storyline never seems up to par with other episodes.
That was average. Chibnall is a poor poor writer. I've always tried to be fairly sympathetic to him but this was average. It really should be poor but there was some nice bits, some foreshadowing bits, and a darker doctor but that was just poor.

Why do they keep inviting Chibnall back?
2.5/10

Dark ending with some poor CGI.

:lol: Filch's ship, dreadful effects.
I'm trying to think of episodes I'd rate lower.
Reply 8365
I think the Doctor has had enough of given people second chances, woah.
Original post by sleekchic
That was average. Chibnall is a poor poor writer. I've always tried to be fairly sympathetic to him but this was average. It really should be poor but there was some nice bits, some foreshadowing bits, and a darker doctor but that was just poor.

Why do they keep inviting Chibnall back?

He's done episode 4 as well.

Original post by lizolove
I know! I wonder when she's coming back. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Original post by Mess.
Treating it like a dog :facepalm2: What the **** is this nonsense.

I know, right.

The only decent bit of this episode was that small scene between Amy and the Doctor with 'You'll be there at my end' or something on those lines with Amy's 'Vice versa' with the Doctor's sad reaction. And of course the Doctor killing someone in cold blood. A bit random given his past history to be fair.
With the gaps between the Doctors visits extending anyone else envisage the long-term plotline for the series will eventually see out the life of the Ponds?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm so disappointed. Next week looks like it'll be back too timey wimey serious doctor stuff.(The way I like it!) The bit with the doctor and Amy and the introduction too the end of the Ponds was good though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm trying to think of episodes I'd rate lower.

Fear Her
Love and Monsters
The Beast Below

I'd rate them all under this one personally.
Chibnall is also writing episode 4 and if you liked Pond Life, it sounds very similar to that.

Original post by gozatron
With the gaps between the Doctors visits anyone else envisage the long-term plotline for the series will eventually see out the life of the Ponds?

If they were staying the whole series, I'd say yes, but they're leaving soon.
that.was.awesome. :biggrin:

dinosaurs in space :awesome:
Original post by SirMasterKey

Spoiler

I know, right.

The only decent bit of this episode was that small scene between Amy and the Doctor with 'You'll be there at my end' or something on those lines with Amy's 'Vice versa' with the Doctor's sad reaction. And of course the Doctor killing someone in cold blood. A bit random given his past history to be fair.

Yeah I know I just looked online and I saw that about episode 4. Hopefully it'll be a lot better

Fear Her
Love and Monsters
The Beast Below

I disagree but then it's a matter of opinion but I really like The Beast Below.
Fear Her
Love and Monsters
The Beast Below

I thought the Beast Below was better than average tbh. It just suffered from following a stellar opener.
Reply 8374
Original post by SciFiRory
that.was.awesome. :biggrin:

dinosaurs in space :awesome:

eyy, someone like it :tongue:
Chibnall is also writing episode 4 and if you liked Pond Life, it sounds very similar to that.

If they were staying the whole series, I'd say yes, but they're leaving soon.

Could still be now though. The gaps are getting bigger and bigger it would seem. It could be a case of 1.5 years+ cap for the Ponds when they meet the Doctor for next weeks. Then a few years in ep.4 before the heart-break of ep.5.
Really didn't like this episode. Hated the sassy robots. David Mitchel's nasal voice is only good on David Mitchel. The CGI was terrible. The only good thing was the foreshadowing.

Fear Her
Love and Monsters
The Beast Below

Nah, I'd say The Beast Below was just a little bit better.
What exactly did it foreshadow? I thought this pretty much stood alone.

And I wonder if kids liked this episode. I'm genuinely interested.

Spoiler

I know, right.

OOOH, thanks! How do you know out of curiosity? :rolleyes:
Reply 8379
I was just waiting for a "I have had it with these mother flippin' dinosaurs on this mother flippin'... spaceship"

It never came.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest