The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colonel.
What exactly did it foreshadow? I thought this pretty much stood alone.

And I wonder if kids liked this episode. I'm genuinely interested.

It was foreshadowing the leave of Amy and Rory, and how it might happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What exactly did it foreshadow? I thought this pretty much stood alone.

And I wonder if kids liked this episode. I'm genuinely interested.

I watched it with my 5 year old brother and he seemed to like it. Though he generally likes the idea of dinosaurs AND spaceships, so that was probably why. Most of the jokes flew over his head though, obviously!
It's good that kids might have liked it. My younger cousins used to love it until Moffat came in.

I dunno why, I'm not a kid.
Reply 8383
The robot voices were also something I'd expect from Sarah Jane Adventures, y'know, the CBBC spinoff for DW. The Doctor saved everyone with some random plan he came up with on the spot and the episode had no real meaning as the Silurians were dead anyway and the Doctor didn't even have to bring the "gang" aboard it.

Could've been better, but a terrible episode to follow the Dalek one as that was brilliant
For some reason I thought it was alright, the CGI wasn't that bad really (aside from Filch's escape ship, that looked ridiculous,) and the plot wasn't horrible, nothing special but definitely not the worst. The ending was weird though, although most people would leave the guy to die, the doctor wouldn't, the only justification for it can be that without companions he becomes colder, but nothing else about his personality in the episode suggested that. David Mitchell bot should have died earlier though, did he know how unfunny his script would be when he signed on? I'd give it 6.5/10.
Original post by Pensivedore
I watched it with my 5 year old brother and he seemed to like it. Though he generally likes the idea of dinosaurs AND spaceships, so that was probably why. Most of the jokes flew over his head though, obviously!

Yeah, the jokes were strange. Why was there do much innuendo? It's not really what you'd expect of Doctor Who.

I'm trying to think of episodes I'd rate lower.

A Good Man Goes to War
Let's Kill Hitler
Original post by rhw
The robot voices were also something I'd expect from Sarah Jane Adventures, y'know, the CBBC spinoff for DW. The Doctor saved everyone with some random plan he came up with on the spot and the episode had no real meaning as the Silurians were dead anyway and the Doctor didn't even have to bring the "gang" aboard it.

Could've been better, but a terrible episode to follow the Dalek one as that was brilliant

especially Filch's ship when he was fleeing, would expect that effect on SJA.
Original post by lizolove
OOOH, thanks! How do you know out of curiosity? :rolleyes:

Read it somewhere online earlier on. Can't quite remember where though.
Original post by getfunky!
A Good Man Goes to War
Let's Kill Hitler

Really?
Really?

I'd agree with Let's Kill Hitler, that was complete and utter tribe. A Good Man Goes to War was through ally enjoyable though. I rated that episode quite highly.
Reply 8391
Do the people who voted 'excellent' really believe that this was? As in it was a 9 or 10 out of 10 episode? :lolwut:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Read it somewhere online earlier on. Can't quite remember where though.

Ah, cool, thanks!
I think todays was better than last weeks episode. Dinosaurs on a spaceship are pretty cool. But I still think they have become so much worse since Moffat started writing them. He makes them confusing, un-emotional, and now he has decided to add rude jokes in. wtf?
Am I the only one that liked it? I appreciated having an adventure episode, not just story arc all the time. Yeah there were some flaws, but all in all it was good fun :yy:
Original post by Ellie_May :)
I think todays was better than last weeks episode. Dinosaurs on a spaceship are pretty cool. But I still think they have become so much worse since Moffat started writing them. He makes them confusing, un-emotional, and now he has decided to add rude jokes in. wtf?

I thought today's episode had someone different writing it?

I genuinely didn't find it fun. So much of it didn't need to be there.
I thought it was an alright episode, better than some other "fillers" but not amazing by any means. I probably wouldn't watch it again unless there was absolutely nothing else on, but at least it wasn't built around a stupid story arc.
Reply 8398
well I liked it
I thought it was Ok personally, not brilliant, but not terrible either. The only things which got on my nerves were:-

A) the robots... their voices were just irritating, their banter (both between themselves and other characters) and so on.

B) Just the general idea of dinosaurs in space... it just seems... silly... to me, but not un-watchable, it did seem quite well executed even though I wasn't initially keen on it.

C) The ending where Nefertiti shacks up with that random hunter guy.

Other than that I still thought it was decent.

but....I still think they have become worse as Moffat has gone on with them. He makes them confusing (last series case in point, it was confusing to watch the story unfold, and when it was finally revealed and I understood it, it didn't seem that great anyway...), and generally I find some of the more... wishy-washy/mushy stuff more irritating than enjoyable (case in point 2: Craig blows up the cyber-men with love, and all the stuff surrounding River song marrying the doctor... my memory is a little hazy on the episode but did they really have to do the whole ****ty wedding scene? All I remember watching it was that I had an over-whelming sense to claw my eyes out...). I suppose I'm looking for a more serious Dr Who than what's currently available... shame the last Torchwood was an abortion of a series.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest