The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moviebuffateer
clubbling in the mid 90s was a laugh when you pulled and swapped your parents landline numbers using lipstick on your arm or whatever.
Then theres the fact that most homes landline telephones were located within the hallway (and not cordless) thus the whole household could hear your conversation.

would you seriously want to go back to that?

How... old are you? :indiff:
Original post by + polarity -
How... old are you? :indiff:

Haven’t your parents taught you that it is rude to ask your elders for their age, hehe.

Not that you would know that I am older than you, for all I know you could be older than me.
Original post by moviebuffateer
Haven’t your parents taught you that it is rude to ask your elders for their age, hehe.

Not that you would know that I am older than you, for all I know you could be older than me.

Ah! Forgot I hid my age this afternoon :sly:

Forget I asked :redface:
Original post by TheCrackInTime
This is just full of win. :awesome:

IMO, Apple started off this patent war because they're kacking themselves. They know they're losing the mobile phone war; just like they lost the personal computer war. Apple have proven themselves to be greed driven, selfish profiteers; and the fact they're releasing a new iPhone virtually every year with yet another pointless upgrade is vindication they are paddling up **** creek without an ore.

Most people with Apple phones don't actually benefit with things that come out of it. Siri? What a joke. Windows Mobile has got a real chance of stealing the market from Apple, just like they did with their PCs, if they play their cards right. Windows phones are showing potential though if they prove Windows Mobile can make a great phone; especially after the disaster that was Windows Mobile 7.5
Original post by silent ninja
Anybody sick of their phone?

I hate it because I'm always on it. But I need it cos I'm always on it. I wanna go back to the dark ages (i.e 90's) and bin this POS, then people can send me beeper messages and i'll have messages when I get home. I hate being connected sometimes. It's like slavery I tell you :fuhrer:

/rant

So what new Android phones are coming? Think I'm gonna hold out until next April with my SGS2. I'm bored with it but it's too much work to flash it, especially with certain apps (Sky) not working.

Forgive me for sounding like a douche - but you've just made a hypocrite of yourself :confused: If you wanna go back to the 'dark ages', feel free, but why would you be interested in new Android phones if you wanted to go back?

Or maybe that was sarcasm?
I just love it when people on TSR say cack.
I'm bored of my S2, really want root it whatever it's called, but it'll void my warranty :s-smilie:, I'm scared of bricking my phone...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Karma Charger
I'm bored of my S2, really want root it whatever it's called, but it'll void my warranty :s-smilie:, I'm scared of bricking my phone...

I was a little reluctant to root my current phone, especially as HTC have been somewhat two-faced about the unlocking the bootloader, but I did it anyway, what's the worst that could happen? :ahee:
Reply 8048
Any ideas when jelly bean will be released for HTC One X?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

samsungs are easy to root.

Now HTC are evil. (I've bricked a G1 and a wildfire)
Original post by Jippet
Any ideas when jelly bean will be released for HTC One X?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I saw a picture on a blog that said September. I've been looking for this picture for the last few minutes, but I can't find it now!
I swear there are already roms for jellybean on HTC one X
Original post by n0c0ntr0l
I swear there are already roms for jellybean on HTC one X

Yeah, I think they're AOSP, not official ones. HTC are ****ing slow man
Yeah, I think they're AOSP, not official ones. HTC are ****ing slow man

I'm waiting on cyanogenmod 10 to be a bit more stable before I get it (I use youtube videos so the filter issues will piss me off)
I'm waiting on cyanogenmod 10 to be a bit more stable before I get it (I use youtube videos so the filter issues will piss me off)

yooo what filter issues? It's amazing how devs do all of this :daydreaming: I want to try it, but I don't know when/if I could
yooo what filter issues? It's amazing how devs do all of this :daydreaming: I want to try it, but I don't know when/if I could

It's mainly driver development. Boring as hell!
It's mainly driver development. Boring as hell!

Oh. That's considerably less exciting than I originally thought.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh. That's considerably less exciting than I originally thought.

If I rooted my phone and bricked it and it needed fixing. What if I dropped it in a bowl of water and sent it off for repair? Would they know what happened to it? Btw, my warranty with Samsung expired but I have gadget insurance for students...
Original post by G8D
Water damage will not be covered by your warranty. There are tabs inside the phone (and battery I think) that indicate whether or not there has been substantial water present inside your phone.

I dropped my S2 in water last year and got it replaced by my insurance company... It cost £25 though...
Reply 8059
I dropped my S2 in water last year and got it replaced by my insurance company... It cost £25 though...

That's nothing to do with the warranty though :smile:

If I rooted my phone and bricked it and it needed fixing. What if I dropped it in a bowl of water and sent it off for repair? Would they know what happened to it? Btw, my warranty with Samsung expired but I have gadget insurance for students...

As G8D said, warranty doesn't cover water damage, or in fact accidental damage of any kind. If you have a manufacture related hardware issue then they should repair it even if it's rooted. As far as I am aware, they can't reject the warranty unless they can prove it was caused by rooting.

Latest

Trending

Trending