The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Well since there isn't one up yet, I figured one should be posted. I'm aiming on doing both PY3 and PY4 in January so I'll be posting and marking essays if anyone needs some done. I'm just looking to get on top of the whole a-level thing this time round.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm so scared for PY4. My teacher's been warning us how difficult it is. Apparently one person in the last year 13 had an E and the rest had Us! :0
Original post by Miracle Day
I'm so scared for PY4. My teacher's been warning us how difficult it is. Apparently one person in the last year 13 had an E and the rest had Us! :0

O_o. I know, but I'm aiming for an A* so I need to try and get 90% on both PY3 (this should be easy) and PY4 (exact opposite of other statement). haha, but that's why I'm starting early cause I plan on acing it first time around instead of doing a retake.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
O_o. I know, but I'm aiming for an A* so I need to try and get 90% on both PY3 (this should be easy) and PY4 (exact opposite of other statement). haha, but that's why I'm starting early cause I plan on acing it first time around instead of doing a retake.

If I get 90% overall A2 I get an A* aswell which I'm going to try my damned hardest to do.

Yeah same, I cba retakes. I'm going to try and get full marks or near as in PY3 to bring me up to an A in the overall modules and then it's just down to PY4 :/
If I get 90% overall A2 I get an A* aswell which I'm going to try my damned hardest to do.

Yeah same, I cba retakes. I'm going to try and get full marks or near as in PY3 to bring me up to an A in the overall modules and then it's just down to PY4 :/

Seems like a smart move, but be sure you work extremely hard for PY4. What I'm planning on doing after I complete my UCAS application is search up PY4 essays online a few A grade ones, take a few of their ideas and mix it in with mine, as well as practice timed essays. What I've realized is I never complete a psychology paper and it's probably due to the fact I never do practice papers apart from in school.

I'll probably start posting PY3 revision notes and essays next week. You can do the same and I'll mark it bro : D
Seems like a smart move, but be sure you work extremely hard for PY4. What I'm planning on doing after I complete my UCAS application is search up PY4 essays online a few A grade ones, take a few of their ideas and mix it in with mine, as well as practice timed essays. What I've realized is I never complete a psychology paper and it's probably due to the fact I never do practice papers apart from in school.

I'll probably start posting PY3 revision notes and essays next week. You can do the same and I'll mark it bro : D

Yeah let's do it. Together we shall we get them A*s haha.

Well to be honest I wont be able to write essays for about a month until I know enough content. I only have 2 exams in January which should be easy:smile: and I intend on spending around 20 days total on Py2 alone :/
Yeah let's do it. Together we shall we get them A*s haha.

Well to be honest I wont be able to write essays for about a month until I know enough content. I only have 2 exams in January which should be easy:smile: and I intend on spending around 20 days total on Py2 alone :/

If you want I could send you my essays? They're longer than usual, so you'll have to cut down some of the stuff, but I basically got 12/12 on the essays section except for bennet-levy as I didn't revise that to well I got a 10.

Also I think if you do a retake in psychology wjec you can't get an A* I believe. I'm not to sure but you'll have to check the site.
If you want I could send you my essays? They're longer than usual, so you'll have to cut down some of the stuff, but I basically got 12/12 on the essays section except for bennet-levy as I didn't revise that to well I got a 10.

Also I think if you do a retake in psychology wjec you can't get an A* I believe. I'm not to sure but you'll have to check the site.

I'm not retaking? O.o
I'm not retaking? O.o

Quote from you: and I intend on spending around 20 days total on Py2 alone :/

I'm assuming you mean PY4. I'm assuming your taking sociology in January, cause history at A2 you should be doing coursework. Why not take PY4 in January then? I mean look at it like this, if you can pass both PY3 & 4 in January you complete it. Furthermore, since you're not retaking PY2 or PY3, wouldn't you rather take PY4 in January instead of waiting till June were you might miss out on universities. Maybe ask your teacher if you can set something up were she teaches you after school.

You could wait to June, but I know your applying to some good universities for Law which require AAA. It's your call though.

One more thing, Hell yeah with the A* thing ; )
Quote from you: and I intend on spending around 20 days total on Py2 alone :/

I'm assuming you mean PY4. I'm assuming your taking sociology in January, cause history at A2 you should be doing coursework. Why not take PY4 in January then? I mean look at it like this, if you can pass both PY3 & 4 in January you complete it. Furthermore, since you're not retaking PY2 or PY3, wouldn't you rather take PY4 in January instead of waiting till June were you might miss out on universities. Maybe ask your teacher if you can set something up were she teaches you after school.

You could wait to June, but I know your applying to some good universities for Law which require AAA. It's your call though.

One more thing, Hell yeah with the A* thing ; )

I'd love to but I'm dreadful at resitting, and my teacher probably won't listen anyway. Yeah I have SY3 and PY3 in January, HY4, SY4 and PY4 in June so it isn't really that bad is it? If I do it in Jan I have 3 exams, if I do it in June I have 3.

Yeah I meant PY4.
I'd love to but I'm dreadful at resitting, and my teacher probably won't listen anyway. Yeah I have SY3 and PY3 in January, HY4, SY4 and PY4 in June so it isn't really that bad is it? If I do it in Jan I have 3 exams, if I do it in June I have 3.

Yeah I meant PY4.

Well I meant that if you fail PY4 in June you won't be able to get most your of the good offers. Because a lot of people this year in my school fell short of their grades and aren't going to their firm choices. But if you can get an A* in sociology I would say try to. btw, If you are doing the Kaiser to Fuhrer, I'll warn you know that exam is *uck difficult. I manged to get 1 mark off an A but a Cambridge applicant (who got in) worked his ass off and only got a normal B. It's really difficult.

Edit: You don't need to take PY4 in Jan, I just think it would be a better option. Cause if you can get it out of the way early it will be easier. Can't believe you do the exact same subjects as me lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Well I meant that if you fail PY4 in June you won't be able to get most your of the good offers. Because a lot of people this year in my school fell short of their grades and aren't going to their firm choices. But if you can get an A* in sociology I would say try to. btw, If you are doing the Kaiser to Fuhrer, I'll warn you know that exam is *uck difficult. I manged to get 1 mark off an A but a Cambridge applicant (who got in) worked his ass off and only got a normal B. It's really difficult.

Edit: You don't need to take PY4 in Jan, I just think it would be a better option. Cause if you can get it out of the way early it will be easier. Can't believe you do the exact same subjects as me lol

I know haha. I would love to do PY4 in Jan but I can't cope with the pressure of retaking. Nah I'm doing nazi Germany support and resistance, and our teacher has doubled up so our exam and coursework is on it so should be much easier ;p

What Unis are you applying to?
I know haha. I would love to do PY4 in Jan but I can't cope with the pressure of retaking. Nah I'm doing nazi Germany support and resistance, and our teacher has doubled up so our exam and coursework is on it so should be much easier ;p

What Unis are you applying to?

Lucky :b good luck with it all. I'm applying to York, Lancaster, Kent, Reading and Sussex. I think I might change one of those unis to something lower, but for now i'm leaving it like that. I've forgotten where your applying, but I know they require A's xD so where you going again?
Lucky :b good luck with it all. I'm applying to York, Lancaster, Kent, Reading and Sussex. I think I might change one of those unis to something lower, but for now i'm leaving it like that. I've forgotten where your applying, but I know they require A's xD so where you going again?

Cardiff Uni, Bristol Uni and Liverpool Uni

No idea on the other 2 :/

It's also funny how.. same exam boards, same degree, same subjects. Do you do the Welsh Bac?
(edited 11 years ago)
Cardiff Uni, Bristol Uni and Liverpool Uni

No idea on the other 2 :/

It's also funny how.. same exam boards, same degree, same subjects. Do you do the Welsh Bac?

I'm sure all those are AAA unis, I recommend getting yourself some AAB unis that are good. That's why I choose Sussex and Kent, they're like top 2 and not that bad, plus decent for law.

I assume when you say Welsh Bac you mean Welsh Background? Nah, I live round London :b
I'm sure all those are AAA unis, I recommend getting yourself some AAB unis that are good. That's why I choose Sussex and Kent, they're like top 2 and not that bad, plus decent for law.

I assume when you say Welsh Bac you mean Welsh Background? Nah, I live round London :b

Welsh Baccalaureate lol.

Yeah Cardiff would let me in with AAB though haha
Welsh Baccalaureate lol.

Yeah Cardiff would let me in with AAB though haha

*face palm*

How do you know that? I'm pretty sure they're entry requirement is 3As, I looked it up.
*face palm*

How do you know that? I'm pretty sure they're entry requirement is 3As, I looked it up.

I was monitoring clearing andI asked them.
Doing 2 hours a week for January's PY3 and 2 hours for June's PY4 ****! I started Relationships for Section B, and I still need to buy the WJEC book! I'm so screwed haha the content is massive!
Okay going to post my aims here nice and early.

Total UMS after As: 149 -_-
Ums wanted in PY3: 80
UMS wanted in PY4: 91

It doesn't actually seem so bad when you look at the raw mark to Ums conversions and see 100 raw marks in PY4 is 120 ums, and that 65 raw marks in PY4 was an A overall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending