The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any of you did Ancient Greek GCSE? - If so could you PM me, (I just have a few questions)
Reply 2941
Original post by kishihime
Wow, that's a great idea! I didn't even think about a project book, now I wouldn't need to carry lots and lots of loose paper. :biggrin:

it's okay :h: it makes organising things a lot easier :smile:
How do I do 2x^2-5x ???

is it 2(x^2-5x)
= 2(x-2.5)^2- 6.25
=2(x-2.5)^2 -12.5

the book answer is

2(x-5/4)^2-25/8
Original post by Blueray2
How do I do 2x^2-5x ???

is it 2(x^2-5x)
= 2(x-2.5)^2- 6.25
=2(x-2.5)^2 -12.5

the book answer is

2(x-5/4)^2-25/8

2x^2 - 5

2(x^2 - 5/2x)

2[(x-5/4]^2 - 25/16]

2(x-5/4)^2 - 25/8
Original post by shadab786ahmed
2x^2 - 5

2(x^2 - 5/2x)

2[(x-5/4]^2 - 25/16]

2(x-5/4)^2 - 25/8

Thats not the original q??? :s-smilie:
Ugh. First day of sixth form today. Double further maths in the afternoon and the teacher was awful :frown: Kept telling us anecdotes every couple of minutes which was really disruptive to the work. ****er.
Reply 2946
Original post by CJG21
Ugh. First day of sixth form today. Double further maths in the afternoon and the teacher was awful :frown: Kept telling us anecdotes every couple of minutes which was really disruptive to the work. ****er.

Kinda the same here. Just looked at my computing homework and the question is the difference between disk and ram cache, after he spent the whole lesson saying that they were basicly the same.
Reply 2947
First psych lesson tomorrow with the legend that is Geoff Rolls :cool:
Original post by lilGem
it's okay :h: it makes organising things a lot easier :smile:

Hopefully I'll be able to buy everything within the week (+ my books) so I can get everything organised early.

I have Physics then Maths then Chemistry tomorrow. I'm going to buy chocolate in the morning just to survive the day. :tongue: I've met pretty much all my teachers, it's going to be my first Physics lesson but the teacher is my tutor, at least he knows my name. :cool:
Reply 2949
Hopefully I'll be able to buy everything within the week (+ my books) so I can get everything organised early.

I have Physics then Maths then Chemistry tomorrow. I'm going to buy chocolate in the morning just to survive the day. :tongue: I've met pretty much all my teachers, it's going to be my first Physics lesson but the teacher is my tutor, at least he knows my name. :cool:

Sounds good :h:

I have a free, biology then psych then a free tutor (lunch- anatomy and physiology class :woo:) then chemistry :woo:
I have one of the head examiners as my psychology teachers and I have the HOS for all my subjects :cool:
Original post by lilGem
:woo:

How are you finding it so far? (I literally had my first lesson today- a double :cool: just going over the course and doing some balanced equations) :smile:

I had my second lesson today, the first one was just watching some safety videos and today was just re-capping on Relative and molecular atomic mass at GCSE level. But looking at the textbook the content looks ok, mostly what we covered at GCSE but it's based more on application rather than re-calling facts. But it's been quite enjoyable so far, how are you finding it so far ?
Reply 2951
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
I had my second lesson today, the first one was just watching some safety videos and today was just re-capping on Relative and molecular atomic mass at GCSE level. But looking at the textbook the content looks ok, mostly what we covered at GCSE but it's based more on application rather than re-calling facts. But it's been quite enjoyable so far, how are you finding it so far ?

Ooh awesome! We're going over moles tomorrow + summer work :smile: then we have a copper iodide pratical friday :woo:

I'm really enjoying it! we're just doing the basics before getting into the hardcore things though :smile: I seem to have improved a lot at it over the years :lol:
Original post by lilGem
Ooh awesome! We're going over moles tomorrow + summer work :smile: then we have a copper iodide pratical friday :woo:

I'm really enjoying it! we're just doing the basics before getting into the hardcore things though :smile: I seem to have improved a lot at it over the years :lol:

Oh lucky you all of my subject lessons have been pretty slow mainly just recapping :frown:
Reply 2953
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
Oh lucky you all of my subject lessons have been pretty slow mainly just recapping :frown:

I have A2 lessons (biology) but we had a test the first day back :erm: so we're getting that mark back tomorrow then we're continuing with the stages of respiration :love:

Chem I mentioned before. . .

I'll update once I've done psych :smile:
Original post by lbsf1
Kinda the same here. Just looked at my computing homework and the question is the difference between disk and ram cache, after he spent the whole lesson saying that they were basicly the same.

:facepalm2:
Original post by lilGem
Sounds good :h:

I have a free, biology then psych then a free tutor (lunch- anatomy and physiology class :woo:) then chemistry :woo:
I have one of the head examiners as my psychology teachers and I have the HOS for all my subjects :cool:

Haha, lucky! I have 2 teachers for everything apart from Physics I think. My main Bio and Chem teacher is the Co-ordinator of Science so I assume he's pretty good. I'm meeting my main Maths teacher tomorrow :dance:
NOOOOO! Beaver Falls is over again :'(
Depressed
Original post by mynameisntbobk
NOOOOO! Beaver Falls is over again :'(
Depressed

I haven't ever watched it, but i was advertised a lot. Did the wedding go ahead as planned?
Original post by CJG21
I haven't ever watched it, but i was advertised a lot. Did the wedding go ahead as planned?

Well yes and no. No, because it was cancelled, yes, because it was planned last minute.
You need to watch it. And season 1. It's a great show!
Reply 2959
Haha, lucky! I have 2 teachers for everything apart from Physics I think. My main Bio and Chem teacher is the Co-ordinator of Science so I assume he's pretty good. I'm meeting my main Maths teacher tomorrow :dance:

yeah psych is my only one in which I have 2 teachers. I love the A2 biology course though :love:

all my subjects today then 2 a day for the rest of the week :dance:

Latest