The Student Room Group

Someone fix my Android :(

Please can someone help me with my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace ( GT-S5830 ) on Android OS and recenty its been acting up and telling me it has no memory space or storage.

I have not updated or added any apps to my phone since it started displaying this message and have deleted loads of stuff.
Msg says "Internal Phone Storage getting low"

Second more recent and much more annoying problem is it wont accept texts because it says I have no space. I have deleted 200+ text but it still wont let new msgs through and comes up with this:
"Incoming Message Rejected. Memory Full"

But it buzzes every 15 mins with this msg and its soooooo annoying.

I have an SD card which is pretty much empty, several apps that dont take up a great deal of phobe storage space and plenty of space on my sim so why is my phone displaying these errors?

any help?
Reply 1
Bump...
Reply 2
I'm not sure, I've never seen that problem. Have you considered resetting the phone? If you do decide to do that you might want to consider flashing a rom like cyanogenmod at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone, make your phone better and potentially fix the problem you're having. At least you'll know if that doesn't fix it that it's a problem with the phone itself rather than the android operating system so you would have to get the phone repaired.
Have you tried clearing the cache on your apps?
Also, are your apps on your SD card or on the internal memory of your phone?

EDIT: I have the HTC Chacha and it's forever telling me that I'm low on memory. I always have to clear the cache to get it back.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Have emptied cache. And apps are mainly on SD card not phone. But texts should be on the sim so it shouldnt stop the messages coming through.
Ive deletedloads of text and contacts as well to try free up.sim space but its just not working :frown:
Reply 5
Get root access to your phone, and explore the filesystem, see what is obviously not supposed to be there. Try a disk analyser app, and see what is hogging the space, and delete accordingly, but be careful not to delete anything important.
Reply 6
The problem's not your SD card or your SIM from the sounds of your error message - it's your phone storage, and it sounds like a virus. Check the amount of space you have (settings -> SD card and storage or similar) and maybe delete some of the more dodgy apps you installed and get an antivirus app (though I'm not sure how effective they are) onto your SD card.
Reply 7
My SD card still has 1.5GB free and all apps that can be are loaded on it. My phone only has 17MB free :/ which seems very wrong.
I tried the menu "manage SIM card messages" but apparently there arent any saved on the SIM but my error msg displays a sim card with an exclamation mark when it says memory full.

Do antivirus apps solve the problem or will they just identify that yes theres a virus?
Reply 8
Have you checked that photos or videos ain't to blame? Try a factory reset after that

Sent from my GT-I9300
Reply 9
Original post by Tinberry
My SD card still has 1.5GB free and all apps that can be are loaded on it. My phone only has 17MB free :/ which seems very wrong.
I tried the menu "manage SIM card messages" but apparently there arent any saved on the SIM but my error msg displays a sim card with an exclamation mark when it says memory full.

Do antivirus apps solve the problem or will they just identify that yes theres a virus?

Hmm weird that you can't get messages, 17MB is fine for that :/ But yeah, run an antivirus. I assume they'd solve the problem, but I have no idea.
Reply 10
Original post by Daniel_R
Have you checked that photos or videos ain't to blame? Try a factory reset after that

Sent from my GT-I9300

No videos on the phone and only.like 20 photos. 5 or 6 apps as well. somethings definately higging my space.
Can I just download an antivirus from Google store? Any suggestions on good/reliable ones
Reply 12
Factory reset it.
It feels sad but you don't worry anymore. It had happen to me too. There might be some infection. Check out the antiviruses for your phone. This might help you http://www.antivirusforandroid.org/

Original post by Tinberry
Please can someone help me with my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace ( GT-S5830 ) on Android OS and recenty its been acting up and telling me it has no memory space or storage.

I have not updated or added any apps to my phone since it started displaying this message and have deleted loads of stuff.
Msg says "Internal Phone Storage getting low"

Second more recent and much more annoying problem is it wont accept texts because it says I have no space. I have deleted 200+ text but it still wont let new msgs through and comes up with this:
"Incoming Message Rejected. Memory Full"

But it buzzes every 15 mins with this msg and its soooooo annoying.

I have an SD card which is pretty much empty, several apps that dont take up a great deal of phobe storage space and plenty of space on my sim so why is my phone displaying these errors?

any help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending