The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Biomedical Sciences Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys,
Once you have firmed and are ready to go, does anyone know whether UCL asks for proof of everything? I mean do they ask evidence for qualifications as well as everything in your personal statement such as work experience eg at a hospital etc. Because if this is the case then I am not sure how we are supposed to provide proof for all of our work experience and other achievements??
Thank you for your help x x:smile::tongue:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by shahnila4ever
Hey Guys,
Once you have firmed and are ready to go, does anyone know whether UCL asks for proof of everything? I mean do they ask evidence for qualifications as well as everything in your personal statement such as work experience eg at a hospital etc. Because if this is the case then I am not sure how we are supposed to provide proof for all of our work experience and other achievements??
Thank you for your help x x:smile::tongue:

I think you only have to send in proof of your results. Depending on what exam board you are they might be automatically sent over to them, for example the IB. I don't think they need proof for work experience etc, but you should get a letter in the mail from UCL explaining all of this - they say that they will request, if needed, at a later date. :smile:

Hope that helps!
Original post by wavezone113
I think you only have to send in proof of your results. Depending on what exam board you are they might be automatically sent over to them, for example the IB. I don't think they need proof for work experience etc, but you should get a letter in the mail from UCL explaining all of this - they say that they will request, if needed, at a later date. :smile:

Hope that helps!

Is this a letter that arrives after firming?
Original post by wavezone113

Hope that helps!

Yes it does!!
Thank you very much and have a nice day!!!:tongue:
Original post by imsorrymissjackson
Is this a letter that arrives after firming?

Yup! I firmed and got the letter in the mail about a week after. :smile:
Reply 65
Hey guys, how's everybody holding up?
Getting all nervous :smile: results come out soon!
Reply 66
has anyone got in with a medicine personal statement?
Original post by Tan Theta
has anyone got in with a medicine personal statement?

Yes. :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by joker12345
Yes. :smile:

Do you reckon I should apply? my PS is not very academic, does it depend on the questionnaire?
Original post by Tan Theta
Do you reckon I should apply? my PS is not very academic, does it depend on the questionnaire?

It doesn't need to be academic. I'd say definitely give it a go.
Reply 70
What career options can you have with a 2:1 or 1st with biomed from kings/ucl?
Reply 71
I'm thinking of applying, i got A*AB at a-level which is just short of the requirement but they said they accept a retake outside the 2 years of college.

I was just wondering, is there anyone else who retook an exam (after 2 years of sixth form) and then got an offer?

Thanks
Original post by Lowkey101
I'm thinking of applying, i got A*AB at a-level which is just short of the requirement but they said they accept a retake outside the 2 years of college.

I was just wondering, is there anyone else who retook an exam (after 2 years of sixth form) and then got an offer?

Thanks

Look on the medicine stalking page for last year, there are plently of people. And your grades are among the better ones for resitters (I only have ABB). Good luck. :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by joker12345
Look on the medicine stalking page for last year, there are plently of people. And your grades are among the better ones for resitters (I only have ABB). Good luck. :smile:

Really? Okay i'll be sure to check that out then.

Thanks and good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply