The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by brooksclaire
This has probably been asked lots, but yeah...

Living in Norfolk Terrace this year. My boyfriend isn't at Uni, can he come visit me on campus/in the flat etc?
And, how does that all work?

I get so stressed about all this sorta stuff :')

Hi there. Generally, the rule is that you are allowed visitors to stay over in your room for three days at a time and as a courtesy, you should tell your flatmates in advance (and your cleaner, so they aren't too surprised when they come in to find a complete stranger in your flat/room!).

All the university buildings, campus facilities and lectures (not seminars though) are generally open to non-students, so there shouldn't be any problem with showing your boyfriend around the place while he is visiting.

Hope that clears things up, and welcome to UEA!
(edited 11 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Eloquai
Hi there. Generally, the rule is that you are allowed visitors to stay over in your room for three days at a time and as a courtesy, you should tell your flatmates in advance (and your cleaner, so they aren't too surprised when they come in to find a complete stranger in your flat/room!).

All the university buildings, campus facilities and lectures (not seminars though) are generally open to non-students, so there shouldn't be any problem with showing your boyfriend around the place while he is visiting.

Hope that clears things up, and welcome to UEA!

Thank-you!! :smile:

Also, he will be driving?! So, can he park in the main car park - it's pay and display isn't it? :smile:
Reply 742
Original post by brooksclaire
Thank-you!! :smile:

Also, he will be driving?! So, can he park in the main car park - it's pay and display isn't it? :smile:

No worries :smile:

Parking at UEA can be a bit of a confusing experience (haven't ever done it myself so I'm not too sure quite how it all works). I think the main car park may have a limit on how long you can stay, and in general, they are quite strict on parking across campus. Best to read over the official rules first before he comes over (http://www.uea.ac.uk/estates/transport/Visitorparking).
Hiya, I'm not really a computer-smart person so if someone could please help me with this, I'd be very grateful. Since I'm moving to UEA halls, I thought I'd better post this here for more specific advice. :smile:

I would like to set up my Xbox in the UEA halls (Nelson Court) this September. I've heard that I might need to register the MAC address with the IT desk to connect and that's fine, but setting it up sounds confusing to me.

I have one Ethernet port in the room, and I think it's wired connection only, not wireless. I've heard that you can't just plug your Xbox into the Ethernet port (or can you, after it's been registered?) in which case I would need to run it through my laptop. If it's wired internet to the room only, I would need to connect my laptop through the Ethernet port in the room, taking up my only Ethernet port on my laptop. So what cable do I use to then connect the laptop to the Xbox? I hope this is making some sort of sense! Is there a specific lead I'd need, since the Ethernet port would already be in use?

Also, would it be that simple to email the Xbox's MAC address to IT, then plug the Xbox to the laptop and the laptop to the internet port? Or would I need to do something else to then get it working?

As I said, I'm not really that great with computer talk and so on, so if anyone could make this as simple as possible, I'd be so grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 744
Original post by makingamemory
[your name] [your schools abbreviation e.g. ENV/BIO etc.]
Britten House
Norwich
NR4 7TJ

there's no need to put your flat or room number.

Where would my post go exactly, like within Britten House? Cos I'm thinking of ordering a load of clothes just to get there for the day after I arrive x
Original post by s_100
Where would my post go exactly, like within Britten House? Cos I'm thinking of ordering a load of clothes just to get there for the day after I arrive x

Any mail sent to any accommodation on campus/the village will go to the post room, (under the ARTs building opposite the Chaplaincy). Just make sure you have your campus card. Plus as it's a package you'll get an email from the postroom telling you to pick it up once they've received it.
Original post by s_100

No, it will go to the post room, but they sort it by halls there. Its underneath the arts block and is open Mon-Fri working hours with a break for lunch
Reply 747
Any mail sent to any accommodation on campus/the village will go to the post room, (under the ARTs building opposite the Chaplaincy). Just make sure you have your campus card. Plus as it's a package you'll get an email from the postroom telling you to pick it up once they've received it.

Ah ok, thank you! :smile: So would I be able to order them from next week? My freshers doesn't start till the 22nd, but I think term starts on Saturday? So would that be allowed? I just find it easier - I need to buy a load of outfits for freshers but I have a lot of clothes and stuff to take already and don't have loads of space to take it all, so I figured it would be easier to just have it there for when I arrive. Would that be ok do you think? x
Reply 748
Okay so I've filled out and e-mailed my module enrolment form to the uni, but I haven't got a confirmation they've received it.
Getting a little nervous now as I'm not sure I filled it out correctly, and the deadline for LCS students to send their forms is tomorrow :frown:
I sent it ten days ago, and then sent another e-mail to the Admissions office to see if they could check that the ones that needed the form have got it.
No answer from any of them, and my timetable hasn't been updated yet.

Should I be worried?
Original post by Ida.H
Okay so I've filled out and e-mailed my module enrolment form to the uni, but I haven't got a confirmation they've received it.
Getting a little nervous now as I'm not sure I filled it out correctly, and the deadline for LCS students to send their forms is tomorrow :frown:
I sent it ten days ago, and then sent another e-mail to the Admissions office to see if they could check that the ones that needed the form have got it.
No answer from any of them, and my timetable hasn't been updated yet.

Should I be worried?

Last year we had to send ours in the post but I never got a confirmation and my choices got processed fine.
Original post by s_100
Ah ok, thank you! :smile: So would I be able to order them from next week? My freshers doesn't start till the 22nd, but I think term starts on Saturday? So would that be allowed? I just find it easier - I need to buy a load of outfits for freshers but I have a lot of clothes and stuff to take already and don't have loads of space to take it all, so I figured it would be easier to just have it there for when I arrive. Would that be ok do you think? x

Term starts on Monday (24th). You should be fine ordering things, you just won't be able to pick them up until Monday as the postroom is closed on a weekend. To be on the safe side I'd order them near the end of next week so they don't arrive any earlier than the 19/20th (international arrival date) because I don't know if the postroom is open before students have arrived.
Anyone have any idea about setting up an Xbox as above? :/
Reply 752
Term starts on Monday (24th). You should be fine ordering things, you just won't be able to pick them up until Monday as the postroom is closed on a weekend. To be on the safe side I'd order them near the end of next week so they don't arrive any earlier than the 19/20th (international arrival date) because I don't know if the postroom is open before students have arrived.

Oh really? No idea why I thought it was this Saturday! Oh ok, well I was planning on doing nominated day delivery and get it to come on the day I arrive (22nd), should I still do that and just pick it up on Monday? Or just order to arrive on Monday? And when will I get my campus card? x
Reply 753
Original post by jelly1000
No, it will go to the post room, but they sort it by halls there. Its underneath the arts block and is open Mon-Fri working hours with a break for lunch

Ah ok, thank you! :smile: x
Reply 754
Original post by jelly1000
Last year we had to send ours in the post but I never got a confirmation and my choices got processed fine.

Oh okay! I just checked the Portal, and it said on there to turn it in by e-mail, so I guess they've probably received it and just not answered.
I guess I'll just wait and see if my timetable updates soon
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Ida.H
Oh okay! I just checked the Portal, and it said on there to turn it in by e-mail, so I guess they've probably received it and just not answered.
I guess I'll just wait and see if my timetable updates soon
Thank you! :smile:

yeah they changed the submission this year but i just wanted to point out i never got an acknowledgement last year
Original post by s_100
Oh really? No idea why I thought it was this Saturday! Oh ok, well I was planning on doing nominated day delivery and get it to come on the day I arrive (22nd), should I still do that and just pick it up on Monday? Or just order to arrive on Monday? And when will I get my campus card? x

Guess it's cause that's when you get there :tongue: Honestly I don't know, probably Monday to be on the safe side. You should get your campus card when you pick up your key/sign your contract on Saturday. Unless you were late uploading your photo onto eVision, then you have to go to the library to pick it up.
Reply 757
Guess it's cause that's when you get there :tongue: Honestly I don't know, probably Monday to be on the safe side. You should get your campus card when you pick up your key/sign your contract on Saturday. Unless you were late uploading your photo onto eVision, then you have to go to the library to pick it up.

Haha no, I thought that everyone apart from freshers started this Saturday (the 15th), no idea why! Ok, will do! Ah that's good then! No, I wasn't, so should get it straight away, that's good :smile: Thanks so much for your help! x
How do I find out what my uea email account is?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi guys i need help again:colondollar: , how do i find out if i have to select modules before my course starts?

If it helps my course is accounting and finance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending