The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5220
Notts for me :smile:
Warwick :smile:
Got into Coventry through clearing. Not really what i'd been expecting but its better than nothing. Gutted I can't go to Lancaster though. I loved that place! :frown:
Reply 5223
Original post by BeccaCath94
Got into Coventry through clearing. Not really what i'd been expecting but its better than nothing. Gutted I can't go to Lancaster though. I loved that place! :frown:

I really hope you feel a lot better than that by the time you start; I'd recommend a visit there. Coventry (the city itself) is what you'd call an acquired taste.
Original post by CHayes
I really hope you feel a lot better than that by the time you start; I'd recommend a visit there. Coventry (the city itself) is what you'd call an acquired taste.

Yes I feel fine about it. My original post is a bit negative though!!!
Remember to update your line on the Mathematics Stalking page! Be great to see where everyone is off to =)
Original post by In One Ear
Unconditional from Warwick, here I come!!

I'll see you there then :biggrin:
I'm off to Bristol. Bye Imperial.
Reply 5228
Original post by Edwin Okli
I'm off to Bristol. Bye Imperial.

Did you miss out on step? and bristol is still an amazing uni for maths :smile:
Original post by skibur
Did you miss out on step? and bristol is still an amazing uni for maths :smile:

Yep. And there was no changing their mind. Certainly when I called them I was just informed that they had already decided which people who had missed their offers to accept. *sigh* Being an insurance student doesn't help me look forward to Bristol.
Reply 5230
Yep. And there was no changing their mind. Certainly when I called them I was just informed that they had already decided which people who had missed their offers to accept. *sigh* Being an insurance student doesn't help me look forward to Bristol.

shame considering your how fantastic your A level grades were :frown:
Original post by mathsymathsy
HEllO, For Maths, which uni is better? Bristol or Bath? thank you! How do I compare them? cheers!

Both are very good and there departments are pretty much on par.

I'd choose which university you prefer based on where you'd like to live and what modules they offer, there is little to no difference in prestige from both of there departments.

Although Bristol has got the slightly stronger research department it'll make very little difference unless you plan to do a Phd at Bristol.

Put it this way at least you get enjoy a more even boy to girl ratio :tongue:

If you want to know anything about Bristol's first year Maths course feel free to pm me. I Studied first year Maths and Physics last year and one of my close friends did pure Maths so I should be able to supply some help :smile:
Woo going to Bath :smile::biggrin:
Did anyone get an offer and they were on their gap year?
i missed out on bath by one ums in chemistry got rejected so im going lancaster now
Original post by ccfcadam36
i missed out on bath by one ums in chemistry got rejected so im going lancaster now

unlucky mate
Reply 5237
Any of you guys put UMS scores on the UCAS form?
I did not.
Reply 5239
Original post by Intriguing Alias
I did not.

I don't know whether to do so or not :facepalm:

Latest