The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -bethan-
Yes! :wink: It's so obvious! :tongue:
I would've loved do English, but it clashed in the option blocks and it was a choice between that and Physics :sad:
Ah it won't you'll be fine! Isn't it fantastic to see a timetable full of subjects that you've chosen and you love? It's so refreshing! :biggrin:

It is yes and so is bio,chem,maths and psychology!
Aww that sucks! :sad: But physics is another great subject! :biggrin:
I hope so! It's the start so it will be hard but hopefully I'll pull though :smile: Yes it actually is! That's the great thing about sixth from lool!

Original post by lbsf1
I soooooo hope that this is just a temporary thing to scare us all into working hard because I have only had about 30mins of time when awake and not working in the past 2 days.

And our "form" tutor says that this is meant to be the second most enjoyable years of our life (after uni).

I hope so too! It's crazyy :s-smilie:

Original post by lilGem
Go for it! I wasn't the greatest fan of learning the heart but once you get a grasp it falls into place- the cardiac cycle :love:

That's great! :smile: I'm actually stuck on a question so is it fine if I PM you? :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Anyone else hate the new TSR layout...I think I'll be spending less time one here now!!!

Really loving sixth form and all my subjects, not happy to hear that I am doing NO january modules...its ALL in may/june - Arghhhh
How is everyone else getting along hmmm??

anyway...off to do some biology notes and maths practice :smile:

I hate it too.

I'll quote you and loads of others.
Original post by g.k.galloway
Anyone else hate the new TSR layout...I think I'll be spending less time one here now!!!

Really loving sixth form and all my subjects, not happy to hear that I am doing NO january modules...its ALL in may/june - Arghhhh
How is everyone else getting along hmmm??

anyway...off to do some biology notes and maths practice :smile:

Yeah I hate it too :s-smilie:

Sixth form is great! My subjects, making new friends, new atmosphere, it's very refreshing :smile: And they said to me that they'll see if they would allow us to do any january modules for Biology but I'm definitely doing a module in january for rs so that's one exam of my shoulder :rolleyes: how are you finding your subjects? :smile: Esp. biology if you don't mind me asking? My first lesson was a nightmare but I've got used to it now :wink:
Original post by justanotherindigo
It is yes and so is bio,chem,maths and psychology!
Aww that sucks! :sad: But physics is another great subject! :biggrin:
I hope so! It's the start so it will be hard but hopefully I'll pull though :smile: Yes it actually is! That's the great thing about sixth from lool!

I hope so too! It's crazyy :s-smilie:

That's great! :smile: I'm actually stuck on a question so is it fine if I PM you? :smile:

Indeed it is! :tongue:
It is, it's fantastic, starting to love it! Yes, you'll be fine after a bit! :biggrin: I know, I love it, loved maths today, oh my goodness :tongue:
How do you create a new thread on this layout?

I just created one on the old layout & forgot.... help?

Step by step on home page what buttons etc.

sorry if I'm a newb :sad:
I am a bit worried about Philosophy and Ethics. I love the subject so far but am worried about the amount you are supposed to write in the exams. They expect you to write 4 pages in 30mins and then 2 pages in 15mins straight after the 30mins. So I am not sure what to do! I really do like the subject though.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Yep! In awe :wink: urmmm.... Maths is fine I guess :biggrin: after doing C4... Everything that precedes it is so much easier :biggrin: good luck :wink:

punny, aren't you? :wink:

yeah, plus it also helps that the style of teaching in college suits me a lot more than secondary school... in secondary school, teachers seemed to teach in such a way that would allow for slower students to understand better. However, for the further maths group, we're all pretty good mathematicians (secondary school maths here is at least on par with AS-Level maths, no one in my group got below an A for that). which allows for the teacher not to act like he/she is teaching a bunch of total morons! :biggrin:

:smile: thanks
Reply 3207
Original post by justanotherindigo

Go for it :h:
Reply 3208
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How do you create a new thread on this layout?

I just created one on the old layout & forgot.... help?

Step by step on home page what buttons etc.

sorry if I'm a newb :sad:

Go to the forum that you want to post a new thread in (e.g. GCSE forum).

Then on the left of the page numbers, it says "Post New Thread" and then you can create a new thread. :tongue:

pic.PNG

(Click the picture to enlarge. :smile: )
Original post by justinawe
punny, aren't you? :wink:

yeah, plus it also helps that the style of teaching in college suits me a lot more than secondary school... in secondary school, teachers seemed to teach in such a way that would allow for slower students to understand better. However, for the further maths group, we're all pretty good mathematicians (secondary school maths here is at least on par with AS-Level maths, no one in my group got below an A for that). which allows for the teacher not to act like he/she is teaching a bunch of total morons! :biggrin:

:smile: thanks

Why yes I am, berry funny indeed :wink:

:rofl:

Aww, I'm jealous :frown: our school caters for the less able in school time but would happily help.out of hours...

Np!
Am I the only one who is finding maths tough already?? :/
Original post by The.Joker

I'm not, but I'm finding biology hard
Original post by reubenkinara
I'm not, but I'm finding biology hard

Total opposite for me! Im finding biology rather easy so far.

What are you struggling with?
Original post by Tullia

Can you recommend any further maths resources? :biggrin: I think I've made good progress, thanks to you! :woo:
Original post by Tullia

fractional indices :colondollar:
it takes me a long time to fully understand methods and how to solve problems and in AS maths everyone works at a super fast pace whilst im left struggling with the basics. :frown:

Can anyone recommend websites and books for edexcel??
fractional indices :colondollar:
it takes me a long time to fully understand methods and how to solve problems and in AS maths everyone works at a super fast pace whilst im left struggling with the basics. :frown:

Can anyone recommend websites and books for edexcel??

www.examsolutions.co.uk

Brilliant!! Also fractional indices... Just remember the general rules:

a^(1/2) = Square Root of a
a^(1/3) = Cubed Root of a
a^(2/3) = (Cubed Root of a)^2

So it's the denominators root of the base... Eg 1/4 means the fourth root from four... All to the power of the numerator, which would be 1..

25^(3/2) = (Root25)^3

= 125

64^(2/3) = (CubeRoot64)^2

= 16
Original post by shadab786ahmed
www.examsolutions.co.uk

Brilliant!! Also fractional indices... Just remember the general rules:

a^(1/2) = Square Root of a
a^(1/3) = Cubed Root of a
a^(2/3) = (Cubed Root of a)^2

So it's the denominators root of the base... Eg 1/4 means the fourth root from four... All to the power of the numerator, which would be 1..

25^(3/2) = (Root25)^3

= 125

64^(2/3) = (CubeRoot64)^2

= 16

Thanks for the website-looks good! :biggrin:

I know this will sound dumb, but what do you mean by '^' this sign? :colondollar:

I know this will sound dumb, but what do you mean by '^' this sign? :colondollar:

Np!

Ahah, no worries :tongue: it means to the power of :smile:

5^2 = 25 (5 squared)

That is an excellent website. The "^" sign means raised to that power. For example, x^2 means 'x squared' and x^3 means 'x cubed' and so on.

You'll get used to working with fractional indices. Don't get disheartened and just keep at it and it'll all come together. Don't focus too much on what other people are doing - we all have our own pace.

Latest