The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Adore Biology and History! Woo :tongue:
Original post by Tullia
That is an excellent website. The "^" sign means raised to that power. For example, x^2 means 'x squared' and x^3 means 'x cubed' and so on.

You'll get used to working with fractional indices. Don't get disheartened and just keep at it and it'll all come together. Don't focus too much on what other people are doing - we all have our own pace.

You still have pm disabled so I can't pm you?? :frown:
Original post by Blueray2

:yep:

PM me :wink:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Np!

Ahah, no worries :tongue: it means to the power of :smile:

5^2 = 25 (5 squared)

Thanks I understand now! Your previous post makes much more sense now; enjoy some +rep :wink:

Original post by Tullia
That is an excellent website. The "^" sign means raised to that power. For example, x^2 means 'x squared' and x^3 means 'x cubed' and so on.

You'll get used to working with fractional indices. Don't get disheartened and just keep at it and it'll all come together. Don't focus too much on what other people are doing - we all have our own pace.

Yep, I'm gonna do some practise Q's on fractional indices tonight, so hopefully I'll get the hang of it.
Its just frustrating for me to be lagging behind in class when other people seem to effortlessly understand.
But I will be working hard at home so hopefully soon it'll all 'click' and I'll be able to keep up the pace in class.
Original post by Blueray2

Sorry, I'll add you to my contacts now so you can PM me if you like. I'm not actually on as often as I was due to college, but I'll get back to any PMs as promptly as I can.
Original post by The.Joker
Thanks I understand now! Your previous post makes much more sense now; enjoy some +rep :wink:

Yep, I'm gonna do some practise Q's on fractional indices tonight, so hopefully I'll get the hang of it.
Its just frustrating for me to be lagging behind in class when other people seem to effortlessly understand.
But I will be working hard at home so hopefully soon it'll all 'click' and I'll be able to keep up the pace in class.

Aah, good! :biggrin:

Thanks, anymore questions, feel free to PM me :wink:
Aah, good! :biggrin:

Thanks, anymore questions, feel free to PM me :wink:

I guess I have to take up your offer since you offered so nicely Mr Maths Genius! :biggrin:
I hope your inbox is empty because I'll probably take up all the space with asking for help!!
Reply 3227
My biology teacher is really starting to annoy me. He goes off on a tangent and we haven't learned a thing all week - third lesson and he's only gone through two pages of our homework! Everyone in the class is getting annoyed.
Plus, it's so upsetting seeing everyone in their friendship groups when mine are at sixth form while I'm at college. :frown:
I guess I have to take up your offer since you offered so nicely Mr Maths Genius! :biggrin:
I hope your inbox is empty because I'll probably take up all the space with asking for help!!

I'm not a maths genius :colondollar: I'm in year eleven :biggrin: but I can help with AS and attempt A2 :biggrin: :redface:

It will be :wink:
I'm not a maths genius :colondollar: I'm in year eleven :biggrin: but I can help with AS and attempt A2 :biggrin: :redface:

It will be :wink:

You totally are a maths genius! :P
I know you're in year 11- good luck with gcse's btw! :smile:
Are you going to take AS maths this year?
You totally are a maths genius! :P
I know you're in year 11- good luck with gcse's btw! :smile:
Are you going to take AS maths this year?

I'm not :wink: but I hope to be considered a revolutionary mind one day xD

Thanks! :biggrin:

If all goes perfectly well, I'll do my A2... :smile: but yeah, we'll see :biggrin:
Original post by Cubic
£50 for the two books I needed. :s-smilie:

Original post by Choppie
It's just over £100 for the maths books I need (C1, C2, S1), and a graphical calculator :eek::s-smilie:

£50 for two?! Oh dear.

And yeah, I need C2 as well soon but for now I only need C1, S1, Phys 1, Bio 1 and Chem 1. Will be getting the 2's soon...
I'm not :wink: but I hope to be considered a revolutionary mind one day xD

Thanks! :biggrin:

If all goes perfectly well, I'll do my A2... :smile: but yeah, we'll see :biggrin:

Haha, I'm sure some people consider you as a revolutionary mind on tsr! :wink:

You done AS already?!!?!?!!?!?!?!??! :O
Good luck with A2- sounds like you'll be fine :smile:

:rofl: I wish!!

No!!! :eek: sitting it all this year :colondollar:
:rofl: I wish!!

No!!! :eek: sitting it all this year :colondollar:

You're sitting the ENTIRE Alevel in ONE year!?!? :eek:

Urmmm... :yep:

January: C1 C2 M1 S1
June: C3 C4

:colondollar:

It's quite common. Most colleges have A-level Maths completed during AS, and then A-level Further Maths completed during A2. For Further Maths students, that is.
Am I the only one who is finding AS Chemistry boring? I'm considering dropping it for Economics.

Just came on here to asure everyone that Shadab shall never be considered a "revolutionary mind" :awesome:

:ninja:
Original post by Tullia
It's quite common. Most colleges have A-level Maths completed during AS, and then A-level Further Maths completed during A2. For Further Maths students, that is.

He's on about me :biggrin: :woo: :tongue:

Latest