The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well Iphone 5 was a let down. Nothing new that Android hadn't done 6 months ago.
Original post by + polarity -
Have any of yous with 1 GB of RAM ever had apps close because you'd run out of it?

I've tried quite hard to achieve this. I opened up psx n64oid gboid temple runner super monkey ball and a lot more stuff. It didn't get slow :mad:, it just shelved the apps.
Although you do have to give some credit to the camera
Seriously, the iPhone 5 has nothing the samsung S3 doesn't. But it is typical apple.

Present day: YOU DON'T NEED THIS FEATURE!

6 months later: LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS FEATURE IS ESSENTIAL TO YOUR LIFE!
lol ^

Original post by n0c0ntr0l
I've tried quite hard to achieve this. I opened up psx n64oid gboid temple runner super monkey ball and a lot more stuff. It didn't get slow :mad:, it just shelved the apps.

Hooray for Android :yay:

I was just wondering if a gig would be enough 2 years from now, or if my phone in 2 years would be like my Hero is now (cack)

I was surprised to find that Sense used 180MB, that's disgusting!
Reply 8085
Two questions from an absolute noob.

Firstly, could anyone point me to the most stable jelly bean Rom for the One S?

Secondly, if I put a custom Rom on my phone, would it be possible to retain certain features? For example I quite like the HTC dialler; could I keep that even if I installed Cyanogenmod for example?

This was posted from my Underground Lair.
Original post by S'Class
Two questions from an absolute noob.

Firstly, could anyone point me to the most stable jelly bean Rom for the One S?

Secondly, if I put a custom Rom on my phone, would it be possible to retain certain features? For example I quite like the HTC dialler; could I keep that even if I installed Cyanogenmod for example?

This was posted from my Underground Lair.

As you can see, most JB ROMs at the moment are for the S4experimental, but I can't comment on stability. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1789812

I think you would need a Sense-based ROM like ViperOneS or Trickdroid to keep the HTC Dialler, as it would be part of the Sense framework.
(edited 11 years ago)
Am I missing something? What's the difference between the new iPad and the Nexus 7 that makes the iPad so much more expensive? Better screen on the iPad? Ok. Cameras? Hmmm, ok. And some wireless connectivity? But the CPU seems superior on the Nexus 7.

I was considering getting a tablet so was just wondering. Not bothered about cameras. Screen and wireless connectivity would be nice but unnecessary for my uses. Just seems that the £200 price difference is completely over the top for what you're getting, especially as it appears you're also losing out with regards to the CPU.
Original post by alexs2602
Am I missing something? What's the difference between the new iPad and the Nexus 7 that makes the iPad so much more expensive? Better screen on the iPad? Ok. Cameras? Hmmm, ok. And some wireless connectivity? But the CPU seems superior on the Nexus 7.

I was considering getting a tablet so was just wondering. Not bothered about cameras. Screen and wireless connectivity would be nice but unnecessary for my uses. Just seems that the £200 price difference is completely over the top for what you're getting, especially as it appears you're also losing out with regards to the CPU.

Profit margin.

Google are doing the N7 at next to cost prices to get big sales. It's working too.
Original post by mikeyd85
Profit margin.

Google are doing the N7 at next to cost prices to get big sales. It's working too.

Hmmm, ok, makes sense. Good move, wonder how long they can keep it up. My only foible(if that's the right word) is the sound quality, I'd be using it as an mp3/multimedia device and I can't seem to find much info on that.
Listening to Spotify and full volume is too loud yet watching the dark Knight, I can hardly hear it. Anyway I can boost the volume?

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931

Jellybean is now available for Galaxy S3 owners. The samsung official version!
Original post by n0c0ntr0l
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931

Jellybean is now available for Galaxy S3 owners. The samsung official version!

The final version?
Original post by wizard710
Listening to Spotify and full volume is too loud yet watching the dark Knight, I can hardly hear it. Anyway I can boost the volume?

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:

Might be a bit late now, but MX Player lets you boost sound massively.
I decided to tell my parents and sister not to bother with a SII/One X. I said I'd wait until next Summer. Anyone want to hazard a guess at the specs of the next flagship summer devices for HTC, Samsung etc...? :ahee: I can't wait for a new phone already :sogood:
Original post by mikeyd85
Might be a bit late now, but MX Player lets you boost sound massively.

I was using MX Player on both my phone and tablet :smile:
Original post by wizard710
I was using MX Player on both my phone and tablet :smile:

Oh... then I am surprised!
What Running apps work with what Media Players apps?

I used Endomondo last week and was impressed the problem was it linked to PlayerPro and not PowerAmp(which I prefer).
Are there better running Apps than Endomondo and if so what are they and what Media Players do they run alongside?

Pop Up and Play - I have used this feature on the video player but what Music players have this option?
I've got the S3. What are the most highly reccomended apps and games. Pereferably not the obvious ones...
Original post by Lana Del Rey
I've got the S3. What are the most highly reccomended apps and games. Pereferably not the obvious ones...

A ps3 controller and an n64 emulator/ psx emulator / gba emulator / snes emulator

Trust me, that's all the games you'll need!

Latest

Trending

Trending