The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Always_Happy
How do I find out what my uea email account is?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

you dont need it to log in, you just use your username and password
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by jelly1000
you dont need it to log in, you just use your username and password

Thank you, but how would I go about checking my emails?

Reply 762
Help! My timetable has vanished off the Portal - after I tried to personalize it. I know I saw it before but I just can't find it again. Which tab should it be under?
Thank you, but how would I go about checking my emails?

if you log into the portal there is an email tab, here is the quick link:
http://webmail.uea.ac.uk

you want the office outlook option
Original post by Bronzeage
Help! My timetable has vanished off the Portal - after I tried to personalize it. I know I saw it before but I just can't find it again. Which tab should it be under?

go to academic and then student view (an option on the academic page)
Okayyyy! NORFOLK TERRACE...

So the wardrobe.... how much space is there? Is it like the width of the door? Or does is it go a little wider? :smile:

Also, this probably sounds really stupid considering the launderette probably has tumble dryers, but how would you go about drying clothes in your rooms if the radiators are under the desks? Not a big fan of tumble dryers thats all.... but can make do :')
Original post by brooksclaire
Okayyyy! NORFOLK TERRACE...

So the wardrobe.... how much space is there? Is it like the width of the door? Or does is it go a little wider? :smile:

Also, this probably sounds really stupid considering the launderette probably has tumble dryers, but how would you go about drying clothes in your rooms if the radiators are under the desks? Not a big fan of tumble dryers thats all.... but can make do :')

buy a clothes horse, they are pretty cheap
Reply 767
Hi. Does anyone know how to get Internet in the rooms. I plugged the grey wire (already in my room) into my laptop but it doesn't work. Is the Internet working yet or not?
Will UEA take a while to give us Internet access?

Would really appreciate any help as I can't check my email. :smile:
Original post by nazza_17
Hi. Does anyone know how to get Internet in the rooms. I plugged the grey wire (already in my room) into my laptop but it doesn't work. Is the Internet working yet or not?

if i remember right from last year you have to go through a programme first, there should be an icon to click on. and it should work straight away.
Original post by nazza_17

Make sure you're connected to UEA (can't remember the name, think it might have just been UEA) first in your control panel, like how you'd connect to wifi/ethernet usually. Then when you first open up a browser the window will redirect to the network page with instructions on how to register your computer to the UEA server. Oh and make sure you have updated your anti-virus software as that was one of the prerequisites, and iirc once you've registered it tells you to not open/use a browser for 10mins or something whilst it's being set up.
Original post by s_100
Haha no, I thought that everyone apart from freshers started this Saturday (the 15th), no idea why! Ok, will do! Ah that's good then! No, I wasn't, so should get it straight away, that's good :smile: Thanks so much for your help! x

Hope not cause we have no internet in our house yet haha. no problem :smile:
Reply 771
if i remember right from last year you have to go through a programme first, there should be an icon to click on. and it should work straight away.

Original post by makingamemory
Make sure you're connected to UEA (can't remember the name, think it might have just been UEA) first in your control panel, like how you'd connect to wifi/ethernet usually. Then when you first open up a browser the window will redirect to the network page with instructions on how to register your computer to the UEA server. Oh and make sure you have updated your anti-virus software as that was one of the prerequisites, and iirc once you've registered it tells you to not open/use a browser for 10mins or something whilst it's being set up.

Thanks guys. TSR isn't letting me rep both of you. It works. Finally I can check emails. :smile: :wink:
Reply 772
Another quick question.

How do we view our timetable on blackboard?

I can only see the induction week one and when I click on the tab which says campus based timetable (under one of my modules) it puts me through to the advanced registration page.

Slightly confused about this. I've filled in everything for my advanced registration and I can fully use the UEA email and blackboard ( minus the timetable issue)
If you insure UEA, what do you get given for accommodation?
if you log into the portal there is an email tab, here is the quick link:
http://webmail.uea.ac.uk

you want the office outlook option

I know this is a really silly question but how do I find out what my email address actually is. I've forgotten the format :/

I know this is a really silly question but how do I find out what my email address actually is. I've forgotten the format :/

thats irrelevant, you use your username to log in

I think its your [email protected].
Reply 777
I might be getting ahead of myself (UCAS are processing my application at the moment) but how long did they take to respond with applications? :smile:
thats irrelevant, you use your username to log in

I think I must have done something really wrong because the page is asking for my email address and password which I don't remember setting up

Original post by michael12
I think its your [email protected].

Thank you, my username is just a bunch of random numbers and letters. I'm hoping it still works

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending