The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Welcome back :biggrin: :headbang: :party2: You have been missed a lot :cry2:

How's life? :smile:

Oh, and I still can't do the maths problem you sent me :mad: Have you cracked it yet?

The code? I still haven't sat down to look at it... But over glimpses my efforts have been futile :tongue:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Hi :wavey: How's sixth form/college? :biggrin:

Welcome back :biggrin: :headbang: :party2: You have been missed a lot :cry2:

How's life? :smile:

Oh, and I still can't do the maths problem you sent me :mad: Have you cracked it yet?

Hey guys. College is going fine. Was **** at first, but I'm really enjoying it now. Travelling takes it out of me. 4.5 hrs a day really tires you out.

As for the maths problem. It has been cracked.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Hey guys. College is going fine. Was **** at first, but I'm really enjoying it now. Travelling takes it out of me. 4.5 hrs a day really tires you out.

Awesome!! :biggrin:

:eek: don't tell me the solution! :tongue: but the first word will be sufficient :wink: or how to use the key word...
Awesome!! :biggrin:

:eek: don't tell me the solution! :tongue: but the first word will be sufficient :wink: or how to use the key word...

Hmh. The message isn't French.
Original post by kishihime
I'm worried about Maths because it's currently going so smooth, there must be a catch! :tongue: Also doing C1 and S1 at the moment, on Edexcel. Biology, we just dissected a heart, it's really fun. We're currently doing the cardiac cycle. Finally properly learning Chemistry properly, it is a tad confusing but it's awesome. Been getting homework every lesson though.

My worst would probably be Physics since the whole lesson is just confusing and everyone is confused. I'm going to talk to the teacher tomorrow since no one wants to tell him that we don't get what's happening.

Haha, I'm on Edexcel Maths as well and totally agree with you! C1 has been surds and quadratics so far - all really easy. S1 has also been easy - we've done interpolation and coding now and it's all fine.

Everyone I know hates Physics at the moment, though! Even really clever people are finding it difficult (but also there's a new teacher who everyone hates).
Hmh. The message isn't French.

:eek: that makes a lot more sense xD French message... Hmmm...
Okay. Need some biological help. I'm gonna need to start writing my IR (issue report) for my biology coursework :eek: I know, so soon, and I don't have a sufficient topic to choose from :frown: does anybody know any interesting yet controversial topics that I could probably base my IR on? I'm not talking basic topics like MMR vaccines you'd cover in GCSE, something that I'd have something to write about so I can aim for the higher marks.
Any help = appreciation and a rep

Spoiler

Feel free to pm me a topic if you don't feel comfortable suggesting it through this thread.
If it helps, I'm doing the edexcel salters-nullified course.
Reply 3387

Great! :biggrin: Wow, 4.5 hours a day?!? And I thought 1 hour a day was bad...

Wow, that's great! Don't send me the answer just yet, I am going to try it for slightly longer. :tongue:
Great! :biggrin: Wow, 4.5 hours a day?!? And I thought 1 hour a day was bad...

Wow, that's great! Don't send me the answer just yet, I am going to try it for slightly longer. :tongue:

Yep... Very long bus journeys for me. 1 hour would be heaven.. I leave the house at 7am, don't get back till 6:30pm.

Ha, it's a very cheeky question. It was the last one we had to do. Me and 3 other guys are a team in the Maths Premiership at our college. We had 5 questions of similar difficulty this round, and had to hand as many completed questions in as possible by 21st Sep. We answered all 5 which is good. I have a feeling we'll win. We have a VERY strong team indeed.
Think of an 11 Letter word who's first three letters are the same as the last three xD
Think of an 11 Letter word who's first three letters are the same as the last three xD

Entertainment.
Original post by Tullia
Entertainment.

13 letters :frown: good guess though:biggrin:
Hi everyone! After a month of not going on TSR, I have returned.
College is fine, but I do worry about extra curricular since loads of clubs I've joined haven't said anything yet :frown:.
C1 and S1 is okay. Pretty much GCSE stuff (for now).
French est assez bien, mais je trouve que c'est très facile (en ce moment)
History is really interesting but there's so much work! It took me 2 hours to do notes on the emancipation of the serfs :redface: (that was only background knowledge). But I love history so that's not a problem :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My brain can't cope with that :frown: :wink:
13 letters :frown: good guess though:biggrin:

Further Maths and can't count.

Antioxidant *checks that it is 11 eleven letters*
Oooh got one: underground :wink:
Original post by Lucy96
My brain can't cope with that :frown: :wink:

Ahah, same :tongue: :wink:

Original post by Tullia
Further Maths and can't count.

Antioxidant *checks that it is 11 eleven letters*

Is there a list of these from google? :tongue: xD I'm trying to crack a code courtesy of Charlie... :tongue:

I'll see if that'd work :biggrin:

No :frown: unless... X_LO is a word... :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just made the decision to leave my college and go back to my (horrible) old schools sixth form, gonna ring in on monday and hopefully set up a meeting in the next few days to see if I can get a place :crossedf:. Wish me luck.
Original post by Lucy96
Oooh got one: underground :wink:

I'll try! :biggrin: :yy:
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
Just made the decision to leave my college and go back to my (horrible) old schools sixth form, gonna ring in on monday and hopefully set up a meeting in the next few days to see if I can get a place :crossedf:. Wish me luck.

Best of luck! :smile:
I'll try! :biggrin: :yy:

Go for it! :wink:

Latest