The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizolove
:laugh: :tongue:

I like the Daleks. Although, I much agree, I don't find them as scary as any others like the weeping angels. :eek:
I did think the return of the daleks was good though. I feel like they should probably start evolving though, their 'speed' is just abysmal. Feel like Rory could have casually strolled through the room and still been fine in Episode 1. (':

In fairness, those Daleks were only just waking up again. For what were daleks considered too dangerous by the daleks, they were grossly underpowered, but they weren't going to be at full power straight off.
Original post by Alofleicester
In fairness, those Daleks were only just waking up again. For what were daleks considered too dangerous by the daleks, they were grossly underpowered, but they weren't going to be at full power straight off.

True. But the daleks who weren't in the asylum were quite slow too. I want to see Daleks going mega speed. (':
Link to a review (major spoiler free) for the episode tonight here
True. But the daleks who weren't in the asylum were quite slow too. I want to see Daleks going mega speed. (':

I don't think they were slower than normal, and if they were not by much.
Original post by Abbieastoria
Dalek episodes are amongst my worst, possibly because I don't find them scary at all, I can't take them seriously they just look like pimped up wheelybins. Weeping Angels are truly terrifying, as have worked well with both Tennant and Smith I would live to see them again

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Wheelie-bin monsters were done in NS1E1 with the one that 'ate' Mickey :tongue:
No episode thread then?
No episode thread then?

As seen last week, there's no actual point in separate episode threads. We have a clear 'no spoiler' policy here and the poll can be changed every week. The discussion is always the same in both threads too. :smile:
I'll probably catch this episode later; have Private International Law cases to read. :emo:
Fair enough.

Spoiler

Lesson learnt: Don't eat whilst watching Doctor Who, or you'll miss crucial parts in the episode. :frown:
Why didn't the robot man cross the town's border originally?
Also, the robot man's voice is so deep, I can't understand what he is saying. ¬_¬
Lesson learnt: Don't eat whilst watching Doctor Who, or you'll miss crucial parts in the episode. :frown:
Why didn't the robot man cross the town's border originally?
Also, the robot man's voice is so deep, I can't understand what he is saying. ¬_¬

He didn't cross it originally to avoid killing innocents - same reason he pulled out of shooting when Rory and the sheriff were running.
I can't decide about that episode. I liked the moral grayness in the middle, but then it seemed to stop being so complicated with no further consideration. I also didn't understand the idea of a war machine that announced its intentions before carrying them out - if I were a war mechanic I would feel that that added a certain degree of predictability.

On the plus side, next week's episode looks interesting :smile:
He didn't cross it originally to avoid killing innocents - same reason he pulled out of shooting when Rory and the sheriff were running.

Ah right, ok, thanks. But didn't he aim for Rory and the Sheriff?
I fell asleep halfway through that. All I remember is Kryten wandering around the Wild West with a gun for an arm. :erm:
I actually really enjoyed that episode.

With regards to next week

Spoiler

I just burst out laughing when I was watching the Next Time trailer, oh Rory.
Ah right, ok, thanks. But didn't he aim for Rory and the Sheriff?

Spoiler

Original post by Pandora.
I fell asleep halfway through that. All I remember is Kryten wandering around the Wild West with a gun for an arm. :erm:

You fell asleep watching Doctor Who? How the...?! :gasp:
I really liked that episode, I liked the moral aspect and I thought Kahler Jex was pretty interesting. I think the episode was better on the emotional side of things rather than plot, but it was still very watchable :smile:

Did anyone think the Gunslinger was a little bit Batman-esque? The final bit of dialogue from the woman had the same sort of meaning as Gordon's speech at the end of the Dark Knight.
Original post by PoGo HoPz
You fell asleep watching Doctor Who? How the...?! :gasp:
I had an early morning. :emo: Besides, I wasn't too fussed on what I saw of the episode anyway. :tongue:

Latest