The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockchickm
That actually sounds brilliant! Aha it was actually your post on Harry French a couple of months back that pushed me to pick it, you made it sounds great :P What're the freshers like in Harry French btw? :smile:

Pretty damn awesome. The common room is huge and has a pretty decent sound system, so it's like a rave when pre-drinks are on! You can literally talk to anyone without hesitation as well. Just get used to Strongbow and godawful punch. You'll probably see me during freshers' week from the Sunday (returner's move-in date) - I'm pretty distinctive looking: big hair and thick-rimmed glasses.

http://harryfrenchhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/FRESHERS201222.jpg has all the events and fancy dress info :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by thenickoftime
Pretty damn awesome. The common room is huge and has a pretty decent sound system, so it's like a rave when pre-drinks are on! You can literally talk to anyone without hesitation as well. Just get used to Strongbow and godawful punch. You'll probably see me during freshers' week from the Sunday (returner's move-in date) - I'm pretty distinctive looking: big hair and thick-rimmed glasses.

http://harryfrenchhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/FRESHERS201222.jpg has all the events and fancy dress info :smile:

Speaking from experience: Harry French punch is lethal...
Original post by Wednesday Bass

Why/how??
Original post by Village Whisper
Why/how??

Luck of the draw really. The committee usually refill it in the following order: bottle of vodka, carton of juice, bottle of archers, bottle of lemonade and so on... Most of the time you'll get some just after the vodka.
Original post by Wednesday Bass

I can second this also!

Yeah its a great common room - good memories of that place! Will also be there from Sunday 30th :smile: looking forward to it!
Original post by dudleyian
Yeah its a great common room - good memories of that place! Will also be there from Sunday 30th :smile: looking forward to it!

Awesome. Where are you hoping to be? I've put West Grove down. Really hope I'm there!
Reply 1507
Is it too late at this stage to try and move into a different hall? I'd like to try and swap to self-catered, think I'll phone up on Monday and give it a try.
Original post by Pn94
Is it too late at this stage to try and move into a different hall? I'd like to try and swap to self-catered, think I'll phone up on Monday and give it a try.

There will probably be self-catered rooms available, just don't expect much choice over which hall. At an educated guess, The Holt and possibly Telford, Butler Court, and/or Harry French will have spaces.
Reply 1509
Original post by Potally_Tissed
There will probably be self-catered rooms available, just don't expect much choice over which hall. At an educated guess, The Holt and possibly Telford, Butler Court, and/or Harry French will have spaces.

Ok, cheers for the heads up :smile:
Reply 1510
Hey All, I'm in Royce hall and paid 71pounds for 'Royce - Freshers in Halls'. Is this the 'hall subs'?

Thanks.

EDIT: It's now been clarified :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Awesome. Where are you hoping to be? I've put West Grove down. Really hope I'm there!

Hoping to be anywhere on the blocks side as I preferred it there - was on the lodges side in first year and blocks side 2nd year. Courtyard or West Grove would be awesome!

Won't find out until the day I suppose :frown:

Are you planning on joining in any of the freshers stuff when you arrive? I'm thinking Returners FND on the Friday after for sure but not sure what else I will join in with!
Are we allowed posters on the walls if we're careful not to mark them?
Are we allowed posters on the walls if we're careful not to mark them?

I can't find anything that explicitly says it's not allowed. Provided you don't mark the walls you should be fine; you won't exactly be the only person with posters up, anyway :tongue:
I can't find anything that explicitly says it's not allowed. Provided you don't mark the walls you should be fine; you won't exactly be the only person with posters up, anyway :tongue:

I'm sure I won't be :tongue: Is there a particular type of non-marking sticky stuff that works best? I have white tack somewhere, maybe that'd work.
I'm sure I won't be :tongue: Is there a particular type of non-marking sticky stuff that works best? I have white tack somewhere, maybe that'd work.

Probably that :yep:

Okay thanks, I might do some experimenting at home first :tongue:

This is good to know :3
Original post by dudleyian
Hoping to be anywhere on the blocks side as I preferred it there - was on the lodges side in first year and blocks side 2nd year. Courtyard or West Grove would be awesome!

Won't find out until the day I suppose :frown:

Are you planning on joining in any of the freshers stuff when you arrive? I'm thinking Returners FND on the Friday after for sure but not sure what else I will join in with!

I'm planning on joining in with everything! I applied to be a fresher helper but didn't get it. Didn't really make the most of last year's so embracing this year's as much as I can!
I'm planning on joining in with everything! I applied to be a fresher helper but didn't get it. Didn't really make the most of last year's so embracing this year's as much as I can!

Yeah same, barely did anything in 2nd year so hoping to make the most of it since this is my final year!

We're only a few days late; and I don't think I would go to the sing-off anyway so only missing a couple of nights. Are you going to do Nottingham and that? Won't have a Freshers t-shirt though - will have to dig my first year one out :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending