The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Bus pass for uni

Hi
I wanted to buy a Network Express West Midlands bus pass and it costs £335 for three terms and i was wondering if this is the best deal.
Also if there are better bus pass deals during freshers week?
Thankyou for your help

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
That sounds like it's in the right ballpark for a National Express West Midlands bus pass - I presume you got it from http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/travelcards/student-bus-pasees ?

I don't recall there being any special offers during freshers week in any of the freshers' fairs I went to. I guess you're living away from uni? If you're living at or within walking distance of the campus there's not much need for one! If £300-odd is too much to afford in one go, you can always buy a new bus pass each term - if you're in ABS there is rarely much apart from revision sessions and exams in the final term so you might save money that way by buying 2 term passes and just single/daysaver tickets for the final term.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by andrewkeith5
That sounds like it's in the right ballpark for a National Express West Midlands bus pass - I presume you got it from http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/travelcards/student-bus-pasees ?

I don't recall there being any special offers during freshers week in any of the freshers' fairs I went to. I guess you're living away from uni? If you're living at or within walking distance of the campus there's not much need for one! If £300-odd is too much to afford in one go, you can always buy a new bus pass each term - if you're in ABS there is rarely much apart from revision sessions and exams in the final term so you might save money that way by buying 2 term passes and just single/daysaver tickets for the final term.

Thanks for replying and yeah thats the link. It takes about an hour to walk there so thats a no no! Defo not in winter! So i will use the bus everyday which takes half an hour.
And its not really about the money. I was just wondering if there is a better deal. So i guess i will buy this one 😄

Original post by Lanter
Thanks for replying and yeah thats the link. It takes about an hour to walk there so thats a no no! Defo not in winter! So i will use the bus everyday which takes half an hour.
And its not really about the money. I was just wondering if there is a better deal. So i guess i will buy this one ������

That's quite a way! Whereabouts are you living?

As I say, if you're in the business school at least you might find it a bit cheaper to go term-by term as you tend to only have to go in for a few days in the final term, but I guess it depends on your course and how your modules go.
Reply 4
Original post by andrewkeith5
That's quite a way! Whereabouts are you living?

As I say, if you're in the business school at least you might find it a bit cheaper to go term-by term as you tend to only have to go in for a few days in the final term, but I guess it depends on your course and how your modules go.

Sandwell
And i have bought it now but i guess i could use it when travelling anyways
So thanks :smile:

Reply 5
Hey, Im planning to buy a buspass and Im in the second year in the ABS. Would it be beneficial to buy it term by term instead of for the whole year? :smile: Im living at Hamstead Campus, around Handsworth :smile:
Reply 6
Buying the full 3 terms finishes towards the end of July. Not sure about your course but my first year lectures finished in early April so you've got nearly 4 months where you're not regularly travelling to uni (not including the exam/revision period).

Student Regional Travelcard 1 term pass £134
Student Regional Travelcard 3 term pass £335

Term dates:
Autumn term: 23rd August 2012 - 31st December 2012
Spring term: 20th December 2012 - 13th April 2013
Summer term: 6th April 2013 - 24th July 2013
3 terms: 23rd August 2012 - 24th July 2013

So buying 2 terms makes more sense.

PS. I live really close to you :eek:
Original post by Ashlee789
Hey, Im planning to buy a buspass and Im in the second year in the ABS. Would it be beneficial to buy it term by term instead of for the whole year? :smile: Im living at Hamstead Campus, around Handsworth :smile:

Yes, I would buy term by term, it'll probably work out for you as you probably won't have much at all to go to in Term 3
Reply 8
Ok thanks Flat Where do you live?

Thanks andrewkeith5 too! :smile:
Original post by Ashlee789
Ok thanks Flat Where do you live?

Thanks andrewkeith5 too! :smile:

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest