The Student Room Group

What is harder OCR CHEMISTRY A OR B SALTERS?

Says in the title

Scroll to see replies

Salters
Judging by other TSR users...

OCR A = easiest Chem board
OCR B Salters = evil Chem hell
Reply 3
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Judging by other TSR users...

OCR A = easiest Chem board
OCR B Salters = evil Chem hell

Lol seriosuly ? i got told A is harder because is more content of understand whereas B is like a storyboard and you apply within storys ?
Reply 4
Original post by YLIA
Lol seriosuly ? i got told A is harder because is more content of understand whereas B is like a storyboard and you apply within storys ?

Chemistry Salters (OCR B) is much harder (well, not the content, its the A2 investigation) than OCR A. The exams are not that hard at AS, but are considerably harder at A2.

I myself am doing OCR B Chemistry at AS. Imho, its not as hard as everyone says it is.

- CoolRunner.
OCR B is far the more difficult option.
Original post by YLIA

Well that's just the opinions of others :biggrin: and also I don't quite get what you're saying. Do you mean that B is about application and A is about understanding the content?!
Disregard what anyone says.

B.
Reply 8
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Well that's just the opinions of others :biggrin: and also I don't quite get what you're saying. Do you mean that B is about application and A is about understanding the content?!
Yes
Reply 9
bump
Reply 10
Original post by CoolRunner
Chemistry Salters (OCR B) is much harder (well, not the content, its the A2 investigation) than OCR A. The exams are not that hard at AS, but are considerably harder at A2.

I myself am doing OCR B Chemistry at AS. Imho, its not as hard as everyone says it is.

- CoolRunner.

Just wait till A2 haha. The investigation is a lot of work and time consuming but you can get high marks. The A2 papers however are ridiculous. In AS they ask you about things you've seen before (mostly); in A2 there's a lot more 'synoptic' content, and they ask you questions about random things you've never seen before and you have to apply the knowledge from things you do know about. Simply learning the content isn't enough. That said with enough practice you'll be fine!
Original post by montstar
Just wait till A2 haha. The investigation is a lot of work and time consuming but you can get high marks. The A2 papers however are ridiculous. In AS they ask you about things you've seen before (mostly); in A2 there's a lot more 'synoptic' content, and they ask you questions about random things you've never seen before and you have to apply the knowledge from things you do know about. Simply learning the content isn't enough. That said with enough practice you'll be fine!

Sounds like Edexcel, except for the A2 investigation. :teehee:
Original post by montstar

Agreed +1 :biggrin:
Reply 13
lol
Reply 14
Salters is vastly harder. But I still enjoyed every minute of it. <3
Reply 15
Original post by tamimi
Salters is vastly harder. But I still enjoyed every minute of it. <3

Lol how the hell did you enjoy it ?!
Reply 16
Original post by YLIA
Lol how the hell did you enjoy it ?!

Lots of crazy practicals. Our class was v. small so the teachers weren't very conservative on H&S.
Reply 17
lol
Reply 18
lol
Reply 19
OCR B is way harder!!! :O

Quick Reply

Latest