The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway 2013 Applicants

Hello :smile:
my name is Theodore and im applying for Royal Holloway starting in September 2013
i want to study English and Classics
how about you?
wanted to get to know some people who are interested in going to :smile:

Scroll to see replies

yaaaay a thread for here :smile:

im applying for psychology

really worried i might not get in though.... predicted grades are either ABBB or BBBB :frown: the offer would be AAB :frown:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Theodoreday
Hello :smile:
my name is Theodore and im applying for Royal Holloway starting in September 2013
i want to study English and Classics
how about you?
wanted to get to know some people who are interested in going to :smile:

Isn't it crazy how time flies! Can't believe it's already time for next year's entrants to start thinking about the application process, haha. Good idea to start this thread, for sure.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to start and merge this thread with another in which I keep an up-to-date list of who's thinking of applying for what; it just makes things easier for people who are potentially applying for the same course to get in touch with one another.

Good luck with your application when the time comes!
Original post by llacerta
Isn't it crazy how time flies! Can't believe it's already time for next year's entrants to start thinking about the application process, haha. Good idea to start this thread, for sure.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to start and merge this thread with another in which I keep an up-to-date list of who's thinking of applying for what; it just makes things easier for people who are potentially applying for the same course to get in touch with one another.

Good luck with your application when the time comes!

hmm, maybe so. ive been stalking this forum for a while now waiting for 2013 to pop up.
keele has one up now, but my other possibles (royal holloway, hull, plymouth and bucks) havent as of yet

---

in other news, my application is pretty much complete. talked to this guy i know at choir today, who is some executive guy in BBC, and he said the statement amazing and good :smile: another person said "wow" and im waiting to hear back from the others...

its crazy to think that i could have finished everything by wednesday :/
Reply 4
I'm applying for psychology, clinical and cognitive neuroscience. :smile:
Hey guys, I'd be really interested to know what AS levels you all got :smile: I'm a little disappointed in mine, and dreading not getting an offer from RHUL as it's where I really have my heart set on.

Applying for Italian and management =]

My AS' were:
Critical Thinking A
English Language A
Business Studies A
Italian C

The C was a mark from a B, so it's been sent off for a remark, and I'll resit regardless. I'm just a bag of nerves! Would be great to talk to some of you :smile:
Reply 6
Hey people! Im hopefully going to Royal Holloway in 2013 after just missing the grades for this september, but im hoping after a couple of resits ill be a fresher next year! Hoping to do Geography.
Reply 7
Original post by Megan.S
Hey people! Im hopefully going to Royal Holloway in 2013 after just missing the grades for this september, but im hoping after a couple of resits ill be a fresher next year! Hoping to do Geography.

Yay a fellow geographer :smile: I'm applying for Bsc Geog to start in 2013 too loved RHUL just hope I get an offer after my AS's got A in A2 Geog :smile: then a B in eng lit and a C in chem though am resitting that and am supposed to be getting predicted a B as it was one ums off the B. told myself i wasn't going to set my heart on somewhere, then did just that :s
Reply 8
woo I too want to study classics at royal holloway!! its one of my faves!! :biggrin:
so my whole application could be at the feet of universities by the end of the week.

so so anxious that i wont get in though.

media have given a s**t explanation (excuse my french) for predicting me a B instead of an A. i mean really its completely invalid the reasons why, its as if she has looked at someone else and commented on their performance.

i dont know if english will predict an A yet. i hope so.

i could either have AABB, which is amazing, ABBB, anxious, or BBBB, extremely overly anxious.

is there even any point applying for psychology? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megfashion
so my whole application could be at the feet of universities by the end of the week.

so so anxious that i wont get in though.

media have given a s**t explanation (excuse my french) for predicting me a B instead of an A. i mean really its completely invalid the reasons why, its as if she has looked at someone else and commented on their performance.

i dont know if english will predict an A yet. i hope so.

i could either have AABB, which is amazing, ABBB, anxious, or BBBB, extremely overly anxious.

is there even any point applying for psychology? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's no need to be so anxious. I was predicted an ABCC and was still given an offer (3 days after having sent in my application to be exact), so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! :smile:
Original post by ObeyedDragoon
There's no need to be so anxious. I was predicted an ABCC and was still given an offer (3 days after having sent in my application to be exact), so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about! :smile:

Thankyou, that gives me hope :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by winningjojo
Yay a fellow geographer :smile: I'm applying for Bsc Geog to start in 2013 too loved RHUL just hope I get an offer after my AS's got A in A2 Geog :smile: then a B in eng lit and a C in chem though am resitting that and am supposed to be getting predicted a B as it was one ums off the B. told myself i wasn't going to set my heart on somewhere, then did just that :s

I did the exact same thing! I said I'd go somewhere else if I didn't make the grades for Rhul but I just couldn't do it, I'm desperate to go! I wanna do bsc geog too :smile:
Visiting RHUL tomorrow :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
Hey,
I'm Jennie and I'm applying for Psychology, I was going to the open day today but there was an oil spillage so I was stuck in traffic for over 3 hours :frown:.
Reply 15
Original post by JenniGold
Hey,
I'm Jennie and I'm applying for Psychology, I was going to the open day today but there was an oil spillage so I was stuck in traffic for over 3 hours :frown:.

Aw, sad times! Well, if you have any questions, I'm a third year Psychology student so feel free to send me a message.
Original post by JenniGold
Hey,

I believe Theres another open day 31 oct I heard

Reply 17
Applying for Psych with clinical and cognitive neuroscience :smile: I went to the open day today, 'twas super
I'll be applying for Psychology, got slightly lower AS than I was hoping (BCCC), making me much more nervous about whether I'll get an offer, especially since Royal Holloway is the only Uni I'm yet to like the sound of! I was going to go to the open day just gone but I was too slow and it got to full but will definitely be going to the next one. Trying to get my application done as quick a possible but those personal statements are damn stressful!
Original post by TheRedHeadedOne
I'll be applying for Psychology, got slightly lower AS than I was hoping (BCCC), making me much more nervous about whether I'll get an offer, especially since Royal Holloway is the only Uni I'm yet to like the sound of! I was going to go to the open day just gone but I was too slow and it got to full but will definitely be going to the next one. Trying to get my application done as quick a possible but those personal statements are damn stressful!

Next open day 31oct :smile:

Quick Reply