The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n0c0ntr0l
A ps3 controller and an n64 emulator/ psx emulator / gba emulator / snes emulator

Trust me, that's all the games you'll need!

How would i go about getting that? Is it on the play store. Do you mean a real ps3 cnotroller? (i have got one).
Original post by Lana Del Rey
How would i go about getting that? Is it on the play store. Do you mean a real ps3 controller? (i have got one).

yes. A real ps3 controller, it connects via bluetooth to your phone and then you can use it.

As for the emulators:

ePSXe
N64oid
Gameboid
Snesoid

Hunt around on the internet for .apk files to download (that way you get the full versions for free!)

to connect your ps3 controller to your phone google sixaxis controller apk and download the 0.5.7 version (again can't link directly as that is piracy :tongue: )

And then to play games you'll need to download roms. Coolroms.net usually does the job just fine.
Asphalt 6 looks really nice, like NFS Underground 2 graphically (almost :p:). I haven't tried Asphalt 7, but I think it's a bit big for a phone game...
Original post by + polarity -
Asphalt 6 looks really nice, like NFS Underground 2 graphically (almost :p:). I haven't tried Asphalt 7, but I think it's a bit big for a phone game...

They need to make nfs underground 3.

That **** would sell like hotcakes!
They need to make nfs underground 3.

That **** would sell like hotcakes!

Yes! I started Most Wanted at the beginning of the holidays, I think it's even better! I think they're remaking it actually :beard:
Do any of you use your phone as a replacement for a camera, a point-and-shoot, for example? I don't take picture very often, but I like the fact that I can take... okay ones with my phone, even with the Hero!
(edited 11 years ago)
Do any of you use your phone as a replacement for a camera, a point-and-shoot, for example? I don't take picture very often, but I like the fact that I can take... okay ones with my phone, even with the Hero!

I rarely take photos but when I do its with my S2, yes.

It's great for outdoor scenes in day time but otherwise pretty disappointing.

No. Custom ROMs using modded kernels to run unsupported android versions makes for bad, bad pictures! :lol:
Original post by mikeyd85
No. Custom ROMs using modded kernels to run unsupported android versions makes for bad, bad pictures! :lol:

cyanogenmod's camera is rather crap :mad:

You know what we need. DUALBOOT!
I've got a bit of issue with my HTC Desire C, I got it on Saturday but as I put my sim in it displayed a message 'Network Locked', would this require me to getting unlocked? If so is there any software available to do it.
Original post by G8D
Not likely. Unlocking requires some sort of code from the manufacturer/someone else with access to that list which will cost money.

Some phones, such as my ZTE Blade, have easily decipherable ones that can be got for free. I doubt this is the case for yours though as it's such a new phone and is also HTC.

You really should have looked into that before buying it wherever you did :erm:

I did look into, before it was bought it said 'Sim free unlocked HTC Desire C' on Amazon. There's a guy in area he'll unlock it for a tenner, but I'll have to do it tomorrow as he doesn't open on a Monday.

But you have to pay for this...I need one that's free.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
But you have to pay for this...I need one that's free.

I don't think that's possible right now.
I don't think that's possible right now.

Oh ok thanks anyways, I'll have a look more into it.
cyanogenmod's camera is rather crap :mad:

You know what we need. DUALBOOT!

http://lifehacker.com/5826050/how-to-dual-boot-multiple-roms-on-your-android-phone

:colone:
The last person I spoke to at CPW suggested I sell my current phone and try to find a replacement. But what kind of chump would buy this? Or sell the other?! :nopity:
Having 3 hardware buttons and then a virtual menu button is quite annoying, especially when an app uses the default bar at the bottom. :unimpressed:
Right, basically HP were fixing my touchpad and managed to destroy it, they agreed to repair the damage they did, sent it off and then got it back a week later with just a software update and them not fixing it, so it has to go back again.

Anyway, I'm stuck using my ipod and it's horrible, getting android withdrawal so time for a new phone I think.

Had a galaxy s3 but returned it as the cost was too high I decided. Been looking for a cheap handset, got the LG Prada 3 which is a great specced phone and was cheap (£150) and exactly what I wanted, phone looked nice but I couldn't stand the Prada branding, so I returned it.
Tried to get a Huawei G300 as they're £65 but there's no stock.

Think I have settled on the Sony Xperia U, looks pretty good, it's £95 sim free, dual core 1ghz, 512ram, 3.5" 854*480 screen. Two draw backs, first screens a little smaller than I'd like, but still an upgrade from my current 2.2" screen also, and here's the major one, no memory card slot and only 4GB user storage and another 2GB for apps. Bit annoying, but only decent phone I can find for the price range. I've got an ipod touch I can use for music anyway and a tablet I can use for films (and the xperia U supports USB OTG). Main things I want is to be able to sync my google calender, whatsapp and wifi hotspot. Also it has an awesome transparent bar that glows different colours for different notifications and I'm a sucker for coloured lights.

My budget is basically £100-150 for a good sim free phone (or O2 or easily unlockable) to use with my sim only contract, or maybe £25 a month for a contract, can get a GS2 contract for £24per month, but I don't like the idea of a 2 year contract at all, and the GS2 will be really old by then.

My GS3 was supposed to be with the O2 Employee friends and Family discount but the person quit before it was applied so had to scrap that plan and return it.
Original post by theronkinator
Right, basically HP were fixing my touchpad and managed to destroy it, they agreed to repair the damage they did, sent it off and then got it back a week later with just a software update and them not fixing it, so it has to go back again.

Anyway, I'm stuck using my ipod and it's horrible, getting android withdrawal so time for a new phone I think.

Had a galaxy s3 but returned it as the cost was too high I decided. Been looking for a cheap handset, got the LG Prada 3 which is a great specced phone and was cheap (£150) and exactly what I wanted, phone looked nice but I couldn't stand the Prada branding, so I returned it.
Tried to get a Huawei G300 as they're £65 but there's no stock.

Think I have settled on the Sony Xperia U, looks pretty good, it's £95 sim free, dual core 1ghz, 512ram, 3.5" 854*480 screen. Two draw backs, first screens a little smaller than I'd like, but still an upgrade from my current 2.2" screen also, and here's the major one, no memory card slot and only 4GB user storage and another 2GB for apps. Bit annoying, but only decent phone I can find for the price range. I've got an ipod touch I can use for music anyway and a tablet I can use for films (and the xperia U supports USB OTG). Main things I want is to be able to sync my google calender, whatsapp and wifi hotspot. Also it has an awesome transparent bar that glows different colours for different notifications and I'm a sucker for coloured lights.

My budget is basically £100-150 for a good sim free phone (or O2 or easily unlockable) to use with my sim only contract, or maybe £25 a month for a contract, can get a GS2 contract for £24per month, but I don't like the idea of a 2 year contract at all, and the GS2 will be really old by then.

My GS3 was supposed to be with the O2 Employee friends and Family discount but the person quit before it was applied so had to scrap that plan and return it.

I take it your sim only contract is a 30 day rolling one? If you don't mind switching to T-Mobile, you can get a GS3 for £26p/m (less with cashback) if you buy from certain sites. It'd be on a 24 month contract, but it's a powerful enough phone to take whatever Android can throw at it over the next 2 years.

Latest