The Student Room Group

How is bedford life like

hi im going to beford uni (bedford campus) this year any one here goes and can tell me what the lifestyle and nightlife is like
Reply 1
I don't live in Bedford, but I live about 20 mins away and often go to Bedford for nights out and have family that live there.
Bedford is generally a good night out, reasonably priced drinks. Plenty of bars to pre drink at and there are two main nightclubs. One called Elements and the other Sweet Candy. Elements is the more popular one and always gets busy!
Bedford during the day is okay as well, they have a town centre with quite a few well known shops and restaurants. Bus services are really good as well as train!
However be cautious of some areas at night time. I'd stay away from Midland Road/ queens park area.
Hope this helps! Feel free to ask anymore questions :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
i had heard majority bad things about bedford and is it mainly full of chavs lol
Reply 3
I don't live in Bedford, but I live about 20 mins away and often go to Bedford for nights out and have family that live there.
Bedford is generally a good night out, reasonably priced drinks. Plenty of bars to pre drink at and there are two main nightclubs. One called Elements and the other Sweet Candy. Elements is the more popular one and always gets busy!
Bedford during the day is okay as well, they have a town centre with quite a few well known shops and restaurants. Bus services are really good as well as train!
However be cautious of some areas at night time. I'd stay away from Midland Road/ queens park area.
Hope this helps! Feel free to ask anymore questions

bedford has nightclubs!?
I must check this out, used to live in bedford (now live around Milton keynes).
I think it's pretty nice as a town, but I enver really explored it much to find any nightclubs (being 6 and all). I still think the area and town is nice to be in and around though.
There's always talk of it being full of chavs (funny coming from people living in Milton keynes - we practically gave them to the world), but I found it just to be certain areas. Within 30 minutes driving (and horrible buses) there's northampton or milton keynes though? they might have good nightlife as well (nearly 18, so I have no clue).

one piece of advice: avoid the bus station car park, it has and always will stink of pee.
Reply 4
Haha, I guess you could say it was full of chavs , but aren't a lot of places? And yes even the bus station is a bit rancid, would be more beneficial if you had a car I suppose.
Milton Keynes is a much nicer place with generally more places to go/ things to do. Although drink prices aren't cheap!
Are you staying in halls or a house?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
i will be living in the halls its just one of my mate who lived there for a few months and left that place for good said that bedford is "rough" lol
Reply 6
Original post by Jack768
i will be living in the halls its just one of my mate who lived there for a few months and left that place for good said that bedford is "rough" lol

Im starting bedford uni on sunday and moving into the halls :smile: what course you doing? :h:
Reply 7

Glamorous.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
guess this why they call it "rough" l0l
Reply 9
wow, all of a sudden MK doesn't seem to bad with it's terrible buses and scary underpasses (and the occasional 16 year old dealer).
Reply 10
Well anyone thats actually lived there got an opinion on how bedford is like
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending