The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8140
Original post by Saliency
No for some reason there wasn't even an option for vibrate :/

I think I'll just stick to the app for now. Thanks :smile:

I have an S3, all I have to do is slide down the notification bar and there are icons labelled WiFi, GPS etc, press the one with sound/mute and vibrate is one of the options :s that said vibrate is the only thing on for texts etc so I'm guessing it won't be that simple for yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by .gina
I have an S3, all I have to do is slide down the notification bar and there are icons labelled WiFi, GPS etc, press the one with sound/mute and vibrate is one of the options :s that said vibrate is the only thing on for texts etc so I'm guessing it won't be that simple for yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm do you think mine is broken? I as I had it on vibrate setting all yesterday but it was still silent when I had a text message through. I'm not not really too sure anymore :/
Original post by Fat-Love
AMAZING.

Screen is excellent. It's just the right size I feel for reading so with pdfs of my lecture notes and with the kindle app your reading needs are all taken care of. This is the main reason I got it. Typing while in portrait mode is also convenient at this size. Also it's size makes it very portable and easy to take around compared to a laptop in case you need to do anything quickly while out or can't be arsed to turn on your computer. It surprisingly fits in a lot of my pockets even though mine has a case on.

not to mention this quad core beast handles nearly everything you can throw at it which is helped by the fact it is running native jelly bean. Because of Project Butter in jelly bean I have noticed no lag whatsoever and navigating the UI feels smooth and instant. The dictation recognition software is extremely fast for Google Now and actually convenient to use because of the near instant replies (not to mention it works properly in the UK and the speed makes Siri on iOS look slow).

It's also a very entertaining media device when your computer is occupied. My phone feels too small and slow and typing is frustrating on it with my large fingers so I end up getting frustrated when trying to kill time with it as opposed to the nexus 7 which I actually enjoy using.

My first tablet btw

Yeah it does seem awesome. Very reasonably priced as well. I still don't know if it's worth getting though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G8D
Let me know if you work something out.

Negative. Call forwarding settings seem to be alright:
http://i.imgur.com/znqXz.png

I'll try a new rom eventually, don't really have the time to restore everything right now.

Thanks for the help anyways.
Okay can someone help me?
I'm having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S3 i'm not used to Smartphones and I just need a few tips.

I would like to set my text message notification to vibrate only. I can't seem to figure out how to do this correctly as at the moment it's just silent when I get a new text.
Can anyone help?

Open the messaging app, press the menu button and choose 'Settings'. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll come to a section called 'Notification settings', from here press 'Select ringtone' and choose 'Silent'. If you already have vibration enabled, this should be all you need to do. If not, go into the main phone settings and choose 'Sound'. There'll be an option called 'Vibration intensity', press it and slide the 'Notification' line to the right. After you've done that, make sure the box marked 'Sound and vibration' is ticked and you'll be all set.
Original post by TheCrackInTime
Open the messaging app, press the menu button and choose 'Settings'. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll come to a section called 'Notification settings', from here press 'Select ringtone' and choose 'Silent'. If you already have vibration enabled, this should be all you need to do. If not, go into the main phone settings and choose 'Sound'. There'll be an option called 'Vibration intensity', press it and slide the 'Notification' line to the right. After you've done that, make sure the box marked 'Sound and vibration' is ticked and you'll be all set.

Thank you soo much for this I think it's sorted now.:biggrin:
Thank you soo much for this I think it's sorted now.:biggrin:

No problem, I'm glad to have helped. :smile:
Original post by Peter91
Is anyone using cm10 on HTC one x? I'm still running sense (unrooted) and was wondering how cm10 on hox was for a main phone? :smile:

It has a memory leak. I wouldn't advise it. CM9 is stable as **** though.
Original post by Karma Charger
So, my dad came home, chucked my a package and went "Surprise!". It was an S3. I was going to tell my dad not to get me a S3 and get me a Nexus 7 instead... That said, I never said explicitly I wanted a new phone.

That's a shame. I will take it off your hands to spare you the disappointment. You are welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know of a Android Music(not video) Player that has a pop-out Controls which can float above another window and be minimised?
Original post by silent ninja
That's a shame. I will take it off your hands to spare you the disappointment. You are welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :biggrin: Haha, that post did come across as very spoiled :\
Original post by Karma Charger
Does anyone have a Nexus 7? :beard: Even though I said I don't see the point in tablets, they do look very cool. What do people use them for though? If I got one, I wouldn't know what to do with it...

I have one to act as an inexpensive secondary device for when I buy my desktop. It's fantastic for web browsing and emails when I'm downstairs watching TV with my flatmates and it's (just about!) pocketable so I can take it out and about without needing to lug a bag around. I'm also starting to use it for very brief note taking at uni (I still prefer pen & paper 99% of the time) and I've found that the screen is a high enough quality one to function as an eBook reader, I've already finished two novels on it.

tldr; it's an excellent portable media consumption device.
My HTC One X shall be arriving soon :wink:
Original post by PeteNoone
My HTC One X shall be arriving soon :wink:

Nice phone dat. White looks cool (my first ever phone was a cool looking white HTC Magic before white unfortunately became common). I'm still on my wee SGS2 and kinda bored with it, but it does everything and it's fast and there's nothing really out there that will be a major upgrade so i guess I'm stuck until the next generation hits.
Original post by silent ninja
Nice phone dat. White looks cool (my first ever phone was a cool looking white HTC Magic before white unfortunately became common). I'm still on my wee SGS2 and kinda bored with it, but it does everything and it's fast and there's nothing really out there that will be a major upgrade so i guess I'm stuck until the next generation hits.

I'm in the same situation. Have a year left on my contract, quite bored with my S2 but I don't have money to spend on an unnecessary upgrade.
Getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 soon, out 2nd October, so excited :smile:
Right, I caved in and finally bought a smart phone, got the Xperia U, I'm a sucker for multicoloured LEDs, and the notification bar is awesome. It's running gingerbread though which isn't great so I'm not using it yet till it has ICS (should be end of the month), hardware wise the phone is great and a steal at £95 new from CPW sim free (dual core etc).
I've got my HTC Desire C, so far I'm liking it it's like my first smartphone I've ever owned :smile:.
Original post by Kruz
I've got my HTC Desire C, so far I'm liking it it's like my first smartphone I've ever owned :smile:.

Welcome
Original post by + polarity -
Welcome

Haha thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending