The Student Room Group

British Political Prisoners website

A BPP website has recently sprung up which shows the victims of liberal progressive totalitarianism:

http://www.british-political-prisoners.org.uk/

It catalogues the recent political prisoners in Britain.

Emma West

In November 2001 Emma West proclaimed on a Croydon Tram 'None of you are ****ing English. Get back to your own country. Sort your own countries, don't come and do mine.'It's nothing now. Britain is nothing now. Britain is **** all. My Britain is **** all.'

For this speech, the young woman denied bail, and therefore imprisoned and separated from her children after a you tube clip was posted. Mrs. West pleaded not guilty.

After a public outcry, Mrs. West was subsequently released from prison on bail. The Justice system is currently trying Mrs. West and has postponed her trial 3 times. The latest postponement in September 2012 did not provide a next Hearing date.

Jacqueline Woodhouse

In May 2012, Jacqueline Woodhouse said on an underground train "You Africans take our council flats. It's not your country anyway so what's your problem? It's been overtaken by people like you." In further remarks, on a packed train between St Paul's and Mile End stations, she told passengers: "I'll have you arrested because you don't live here" and "I hope you are not claiming benefits."

She received a 21-week prison sentence and a five-year Asbo at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

Liam Stacey

In March 2012, a 21 year old student, Mr. Liam Stacey was jailed for 56 days for “racist tweets” about a footballer who was in hospital - this has devastated Mr. Stacey’s family and his friends and potentially affected his entire life.

Philip Horn

On 31st August 2012, Mr. Philip Horn was arrested and detained in police custody for writing a “Facebook” post that was positive about the right-wing terrorist, Anders Breivik. He was subsequently released on bail pending trial.

Daniel Parker

In September 2011, Daniel Parker, 39, was jailed for 8 months for shouting "Muslim bombers off our streets" outside a Mosque.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Do me favour!

These so called political prisoners are pathetic. None of their actions have any political content and nothing they have done is either brave or changed a single thing. They just got pissed off one day and vented their spleen.

Compare them to real political prisoners who have put their lives on the line to oppose real tyranny and its like comparing a poodle to a lion.

You need to up your game if this is the best you can do or why not open a poodle parlour instead. You definitely have an affinity with curly haired pooches.
(edited 11 years ago)
hardly up there with Nelson Mandela are they lol
Reply 3
I get your point OP, and I am totally against the direction which the current progressive liberals are heading, but whilst these are decent examples I wouldn't exactly be coining them as 'political prisoners' when compared with far better examples from the past and in other parts of the world.
Original post by Maker
Do me favour!

These so called political prisoners are pathetic. None of their actions have any political content and nothing they have done is either brave or changed a single thing. They just got pissed off one day and vented their spleen.

Compare them to real political prisoners who have put their lives on the line to oppose real tyranny and its like comparing a poodle to a lion.

You need to up your game if this is the best you can do or why not open a poodle parlour instead. You definitely have an affinity with curly haired pooches.

It's more the punishment rather than what was said that in my opinion causes them to be political prisoners. They were speaking out against multiculturalism. Does it not bother you that people are jailed for that?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by between_the_lies
It's more the punishment rather than what was said that in my opinion causes them to be political prisoners. They were speaking out against multiculturalism. Does it not bother you that people are jailed for that?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

To call them political prisoners is stupid. Would you call someone who stole money a political prisoner because you can say what they did is an example of free enterprise?

By stretching a point, you have broken it.
If this was 50 years ago people would be laughing at these charges.
Reply 7
Original post by between_the_lies
progressive totalitarianism

Pick one.
Free speech is imperative... but all actions have consequences!! These examples are all racist which is illegal... so exercise your free speech but expect consequences to hate speech. But prison as punishment is ridiculous... they are non violent idiots!!
There are real political prisoners now... XR protestors etc. This system is corrupt to the core based on finance, profit, greed, false efficiencies based on sort term projections, poverty of food, water, shelter, education etc etc. Look up from your daily grind... xxx

Latest