The Student Room Group

Orang indonesia, nongkrong disini yuk!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by hhforever
yep yep, mine juga. CUma ada 30kg

Haha have you arrived here?? I've just moved into my flat where I'm the only one who don't speak Chinese and basically alone here ._. frustrateddd !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 121
Original post by nadiapops
Haha beli dsni aja . Haha you'll be fine. Ak jg packing sekitar 3 hr sebelum brgkt hehehe. Kamu skolah mana? Ambil uni atau foundation? Hehhe

oh okay :smile: eh ya, udara dsana skrg gmana? dingin banget gk? baju2 apa aja nih yg prrlu dbawa?
im a transfer student. aku bkal bljar di Uni of Hertfordshire tahun ke-2 jurusan psychology. kamu apa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well im pretty much in the same situation. Everyone in my flat have already arrived actually. But every single one of them are Chinese. They talk in Chinese which i dont even understand for a single word. So yeah basically im alone here. :frown: Haha are you doing uni or foundation course there?

I'm doing foundation for now and hopefully I can continue to study here for my undergraduate degree.
Fortunately a flat mate showed up this afternoon, I've met him twice tapi super awkward gitu meh >_>
What foundation are you taking?

EDIT: udah kenalan, he's very nice, now we're waiting for other 4 flatmates
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 123
ada yang di Uni of Manchester?? please let me know :biggrin::biggrin: .
Reply 124
Original post by xplosives13
I'm doing foundation for now and hopefully I can continue to study here for my undergraduate degree.
Fortunately a flat mate showed up this afternoon, I've met him twice tapi super awkward gitu meh >_>

logatnya susah dimergerti ga?
Reply 125
Tp akhirnya ga di check d indo ama check in counternya hahaha aku pny lebih trus dikasi2 aja begitu hahaha. Btw ud pada sampe di uk ni?

aq di dubai neh..stopover bsk uda brkt ke london :smile: eh kalian ada yg di london?
Original post by sawnet
logatnya susah dimergerti ga?

well I often make not only him but almost anyone I talk to repeat what they say by saying "I'm sorry", if its quiet and you concentrate, you should be able to hear them clearly, you'll get used to it anyway :wink:
Reply 127
Original post by sawnet
aq di dubai neh..stopover bsk uda brkt ke london :smile: eh kalian ada yg di london?

ah youre flying with Emirates arent you? haha nope im in warwick. London is great i went there last week with my mom for holiday trip before my course started :biggrin:
Reply 128

Haha how many people will you have in one flat? Haha how's the city? Is it great? So you actually want to do a degree there? Do you have to apply through UCAS this year or the foundation automatically transfer you to its undergraduate program?
Reply 129
Original post by iinsitin
oh okay :smile: eh ya, udara dsana skrg gmana? dingin banget gk? baju2 apa aja nih yg prrlu dbawa?
im a transfer student. aku bkal bljar di Uni of Hertfordshire tahun ke-2 jurusan psychology. kamu apa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is Hertfordshire? In my city, Warwick, it's around 11-17 degrees now. It's not so cold. Im doing foundation here for University of Warwick :smile:. There's no one from Indo here and i miss Indo alr. :frown:
Reply 130
Where is Hertfordshire? In my city, Warwick, it's around 11-17 degrees now. It's not so cold. Im doing foundation here for University of Warwick :smile:. There's no one from Indo here and i miss Indo alr. :frown:

The sad thing is there isnt much indo in UK, mostly went german for studies....Well there is a Manchester society of Indonesia, here in Manchester. They called it PPI-GM(Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia Greater Manchester), but so far, I've only contacted them, but have not meet any of them yet.
Haha how many people will you have in one flat? Haha how's the city? Is it great? So you actually want to do a degree there? Do you have to apply through UCAS this year or the foundation automatically transfer you to its undergraduate program?

There will be 6 of us in the flat, but right now there are only 3, everyone's probably moving in today :/
The city's great, quite small compared to Jakarta, and it's getting colder everyday probably around 8-16 deg. C.
Yes, I want to get my BS here and if I successfully completed my foundation with certain grades I'll be automatically transferred to the UG course.
Is the system the same as yours?
Reply 132
Original post by hhforever
The sad thing is there isnt much indo in UK, mostly went german for studies....Well there is a Manchester society of Indonesia, here in Manchester. They called it PPI-GM(Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia Greater Manchester), but so far, I've only contacted them, but have not meet any of them yet.

ah really? how to contact them? do they have any gathering? I really feel homesick. Its because im doing foundation here and everyone seems to come from mainly china and hk and there's no one to talk to. I really want to meet some indo guys ! hahaha. I hope uni life is better :frown:
Reply 133
There will be 6 of us in the flat, but right now there are only 3, everyone's probably moving in today :/
The city's great, quite small compared to Jakarta, and it's getting colder everyday probably around 8-16 deg. C.
Yes, I want to get my BS here and if I successfully completed my foundation with certain grades I'll be automatically transferred to the UG course.
Is the system the same as yours?

Ahhh, so your foundation havent started yet? I miss Jakarta ! Leamington Spa here is so small. There's nothing to do when weekend strikes. ahh so you they automatically transfer you to their UG program. It's not the same here, i have to apply through UCAS around January, we get to choose 5 uni for UCAS. And if i want to go to Warwick, even if I achieved the grade they want, i still have to apply through UCAS. There is no way they would transfer you to UG directly. :frown:
Ahhh, so your foundation havent started yet? I miss Jakarta ! Leamington Spa here is so small. There's nothing to do when weekend strikes. ahh so you they automatically transfer you to their UG program. It's not the same here, i have to apply through UCAS around January, we get to choose 5 uni for UCAS. And if i want to go to Warwick, even if I achieved the grade they want, i still have to apply through UCAS. There is no way they would transfer you to UG directly. :frown:

It'll start next week, but I've been having several induction classes for the last few days. There's not much to do in Leeds as well, most people here go out to bars and have drinks and I'm not legal here yet so when night falls I'm pretty much by myself :/
So sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best :wink:, what course are you planning to do?
Reply 135
It'll start next week, but I've been having several induction classes for the last few days. There's not much to do in Leeds as well, most people here go out to bars and have drinks and I'm not legal here yet so when night falls I'm pretty much by myself :/
So sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best :wink:, what course are you planning to do?

Haha good luck for your next week classes :biggrin: . Ahh you should be busy by next week so you'll have lotssss of work to occupy you hahahaha :tongue: .
Emm, i want an Actuarial Science degree, maybe by getting into MORSE in Warwick or Maths in UCL hehe . Have you meet anyone from Indo there?
Haha good luck for your next week classes :biggrin: . Ahh you should be busy by next week so you'll have lotssss of work to occupy you hahahaha :tongue: .
Emm, i want an Actuarial Science degree, maybe by getting into MORSE in Warwick or Maths in UCL hehe . Have you meet anyone from Indo there?

Yep, I think I'll get a bunch of essays to do.
I've met presumably more than a dozen Indonesian, but judging from their face (age) they're postgrad students, I met one who's doing UG degree, and another one in foundation as well.
Are there any Indos there?
I wish you good luck for your dream course :biggrin:
Do you get homesick? I got homesick of the Indo foods.... I bought some indomies in an oriental minimarket and it didn't taste Indonesian at all :frown:
Reply 137
Yep, I think I'll get a bunch of essays to do.
I've met presumably more than a dozen Indonesian, but judging from their face (age) they're postgrad students, I met one who's doing UG degree, and another one in foundation as well.
Are there any Indos there?
I wish you good luck for your dream course :biggrin:
Do you get homesick? I got homesick of the Indo foods.... I bought some indomies in an oriental minimarket and it didn't taste Indonesian at all :frown:

Haha reallyyy? There's no Indonesian here... ugh :frown: .. haha yep i wish too :biggrin:
Everyday i feel homesick. Haha you can buy online for 'real indomie', the indomie they sell here, they got reduced in MSG level, which of course affects the taste hahaha . I brought some indomie with me from Indo :tongue: . Also brought some 'sambel belibis' here hahahaha . I miss sambel terasi and ayam goreng kuning hhahahaha . Are you going back to Indo in Dec?
Haha reallyyy? There's no Indonesian here... ugh :frown: .. haha yep i wish too :biggrin:
Everyday i feel homesick. Haha you can buy online for 'real indomie', the indomie they sell here, they got reduced in MSG level, which of course affects the taste hahaha . I brought some indomie with me from Indo :tongue: . Also brought some 'sambel belibis' here hahahaha . I miss sambel terasi and ayam goreng kuning hhahahaha . Are you going back to Indo in Dec?

Well.. that explains a lot on why it didn't taste Indonesian ://
I wonder if some asian market sell Indonesian sambel...
Hmm... I think I'm not returning to Indonesia this December... It's pretty expensive.. and the exams are held on January, instead of directly after the semester 1 teaching ends..
Reply 139
ah really? how to contact them? do they have any gathering? I really feel homesick. Its because im doing foundation here and everyone seems to come from mainly china and hk and there's no one to talk to. I really want to meet some indo guys ! hahaha. I hope uni life is better :frown:

U are at warwick right? http://warwickindosoc.weebly.com/contact.html so far i am really loving it here in UK.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest