The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8660
River Song :sigh: Next week is going to be terrible.
Felt the ending was poor. Decent episode in general though.

Huge expectations for next weeks episode. Hopefully its not a let down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Messy
What about those people on the slabs in the ship? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was wondering about.
Also, R.I.P Birdos. :tongue:
Still think this guy should appear... [video="youtube;IfjFsIWv3K0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjFsIWv3K0[/video]
Original post by getfunky!

Spoiler

Rory is in episode 5.
The one thing that annoyed me the most? UNITs underground base. It had windows :angry:
Really, really hoping that River Song gets turned to stone next week.
Reply 8667
Original post by rainbow drops
Really, really hoping that River Song gets turned to stone next week.

I hope she gets her throat ripped out and then someone goes back through time and rips each versions of her throat out. I'd even take Amy being killed as a child so River Song never happens. Actually, just kill Rory as a child. Sorted.
Original post by TheWalkinDude
The one thing that annoyed me the most? UNITs underground base. It had windows :angry:

Windows with nothing outside of them. They were fancy lights. :tongue:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Rory is in episode 5.

I realised:getmecoat: was behind by 6mins! nevertheless ..that was an AMAZING episode:coma: well made.
Reply 8670
Man what a crap resolution to the story suddenly everyone just gets up and everythings all dandy again. Kinda ruined the episode for me
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Windows with nothing outside of them. They were fancy lights. :tongue:

I know, but who builds windows underground!? I doubt they did it so people a few hundred years in the future could come along and put some nice orange mood-lights in them! :tongue:
I liked tonight's episode :smile: - an interesting story made more-so by the questions regarding Amy and Rory's 2 lives. The only downside was that (I feel at least) the ending was poor... cubes invade earth, cubes do something bad, cubes stopped within 5 minutes... yup. It's almost as if the whole cube story-line was a side-line to the whole thing of Amy and Rory choosing which life they want to live... still found it enjoyable though :smile: - more than the others so far.

Next week looks...mixed. Great because of the weeping angels (of all shapes and sizes - baby angels right up to the statue of liberty!) but bad because of River Song, and all the cheesy flirting rubbish which has made me really really dislike the character... Still, I'll still give it a watch!

edit:
I hope she gets her throat ripped out and then someone goes back through time and rips each versions of her throat out. I'd even take Amy being killed as a child so River Song never happens. Actually, just kill Rory as a child. Sorted.

A nice thought... but then that screws up everything she has ever been involved in, creating multiple paradoxes (such as her death in the library... where if she didn't die there then presumably the doctor would have done the download thing and killed himself...) still - we can hope and pray that Moffat does such a thing :moon:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jahmet
Man what a crap resolution to the story suddenly everyone just gets up and everythings all dandy again. Kinda ruined the episode for me

Also annoyed me that all those other people on the spaceship were just left to die in a horrible fireball...
Original post by TheWalkinDude
I know, but who builds windows underground!? I doubt they did it so people a few hundred years in the future could come along and put some nice orange mood-lights in them! :tongue:

They didn't renovate an underground room in the Tower of London, they built the base. THEY put the window-lights in. Have you ever been in a room without windows? It's depressing. Window-lights will just make people feel better in general.
I am unhappy with the angels returning

Blink was excellent ... The Episode of modern Dr Who

I fear they will be watered down with repetition
Next week looks good, can't wait for some more River action :colone:
I'm not to sure what I made of that episode to be honest. :erm:
It was a cheerful episode, perhaps they could've expanded on the whole Shakri character. They were assumed to a be a scary myth, just seems strange how they ended it so quick.

Next episode should be better:moon: even though River:sigh:Song will be back, I hope they don't keep mentioning her back story OR she doesn't say 'spoiii-lers':nooo:
I thought it was OK - there's a one bit that made me :lolwut: though - If the Doctor still had one heart running, wouldn't de-fibrillating him mess up that heart?

The cubes irritated me, but the actual villain is something new - Gallifreyan fairy-tales coming to destroy earth? Perhaps could have been slightly better executed though - it seemed a bit rushed...

Speculation on next week:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending