The Student Room Group

Why isn't the Islamic world declaring war?

If the Islamic community is so offended, and hates the west as much as it appears to, why do they not declair war? I can't see what they think they will achieve by burning flags, killing peacemakers and shouting threats such as "Death to America!", "Insult our Prophet and die!", etc.. Why not cut the foreplay and declair war if they are so enraged and powerful? My thought is they really don't have any brains at all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Reads post, reads last sentence.*

:facepalm2:
Reply 2
Original post by 2ndClass
*Reads post, reads last sentence.*

:facepalm2:
Do you not have any original thoughts? It would seem not. Please refrain from the discussion then, as this was intended to provoke serious and well-thought discussion. Thankyou kindly, now stay away.
The Islamic world isn't a unified force, there are even divisions between ideologies within the community.

Theres no Islamic army, no Islamic base of operations. So that's why they can't declare war, just ram the word jihad out and hope people riot enough.
(edited 11 years ago)
The "Islamic world" is not a person. It is a collection of millions of people in different countries. It would be like herding cats - many fundamentalist Muslims hate each other more than they hate the West!
Reply 5
Oh wow...
Reply 6
Go away, you have nothing intelligent to say.
Reply 7
Original post by shapes
My thought is they really don't have any brains at all.

They do. That's why they're not declaring war.
Reply 8
Original post by jacketpotato
The "Islamic world" is not a person. It is a collection of millions of people in different countries. It would be like herding cats - many fundamentalist Muslims hate each other more than they hate the West!
A country can declare war. Many countries are Islamic, are showing protest and hatred towards the west. Why not declare war? Or are they just cowards, in reality..
Reply 9
Original post by H903
They do. That's why they're not declaring war.
Disagree. They aren't declaring war because they don't have any power with which to defeat the west.
Reply 10
>Wants intelligent discussion
>Cant spell "Declare War"

Checkmate.
they couldn't win it.
Reply 12
Original post by shapes
If the Islamic community is so offended, and hates the west as much as it appears to, why do they not declair war? I can't see what they think they will achieve by burning flags, killing peacemakers and shouting threats such as "Death to America!", "Insult our Prophet and die!", etc.. Why not cut the foreplay and declair war if they are so enraged and powerful? My thought is they really don't have any brains at all.
Not sure what you've been thinking up til now but an angry disorganised mob doesn't have the authority to declare a war.
Reply 13
Original post by Lenry
>Wants intelligent discussion
>Cant spell "Declare War"

Checkmate.
Check the title, you'll see your point has no strength. Also, "can't", not "cant". If we're resorting to such low measures.
Reply 14
Original post by Redolent
Not sure what you've been thinking up til now but an angry disorganised mob doesn't have the authority to declare a war.
Think harder. A country can declare war. Many Islamic countries hate the west and are showing protest and being threatening - from extremists/terrorists to government officials. Why not start a war?
Reply 15
That was your second hollow post in less than 10 minutes. Please, stay away from the thread - if you want to troll, may I suggest youtube be more fitting for you.
Reply 16
Original post by shapes
Think harder. A country can declare war. Many Islamic countries hate the west and are showing protest and being threatening - from extremists/terrorists to government officials. Why not start a war?
Only a tiny minority of government officials in these countries desire war with Western countries, ergo they aren't going to declare war.
Reply 17
Original post by G8D
The muslim world isn't really a unit, not like it could coordinate an attack. Plus their military strength wouldn't really rival that of their opponents.

This. It isn't as if every muslim is up in arms about this stupid video, though a lot do care about a piece of poorly performed acting thrown together by a bunch of idiots.
Reply 18
Original post by shapes
Disagree. They aren't declaring war because they don't have any power with which to defeat the west.

Well there you go, you've answered your own question. Well done. :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Original post by shapes

Because that would result in their annihilation and they know it (as we feed most of them it would also result in millions starving to death)

All they can do is use demographics to change our societies into what they want and like most faiths this will be a long term project but something the muslim brotherhood have made plain (we will use their laws against them)

But there will be a fight sooner or later

Peace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending