The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8200
Original post by TheCrackInTime
What do you need in terms of minutes/texts/data?

Bare minimum, I've never gone over the smallest plan they have (the £15 one). The plan, as far as I can see, is the same per price for all the phones.

Edit: not sure if it's one of those awkward urls that don't display the same unless you click tll the same links
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by A.J10
If you can, you might as well nab a free phone :biggrin: It's what I'm doing now, but I'm so indecisive...

hmm, if i could get hold of an iphone 5, dont mind paying for the handset itself, like if its 100 quid from orange then ill buy it, then sell it straight away on ebay. It'll sell for 600+? so a 500 quid profit :biggrin:, im really happy with my phone now though.
Reply 8202
Original post by James A
hmm, if i could get hold of an iphone 5, dont mind paying for the handset itself, like if its 100 quid from orange then ill buy it, then sell it straight away on ebay. It'll sell for 600+? so a 500 quid profit :biggrin:, im really happy with my phone now though.

Sounds like a plan :cool: although there's probably something in your contract preventing that, and you'll pay an inflated monthly bill for that iPhone
Original post by A.J10
Bare minimum, I've never gone over the smallest plan they have (the £15 one). The plan, as far as I can see, is the same per price for all the phones.

Edit: not sure if it's one of those awkward urls that don't display the same unless you click tll the same links

I can't see those phones (Ace Plus/One V) on a £15 plan from that link, are you on an existing VM customer tariff?
Original post by James A

But a contract (with Orange, no less) that let you buy an iPhone for £100 would be pretty expensive.
Original post by + polarity -
But a contract (with Orange, no less) that let you buy an iPhone for £100 would be pretty expensive.

really? I thought the iphone handest (on contract) is around 100 quid anyway at Orange anyway?
Original post by James A
really? I thought the iphone handest (on contract) is around 100 quid anyway at Orange anyway?

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/iphone

The model with the least memory is £110, but this is on top of a £36/month contract (:puke:). That's a total of £974!
http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/iphone

The model with the least memory is £110, but this is on top of a £36/month contract (:puke:). That's a total of £974!

I was initially referring to an upgrade from my existing orange contract :colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by James A
I was initially referring to an upgrade from my existing orange contract :colondollar::colondollar:

Oh! Hmm, how much is your current contract?
Oh! Hmm, how much is your current contract?

Well I have a HTC Desire HD, paying 25 a month, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data!!!
Reply 8210
Original post by TheCrackInTime
I can't see those phones (Ace Plus/One V) on a £15 plan from that link, are you on an existing VM customer tariff?

Yeah, it's hidden under existing broadband customers.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i, because I'm probably at work.
Original post by James A
Well I have a HTC Desire HD, paying 25 a month, 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data!!!

Yeah I think you'd get charged hundreds for an iPhone and I don't know if they'd even let you keep your current contract with it!
Yeah I think you'd get charged hundreds for an iPhone and I don't know if they'd even let you keep your current contract with it!

loool cant blame em, it sells for 600+ on ebay, they gotta make their margins on me :rant:
I've got a question, why is it when you take a photo usually a white box appears on your face. I'm just wondering could somebody explain it to me, and also sometimes when I want too use it doesn't come up :/
Original post by Kruz
I've got a question, why is it when you take a photo usually a white box appears on your face. I'm just wondering could somebody explain it to me, and also sometimes when I want too use it doesn't come up :/

I believe it is a setting which focuses on faces (you can turn it off)
Original post by ninegrandstudent
What's the best app to track call time usage (SG2)? I use 3G Watchdog for data, Droidstats (which I think did call time!) used to crash my old S1 but if its reccomended I'd be willing to try again.

Never had any use for monitoring call time, I'd only use around 5 minutes a month, but after a week at uni I'm nearly 100 minutes already...

Bumping this question due to no response :smile:
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Bumping this question due to no response :smile:

What network are you on? Vodafone have an app for this.
Original post by Karma Charger
What network are you on? Vodafone have an app for this.

I'm on Orange.
Guy I've got a few questions about the Spotify app. One question can I use it offline? and also every track I download does it take a bit of my memory?
Original post by Kruz
Guy I've got a few questions about the Spotify app. One question can I use it offline? and also every track I download does it take a bit of my memory?

I haven't used the Spotify app but since Spotify is a streaming service I would expect that you cannot use it offline and it will use some data for every track you download, but only use a small amount of memory (offline storage).

Latest

Trending

Trending