The Student Room Group

Going out tomorrow night, how do I pull? (I'm a girl) please read....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just wear what that slut kat slater wears but please pick somewhere decent to have a shag instead of an alleyway
Original post by AyWill
Why is it you'd want to find a guy in a club? The odds of finding a decent, material-boyfriend type of guy are quite low. I went to an all boys school for sixth form and there was only one reason why those boys would go clubbing...had something to do with another name for a cat :biggrin:

Well, on freshers week, I met a pretty nice guy in a club (Well the SU). Ok, so it's early days, but I would consider him boyfriend material. In the past, I've met plenty of nice and not so nice people in clubs and bars. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but I consider myself a decent human being and I go clubbing, so some nice guys must go!
Original post by Anonymous
When I say 'pull' I dont mean sex, well possibly...if I can tell having one night stand is a one off for him, as it is with me.
But what I mean is something which will progress to a date.

Tomorrow is my first night out in months, been trying to meet boys for a while but generally don't meet anyone, people consider me as an attractive girl so it's not hard to grab a guys attention, but previously I don't usually keep there attention for long as I've been getting with all the WRONG guy!

So when I see someone in the club that I find attractive and potentially want to see them again and see where it goes, how do I play it without looking desperate.....a briefing of what guys to stay away from would also be good!

I'm hoping to find a boyfriend.

I think what you want is to just meet guys in general and have a few dates and laughs and play the field with a few hotties until you find someone you want to stick with. Which is what most young ladies want.

Ignore the stupid people, its not strictly true that people go to clubs purely to get laid. There are those who do, definitely, some of them are so obvious you just want to point and laugh at them. But the truth is most people don't suddenly become horny just because its a birthday/Fresher's/Paddy's or New Year. Most people in a bar just want to have a laugh and meet new people. If you refused to date someone for going to the student's union yo will probably be quite lonely!

Just have a conversation with people around you. Don't dress like a tart and grind your bum into men's crotches on the dancefloor. Do not let anyone who tries to "sexily" grind against you on the dancefloor have as much as eye contact. They are creepy and sad. Do not accept drinks from anyone, especially if said drinks are at their house and your friends aren't invited. And please, ignore anyone who says "Hi babes, my swag gets me all the bitches." They deserve all the bitching they get for being imbeciles and are probably underage anyway.

I'm sure you know this all anyway and are just a bit anxious. If it doesn't go to plan just have a good night and enjoy yourself. If you don't like clubbing at all, find another way to find a mate, simples!

Best of luck! x
Just being female and standing there with no interest in them seems to work for me. If you have a vagina it shouldn't be that hard...
Reply 44
When I say 'pull' I dont mean sex, well possibly...if I can tell having one night stand is a one off for him, as it is with me.

Tomorrow is my first night out in months, been trying to meet boys for a while but generally don't meet anyone, people consider me as an attractive girl so it's not hard to grab a guys attention, but previously I don't usually keep there attention for long as I've been getting with all the WRONG guy!

So when I see someone in the club that I find attractive and potentially want to see them again and see where it goes, how do I play it without looking desperate.....a briefing of what guys to stay away from would also be good!

Because most guys don't go to clubs to find a girlfriend, but to find a shag.
Here here

Are you attractive? by which I mean, can you mix an intelligent conversation on a wide range of topics with a wide range of witty repartee? That is generally what guys look for.

Also, be aware that 90% of pulling occurs in the pubs and bars beforehand. The club is just used for sealing the deal with a partner you have already been chatting to for a few hours.
Original post by danny111
Because most guys don't go to clubs to find a girlfriend, but to find a shag.

Only idiots draw a distinction. Are you not going to shag your girlfriend? :rolleyes:
Original post by vpsycho
I can't really imagine that you will find the boyfriend you've been looking for from a one night stand.

But hey, I'm sure weirder things have happened.

yes, like in every single relationship I have ever had or any of my friends have ever had, or indeed anyone I have ever known.

The vast, vast, vast, vast majority of 20something relationships in this country start as one night stands. If you rule out this method, you're basically deciding to be celibate.
Original post by NathanW18
People look for potential partners in clubs?

No, they all go because they love paying £10 to listen to crappy pop music in the dark. :facepalm2:
Original post by kingkongjaffa
It's so much easier for girls to do this sort of thing than guys

nonsense. Unless you're deeply weird and/or sociopathic, pulling a girl on a night out is about as hard as falling off the sofa.
Original post by cole-slaw
Are you attractive? by which I mean, can you mix an intelligent conversation on a wide range of topics with a wide range of witty repartee? That is generally what guys look for.

Also, be aware that 90% of pulling occurs in the pubs and bars beforehand. The club is just used for sealing the deal with a partner you have already been chatting to for a few hours.

Only idiots draw a distinction. Are you not going to shag your girlfriend? :rolleyes:

yes, like in every single relationship I have ever had or any of my friends have ever had, or indeed anyone I have ever known.

The vast, vast, vast, vast majority of 20something relationships in this country start as one night stands. If you rule out this method, you're basically deciding to be celibate.

No, they all go because they love paying £10 to listen to crappy pop music in the dark. :facepalm2:

nonsense. Unless you're deeply weird and/or sociopathic, pulling a girl on a night out is about as hard as falling off the sofa.

Zombie thread :yy:
Original post by e aí rapaz
Zombie thread :yy:

oh **** yeah. who revives these things?
Reply 53
My question is: Did anon actually pull that night then?

Well, this is an old thread.

Reading back through it, the OP clearly stated she was looking for a boyfriend. Who goes to a club and looks for someone worth dating? You just try and get laid.
(edited 9 years ago)

A sociopath would actually generally find pulling quite easy, they don't get scared or intimidated and they have that shallow effect.
Original post by Mankytoes
A sociopath would actually generally find pulling quite easy, they don't get scared or intimidated and they have that shallow effect.

apart from the fact its easy to tell that people are sociopaths because they don't respond correctly to social cues, and thus no-one would want to pull them.
Original post by NathanW18
Well, this is an old thread.

Reading back through it, the OP clearly stated she was looking for a boyfriend. Who goes to a club and looks for someone worth dating? You just try and get laid.

and what happens after you get laid? the girl calls you incessantly, right?

its how everyone finds partners. Perhaps you're just not doing it right?

Well I'm pretty sure I'm not sociopathic. Must be deeply weird then. Thanks.

Also you are replying to 3 year old posts :fyi:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well I'm pretty sure I'm not sociopathic. Must be deeply weird then. Thanks.

Also you are replying to 3 year old posts :fyi:

I know, someone revived the zombie thread.

Maybe you are deeply weird. Is this something you need to address do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending