The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Polymath
Definitely.

Dr Who makes no sense anymore :frown: No thought is going into the continuity, the 'rules of Time' and stuff, it's just ruined it for me

I sort of agree. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Also found it strange how Rory just impulsively decided to walk back to the gravestone to look at that specific one. The writing of it wasn't even in his view.
Comfort eating biscuits to make me feel better. :cry2:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Tbh it was good much better than the normal ones but I dunnoe something wasnt quite right and well it was emotional enough I mean when Rose I left I was crying like a baby but when rory and amy left just a tear or two :s-smilie:

Maybe because we felt the 10th Doctor's sadness? Matt smith has nowhere near the emotional range in acting as David Tennant
Original post by Miracle Day
Maybe because we felt the 10th Doctor's sadness? Matt smith has nowhere near the emotional range in acting as David Tennant

True. And maybe also the epic "Vale Decem" background music :smile:
Original post by Sithius
Well I was being nice by not picking you up on the 'toying' point. Animals don't actually 'toy' with their prey in the sense that you are thinking. They do not prolong a hunt with fun in mind, they adopt a strategy which is most likely to give them the reward they seek. A cat may take its time hunting a mouse, this is to ensure the pounce is perfect and that it catches the mouse in time. It's not like Tom and Jerry where the cat is laughing in its head in excitement as it chases after the mouse, skidding in the dirt and 'toying' with it.

There is literally no good reason for the angels to lag behind and think 'no worries brahs the statue of Lib has this one under control. Let's just slowly walk up these stairs'.

Just think before you post. You already lost the point about the Dr letting Amy go so easily (he could have grabbed her and pulled her back whilst making sure to maintain eye contact with the angel, as an example)

Bah, I'm tired now, off to bed I go. Hate circular arguments, in this case you are recycling the same inane response to my perfectly valid points. It's grating.

Actually, they do - when the prey has pretty much no chance of escape, then some animals will toy with their prey, giving it the idea that it's escaping, then hitting it again.

There's also no reason to bomb after them like someone tied rocket skates to Usain Bolt, when there is pretty much no escape possible.

Right back at ya - once more: Amy blocks his vision, how does he prevent that. Hold her tight? Then he's got to be right up close to her and... Oh, she's blocking his line of vision, never mind.

They aren't valid points, they're the petty, meaningless whining of a person ignorant of explanations given in previous episodes and foolish enough to think that's the writers fault. The reason I'm giving the same answer is because you refuse to stop, listen and think - instead blundering on, determined to be right rather than accepting yourself to be incorrect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Polymath
True. And maybe also the epic "Vale Decem" background music :smile:

Awh just listened to it. What I'd do to see David Tennant appear on Doctor Who, even if it's only the clone copy :/

We need to see Rose, Jack, Gwen, Martha, Donna, River Song, Mickey, Jackie etc all taken hostage for the 50th anniversary
(edited 11 years ago)
It was alright. A bit too predictable, the cherubs could have been creepier, the smugness of River Song was on ultra mode, which was sickening, but the last few scenes were genuinely touching. Not a single mention of 'wibbly wobbly timey wimey' or similar phrases, which was good for my blood pressure.
Original post by TayRex
Finally this series has redeemed itself. A brilliant episode.

Though idk if a statue made of copper can qualify as a stone angel.

Nearly wet myself at "I always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty... I guess she got impatient."

They mentioned something about the Angels had turned every statue in NY into an angel.

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Definitely agree with that. I think the weeping angels just add that bit of suspense that the others don't really do. It's always a treat treat when an episode involves them.

As long as it isn't over done.

Original post by Hopple
Yeah, they screwed up the angels after the first episode. This was sort of half way though, in that we didn't actually see them move. The statue of liberty moving was silly as well, maybe it'd manage one step, but once it makes that noise everyone's going to be looking around and then it's all "Wtf is the statue of liberty doing there?".

I thought this as well.

I also though that even before that, just when is there not a single soul watching the statue in order for it to move first time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened in the first few minutes? I was sure it started at half past and only turned it on 5 minutes in just when Rory was going off for some coffee.

I enjoyed the episode, but as sad as it was I still think a more "heart breaking ending" would have been for Amy and Rory to have been sent back to different points in time. That really would have been tragic and heart-breaking. :moon:
Rory's dad is going to be so pissed

Glad you all got the reference. It's really crap that after he told them to bring them home safe they're now gone. I'm wondering how the Doctor would have gone about telling the family, if at all?
Original post by Sithius
There is a reason I left this godawful forum, too much stupidity and irrationality.

you watch a TV show about a space man who doesn't age and gets a new face if he gets badly hurt and flies around space and time fighting aliens in a police telephone box that's bigger on the inside than on the outside that can translate any language you see or hear and you want to tell us about irrationality? :rolleyes:
Glad you all got the reference. It's really crap that after he told them to bring them home safe they're now gone. I'm wondering how the Doctor would have gone about telling the family, if at all?

He wouldn't go and tell him. His dad would probably work it out however, not where or when, but he'd realise they had died with the Doctor.
Original post by SirMasterKey
He wouldn't go and tell him. His dad would probably work it out however, not where or when, but he'd realise they had died with the Doctor.

Poor Bryan :frown:
"There's a gravestone here for someone with the same name as me."
The most idiotic last words ever.
Every time I view this thread it's full of bitching about how bad the latest episode was. Where's the thread for people who actually like Doctor Who?
Wasn't a bad episode, but the ending seemed tacked on, one of the angels survived the paradox? Why? Is the Doctor just going to let this angel run around New York sending people back in time? The weird vortex thing sucking Rory back looked stupid and doesn't fit in with the angels not showing any trace of movement or action when visible, and the obvious conclusion as soon as Rory stopped to look at the gravestone took most of the impact out of it. They should have just ended it with Amy and Rory killing themselves to save the world, probably not the most kid-friendly ending, but it would have had more of an emotional impact and would have stayed in pace with the rest of the episode.
Overall, I would say it was a brilliant episode even if it left me slightly bemused and not sure how to feel about myself. :frown:

I was completely perplexed by one bit though, to the point that I was shouting at my TV screen saying, "What are you doing, River?!". It was near the beginning where River had just taken Rory to mansion/house (in which she treated him with a bit of hostility to say the least) and anyway, she just handed him over the bodyguard/detectives. WHY?! At first, it made be think that this was an earlier version of River, at a time when she was more hateful and didn't realise Rory was her father as she just let him get sent to the cellar!! WHAT?!? This whole thing may have been solved if Rory didn't get zapped by the babies to the hotel (Weather Quay was it?) and Amy and the Doctor didn't have to go running after him!! I just.. don't understand. Can anyone clear this up for me??
Original post by chocoholic_x
Overall, I would say it was a brilliant episode even if it left me slightly bemused and not sure how to feel about myself. :frown:

I was completely perplexed by one bit though, to the point that I was shouting at my TV screen saying, "What are you doing, River?!". It was near the beginning where River had just taken Rory to mansion/house (in which she treated him with a bit of hostility to say the least) and anyway, she just handed him over the bodyguard/detectives. WHY?! At first, it made be think that this was an earlier version of River, at a time when she was more hateful and didn't realise Rory was her father as she just let him get sent to the cellar!! WHAT?!? This whole thing may have been solved if Rory didn't get zapped by the babies to the hotel (Weather Quay was it?) and Amy and the Doctor didn't have to go running after him!! I just.. don't understand. Can anyone clear this up for me??

I think River may have been kidnapped, and Rory had the misfortune of appearing near them. Although, like most things relating to River Song, this wasn't really explained well, so I may be wrong.
Original post by justanotherposter
I think River may have been kidnapped, and Rory had the misfortune of appearing near them. Although, like most things relating to River Song, this wasn't really explained well, so I may be wrong.

Oh OK that makes a lot more sense now, thanks! :smile: Though, she could have easily protested a lot more, knowing that there were weeping angels around and that "put him with the babies" is obviously suggestive of him being sent to a place inhabited with angels. It just makes me very annoyed at River now. But yes, I concur. River Song's storyline is very confusing, and it just detracts from the beauty and emotional value of Amy and Rory's ending, which is a shame really.
Sorry about the late poll guys, had a Samaritans overnight shift.
It was better but the Angels have always been a flawed villain, such as being stone when no-one's looking at them and pointlessly toying with the characters in the episode Blink until they worked out what they're supposed to do/not attack them. The Angels suck as a concept. Also thought the suicide was better than the lame survivor sending them back. How many ****ing times do we see villains coming back? Die Hard much?

Latest

Trending

Trending