The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I realised I haven't posted much around here, mostly because the only animes I watched are from the spring season and I haven't watched much apart from those.:tongue:

Kuroko no Basket was great ended on a high, although it's too bad it finished it seems another season is coming up so I'll have to make do with the manga.

Space Brothers was the best one for me, I rarely get to watch a series where all the characters are likeable with all having depth and different backgrounds that makes them likeable. It's no wonder the live action movie was so popular in Japan.

Hyouka is...well Hyouka; dull, uneventful and predictable to the very end, but the pretty animation meant that I couldn't stop watching :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
aww ep 12 of kokoro concert :h: :h: :h: next ep looks good but have to wait for it now :huff: hmm might marathon through sword art online :beard:
Original post by eugenius 8
just seen the first 4 eps of kokoro connect, thought it was just gona be some light hearted fun, but theres added drama and its getting quite interesting :beard:

wow ep 5 was epic :eek: that heartseed guy :lolwut:

starting to quite like Inaba :awesome: she seemed like a bitch at the start :unimpressed:

ep 10 best ep so far :h: Inaba :love: :woo:

finished it the other day, nice ending but too short :frown: those 2 were just about to get started :puppyeyes: hoping for another season! one of my faves too of this year :h:

Yeah hyouka shouldnt of ended there. I really hope there is a season 2 otherwise I will be quite disappointed :frown:
Reply 3803
Gundam age 40:mmm:

Spoiler

This minor racism in Tsuritama, the "indian" man and his crew all wearing turbans and for some strange reason are unable to stop eating curry.:hmmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
them mums with their pots and pans in naruto :awesome: also

Spoiler

just watched the first ep of sword art online, oh man this is gona be so good :teeth:

Spoiler

ep 2 :coma: if all the eps are gona be like this omg :sogood: too bad im streaming the eps but the action scenes still look pretty decent

ahh ep 3 :sad: pretty fast paced this :p: dont get why it went from floor 49 down to 35 :lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
them mums with their pots and pans in naruto :awesome: also

Spoiler

Why were they using pots and pans if some of them were chunin T.T the sexism, it hurts. DX. And episodes with Konohamaru I find very difficult to enjoy DX
man the guy in SAO already that good and its only been 4 eps lol, looking at ep 5, its way too fast paced, feels like its missing a lot of stuff from the original :frown: such as

Spoiler

ep 9 was epic :coma:

aww ep 10 was really sweet :h: kinda wana read the novels now for the gaps :s-smilie:

aww ep 12 :cry2:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Why were they using pots and pans if some of them were chunin T.T the sexism, it hurts. DX. And episodes with Konohamaru I find very difficult to enjoy DX

haha :biggrin: :wink: aww i love watching konohamaru :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3807
Resuming naruto at 261... oh dear no this awful opening :afraid: make it stop

Still better than "YOU ARE MY FRIEND" :puke:

:mmm:
Original post by vin
Resuming naruto at 261... oh dear no this awful opening :afraid: make it stop

Still better than "YOU ARE MY FRIEND" :puke:

:mmm:

worse opening ever but it will grow on you :awesome:

you are my friend nana nana nanana :dance:

hey did you read my pm :puppyeyes:
Reply 3809
The pink magical girl mech in gundam age:mmm: even has a little flowery wand.:giggle:

...Gramps is starting to sound senile with his ramblings about genocide.:erm:
worse opening ever but it will grow on you :awesome:

you are my friend nana nana nanana :dance:

hey did you read my pm :puppyeyes:

No:erm: ...ok yes..

Oh I just wrote the post in tsr, then previewed it to get the smilies to display. Then just copy the whole thing and paste it in the blog editor.
anime anime anime :awesome:

Original post by vin

No:erm: ...ok yes..

Oh I just wrote the post in tsr, then previewed it to get the smilies to display. Then just copy the whole thing and paste it in the blog editor.

i see :beard: thank you vin-kun :puppyeyes:
just watched the first 3 eps of Binbougami ga! quite enjoying it so far :awesome: i love how it alternates between funny and serious all the time :yep:

i love this anime :woo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3812
Well, I've just finished watching Area no Kishi and I'm disappointed by the lack of closure. I haven't paid attention to television ratings lately, but I can only assume it was down to that and the studio had to hastily botch up an ending at short notice. So, nothing came to a satisfactory conclusion, both regarding the football and the relationships surrounding it.

Moreover, I always have a tendency to support the protagonist, especially when they're as likeable as this one, but his lack of progression on the pitch was slightly frustrating. Everyone around him was just better. In my view, a protagonist should clearly have the raw talent and potential to become the best, whereas the main character here simply displayed glimpses of promise, but nothing out of the extraordinary in comparison with the rest of his peers. He was always grossly behind. On the relationship front, I'm more forgiving as I appreciate this isn't a romance centric series, even though there were episodes mostly dedicated to it from time to time. Would have been nice if there was a confession of sorts, but it wasn't to be.

The one thing I did like and found quite refreshing was that the main female character didn't just stand at the sidelines supporting our protagonist (although she did do this), she was also a very good footballer in her own right, realms ahead in fact representing her country.

Overall, somewhat entertaining but equally frustrating. Now I need to find another sport themed series to get into. :tongue:
I'm kinda new to the thread, but meh I am not a fan of a SOA, too jumpy and random. Just finished the first Akito the Exiled, can't wait for ep 2 (in Spring 2013 D: ) and Gurren Laggan, just on episode 2 of Gintama right noww
Reply 3814
SOA 13

Spoiler

stuff ive finished recently:

yuru yuri 2 - was fun but wasnt as good as the first season

kono naka imouto show - was better than i expected but the ending was so dull :yawn:

binbougami ga - great series, hope for a 2nd season!

boku wa tomodachi ova - so much rape lol o.O rika's ending of the story :rofl2:
Original post by dinrah04
I'm kinda new to the thread, but meh I am not a fan of a SOA, too jumpy and random.

That's the problem I have with the series at the moment. Well, that and the underdeveloped and generic characters. The nicely animated action scenes and great soundtrack keep propping it up in my weekly anime rankings though, so I can't say I hate it, just that I find it more than a little overrated. :dontknow:

I should probably keep focusing on finishing series myself, but right now I'm trying to get hold of the first episode of Shinsekai Yori. 1.1% downloaded in over three hours... and no, it isn't even a large file.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
That's the problem I have with the series at the moment. Well, that and the underdeveloped and generic characters. The nicely animated action scenes and great soundtrack keep propping it up in my weekly anime rankings though, so I can't say I hate it, just that I find it more than a little overrated. :dontknow:

I should probably keep focusing on finishing series myself, but right now I'm trying to get hold of the first episode of Shinsekai Yori. 1.1% downloaded in over three hours... and no, it isn't even a large file.

Yeah, I don't really get the hype for it. I always try to finish them but I get overwhelmed if there's lots of episodes. Just watching Angel Beats now should be done tonight or tomorrow I believe.
havent read the new season thread yet but noticed tonari no kaibutsu-kun on some site, thought i'd give it a go as it sounded like something i would like, oh god that haru guy :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: really enjoyed that ep :h: this could turn out to be a good show :yep:

finished kokoro connect last night, twas an enjoyable series but

Spoiler

but theres gona be 4 ovas ive heard :excited:
Shinsekai Yori ep 1 is now 87% downloaded... I might even have it in time for my day off on Wednesday at this rate. :biggrin:

*should probably give up on the new season and marathon through some old stuff instead*

Latest