The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

going to start revision from today, anyone else doing so/already has started?
The workload is massive, probably doesn't help that I always give myself masses of extra work to do. Really struggling and not doing too well in homeworks, tests and stuff :frown:

Any advice?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Back from school. I had to go to a local sixth form (bexley, grrr) for a biochemical engineering lecture. I thought it was really interesting you know, I may look into it.
Original post by Deziah
Got an A in a French essay I wrote, and an A in my maths assignment with 95%. :-)

Congrats :biggrin:
Keep it up!
Original post by Deziah
Has anyone got their biology ISA soon?

We're starting our practice one soon.
Got a response from Birmingham today. If anybody's interested in emailing them regarding medicine, it read;

Dear (rather not include my name),

Thank you for your email. Minimum entry requirements for our Medicine degree are A Level predictions of AAA, with our typical offer being A*AA, including Chemistry and Biology. If third subject is Psychology, Sociology, Physical Education, Theatre Studies, Dance, Art or Music, a fourth academic subject at AS is required. AS results must be provided and preference will be given to those applicants who offer grades AAAA achieved by the end of the first year of A Level study. Applicants who have not declared AS results will be disadvantaged.

Overall GCSE performance is considered and normally, applicants must offer A* grades in each of English (either English Language or English Literature), Mathematics and all science subjects. Integrated Science (double certificate) is acceptable as an alternative to single sciences.

We do not consider UKCAT scores at University of Birmingham.

Please be aware that meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee you an interview as it is dependent upon the level of competition at the time of application.

Kind regards,

Mrs Esther Levasseur
is this in simplified surd form or can i simplify it more... 5+or- 3√ 5 all over 2?
Original post by Melissajanex
is this in simplified surd form or can i simplify it more... 5+or- 3√ 5 all over 2?

That's it simplified :smile:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That's it simplified :smile:

Thought so, thanks:biggrin:
Reply 5269
92% on a chemistry assignment :woo:
Original post by Melissajanex
Thought so, thanks:biggrin:

It's alright :smile:
Original post by lilGem
92% on a chemistry assignment :woo:

Congrats. But do better next time :tongue: (joke)
While we're all boasting about grades, I got a D in biology and an E in chemistry so I had to re-sit both homeworks.

Reply 5272
Congrats. But do better next time :tongue: (joke)

Thank you! I intend to :smug:
Original post by Anonymous #2
While we're all boasting about grades, I got a D in biology and an E in chemistry so I had to re-sit both homeworks.

Don't worry. We've only just started the courses. Do you know where you went wrong?
Waah, I just got a maths test result back of a U at 22/61. Not good at all :frown: :frown:

Mind you, Physics didn't go too badly for the induction test, with a B (which I am guessing is somewhere in the 70%'s).
Don't worry. We've only just started the courses. Do you know where you went wrong?

I think it's mainly exam technique and just being to actually remember the content.

Yupp, :tongue: thanks :biggrin: but it must have been fun :tongue:

Of course I would :tongue: but I'm finding it harder myself :tongue: ahh, I haven't done that one yet :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VjPABmvlfY&feature=youtu.be didn't know about this, but I am in love. I particularly love only you and my blood. Ritual is sensational aswell!

It most definitely was! :biggrin:
Aw thanks :tongue: Yeah it's a bit hard :erm:

Oh it sounds amazing - currently listening to My Blood and it's about to switch to Anything Could Happen :love:
Original post by Anonymous #2
I think it's mainly exam technique and just being to actually remember the content.

Don't worry about it. Now you know where to focus. Most people adapt to A-levels differently, so don't worry about it!
Original post by justanotherindigo
It most definitely was! :biggrin:
Aw thanks :tongue: Yeah it's a bit hard :erm:

Oh it sounds amazing - currently listening to My Blood and it's about to switch to Anything Could Happen :love:

Well its not hard per se, just a lot of context to learn and remember.

It really is beautiful. And god know its the only way to heal now, With all the blood I lost on youuuu.
The album will rock.
Reply 5279
Hey, sorry to be such a flea to you cool guys, but has anyone here moved to the sixth form from a different secondary? Or more specifically, from single-sex to co-ed, or state to independent? Facing a bit of a dilemma, if someone has done this, please post on my wall, I need some advice!! :biggrin: Thanks so much, I'll leave you to it now!

Latest