The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
QFA

Original post by shadab786ahmed
QFA

More maths related problems :sigh:

If you guys (or others) could lend a hand it would be, again, much appreciated :smile:
You've no taste...

Rude. I just don't like chocolate a lot
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5382
Original post by benpearson1

If you guys (or others) could lend a hand it would be, again, much appreciated :smile:

For the first one, you've started off correctly, so good. It should be fairly straightforward now, you basically have to make x the subject. :smile:

I'll take a look at the second one in a sec.

Original post by Anonymous #2
Glad I am not the only one! :drool:

Bit irrelevant but my college shop has 'Congrats on your baby girl!' cards...:eek:

:five:

:lol: Those sorts of things would be appropriate in my Sixth Form tbh. :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Rude. I just don't like chocolate a lot

I feel sick :colone:
Reply 5384

For the second one, you've got the wrong expression for the discriminant. You've got the -12p-16 bit right but not the 2p22p^2 bit. Remember, you are squaring ALL of 2p, not just the p. :smile:
For the second one, you've got the wrong expression for the discriminant. You've got the -12p-16 bit right but not the 2p22p^2 bit. Remember, you are squaring ALL of 2p, not just the p. :smile:

Weird...that exact question was on my end of topic test!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I feel sick :colone:

Don't eat chocolate then :tongue:
Don't eat chocolate then :tongue:

I like it... How you don't is beyond rational thought... There's some psychology for you :wink:

Got them both now I think :smile:

Cheers

Edit:

Also, is the answer to the other one (if you've seen it) --> x = -k +- (root of k^2 -4)?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5389
Got them both now I think :smile:

Cheers

Edit:

Also, is the answer to the other one (if you've seen it) --> x = -k +- (root of k^2 -4)?

Awesome!

And yep, that looks right to me :yep:
I like it... How you don't is beyond rational thought... There's some psychology for you :wink:

Lol. Well psychology covers more important bases :tongue: and its just not that good.
Reply 5391
Honestly, I do prefer my sixth form to my secondary school. The teaching standard is better, the facilities are better and I have way more freedom here than my secondary school would ever think of giving us. All in all, yeah, selective schools have that edge, but you push yourself harder in non selectives I think

Really? Okay. I've been sleeping on it. I think I wouldn't gain a lot from moving so I think I'll stay. Thanks a lot though bobk!
Original post by nombo
Really? Okay. I've been sleeping on it. I think I wouldn't gain a lot from moving so I think I'll stay. Thanks a lot though bobk!

What was the problem at your school?
And its fine :smile:
Personally, I prefer psychology, its far more interesting. But biology is alright. It's definitely the subject I'm struggling the most with and there's A LOT to remember.

I know what you mean. I' think biology is piling on but psychology is very interesting.
Btw what is your other 2 options that you are doing. 😊

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5394
What was the problem at your school?
And its fine :smile:

That's the thing - there is no problem. There's no point me moving really, I don't see what else I would gain apart from a different social life, which I don't care too much about.
Double Games... :unimpressed:

You guys are lucky you don't have to abide by the stupid law of having to do Physical Education...

You guys are lucky you don't have to abide by the stupid law of having to do Physical Education...

PE is fun :tongue: you need to work out more!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Does anybody else find themselves comfort eating in college with vending machines within close proximity? :mmm:

Oh yes :colonhash: Drinking far too much coffee as well...

It's fun! :biggrin: I wish I still did it :rolleyes:
Free day for me! :woo: Just doing some biology re-cap on structures of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins :smile:

Latest