The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

just stream AJ :awesome:

since i cant torrent, ive pretty much given up on downloading, takes a couple of hours to download an ep with those uploading sites :s-smilie: and if the net cuts in the middle of it...:pinch: quality isnt that bad and its quick to marathon through a series, only exceptions that i wont stream but download are naruto and space bros, need hq for those 2 :coma:
Original post by eugenius 8
just stream AJ :awesome:

since i cant torrent, ive pretty much given up on downloading, takes a couple of hours to download an ep with those uploading sites :s-smilie: and if the net cuts in the middle of it...:pinch: quality isnt that bad and its quick to marathon through a series, only exceptions that i wont stream but download are naruto and space bros, need hq for those 2 :coma:

I considered that, but right now it'd take me a couple of hours to STREAM an episode - I've been rewatching Robot Wars (not anime, I know :zomg:) on Youtube, started one episode at about 11 PM last night, and (with numerous pauses to let it buffer) finished just before 2 AM. :sigh: Since I can hardly leave my computer on all week buffering videos, I may as well have it download torrents when I can. I am thinking of going for SD/480p releases for the new season, though.
read the first volume of Gakkou no Sensei, was pretty good :mmm: but then i found out the rest of the chapters werent translated :frown: completed series does not mean its all been translated as well :doh: think im gona go for full translated series from now on, i find manga can be a lot more addictive than anime sometimes :pinch: :s-smilie:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I considered that, but right now it'd take me a couple of hours to STREAM an episode - I've been rewatching Robot Wars (not anime, I know :zomg:) on Youtube, started one episode at about 11 PM last night, and (with numerous pauses to let it buffer) finished just before 2 AM. :sigh: Since I can hardly leave my computer on all week buffering videos, I may as well have it download torrents when I can. I am thinking of going for SD/480p releases for the new season, though.

oh god thats crap :frown: :console: ah fair enough, the ones i have been downloading are in 480p as well, tbh i dont see much of a difference between 720p and 480p :hmmmm:
read the first volume of Gakkou no Sensei, was pretty good :mmm: but then i found out the rest of the chapters werent translated :frown: completed series does not mean its all been translated as well :doh: think im gona go for full translated series from now on, i find manga can be a lot more addictive than anime sometimes :pinch: :s-smilie:

I'm having to fight the urge to start Cannon God Exaxxion, because it looks and sounds like a series I'd be interested in (and I'm already a fan of the manga-ka from Gunsmith Cats + Burst)... but Dark Horse dropped it at volume 5, on quite a cliffhanger apparently. I know that having the incomplete series on my shelves would irritate me big time, but I still keep considering it every time I feel like buying new manga. :o:

[EDIT] Okay, I just found out Exaxxion has been fully scanlated, so that's always an option... still prefer having the books, though. :sigh:

oh god thats crap :frown: :console: ah fair enough, the ones i have been downloading are in 480p as well, tbh i dont see much of a difference between 720p and 480p :hmmmm:

I don't notice a huge difference either to be honest. I usually just get 720p because it's there, and because my screen is big (a bit larger than 720, actually). But a lot of the older series I have are low res, and perfectly watchable. :yes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3824
I'm having to fight the urge to start Cannon God Exaxxion, because it looks and sounds like a series I'd be interested in [...] but Dark Horse dropped it at volume 5, on quite a cliffhanger apparently. I know that having the incomplete series on my shelves would irritate me big time, but I still keep considering it every time I feel like buying new manga. :o:

[EDIT] Okay, I just found out Exaxxion has been fully scanlated, so that's always an option... still prefer having the books, though. :sigh:

Exaxxion is certainly a thing. Like most of Sonoda's stuff it's to be shot through with his tastes, in good ways and bad ways.
pretty good ep of shippudden, next ep :teeth:

the new op on the other hand...:erm: new ed is a little better though

I'm having to fight the urge to start Cannon God Exaxxion, because it looks and sounds like a series I'd be interested in (and I'm already a fan of the manga-ka from Gunsmith Cats + Burst)... but Dark Horse dropped it at volume 5, on quite a cliffhanger apparently. I know that having the incomplete series on my shelves would irritate me big time, but I still keep considering it every time I feel like buying new manga. :o:

ive given up on buying manga, mainly cos i have no space to put it, and i cant really afford it :s-smilie: yeah feels a lot better having the books than reading scanlations especially with series that ive already started collecting, like yotsuba :pinch: reading the later volumes by scanlations just wasnt the same :s-smilie:

oh yeh i just remembered i bought a naruto movie and to love ru darkness manga :ninja: in french when i arrived in france a few weeks ago :colondollar: at virgin megastore :shock: they have a huge manga collection in there :adore:

I don't notice a huge difference either to be honest. I usually just get 720p because it's there, and because my screen is big (a bit larger than 720, actually). But a lot of the older series I have are low res, and perfectly watchable. :yes:

same here, hajime no ippo in 640 x 480 still looks amazing on my screen :coma: it does help with it having good quality animation :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
ive been reading aku no hana all night, its so stupid and crazy :rofl2: almost in tears in some of the dramatic scenes :toofunny:
My copy of Shirahime-syo has no dust cover. :sigh: The seller failed to mention that, though maybe they didn't know it was meant to have one. Just means that it looks like this:

Instead of like this:

aww that sucks AJ :frown:

for some odd reason i felt like rewatching that fight between neji and naruto :coma: neji was such a little twerp back then :mmm: now i feel like rewatching that massive fight in that arc :beard: think i can understand more of those advanced moves now, back then when i first watched the fight, i was like what are these random confusing epic moves coming out of nowhere :lolwut:
Reply 3829
Yay, it's the long awaited weekend, which means I can finally get my teeth into some anime, specifically stuff that's premiered this season. Will relay my thoughts later. :smile:
I'm dedicating this weekend to finishing as much of last season as possible - I haven't decided what to do with this season's new shows yet, might only pick up a few titles so that I don't get bogged down like I have for the past month. :sigh:
anyone read the most recent fairy tail manga and watch the most recent anime? ep 151 ?

I think this arc is quite good atm what are your opinions?
Original post by Numan786
anyone read the most recent fairy tail manga and watch the most recent anime? ep 151 ?

I think this arc is quite good atm what are your opinions?

I'm reading the manga right now and I think the latest chapter was quite good. Haven't seen the anime for a while, I didn't watch the fight on the island part, then I decided to skip to around 123 which is after the gap (I think). Is it worth watching from 123-151?
Reply 3833
Laptop has been dead for about a month now. Missed out on the last few weeks of some shows last season. Currently borrowing a laptop in the mean time and started on a few shows from this season.

Really enjoyed what I've seen so far of Shin Sekai Yori, Chuunibyou and Hidamari. Still got to watch JJBA and Robotics;Notes, whenever that starts up.
Reply 3834
SAO latest ep.

I feel conflicted. I know it wasn't that amazing,

Spoiler

But I was still touched by the what happened, and had to hold back the manly tears. The feels man.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3835
Yeah, I agree that the plot and character development in SAO has been rather random and abrupt, especially the conclusion of the latest episode. Nonetheless, I've still found the anime enjoyable overall and it's been one of the few I've genuinely looked forward to watching each week. Having not read the novels, it'll be interesting to see what happens next too.

Edit:

As for the new anime, I didn't manage to get through everything I was planning to watch yesterday, but I did catch a fair few. What stood out the most would probably be From the New World, Btooom! and K. The others were more run of the mill, but were enjoyable enough to warrant a second viewing, particularly Chuuninbyou.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've now finished Arcana Famiglia (lame), Yuru Yuri S2 (hilarious), Oda Nobuna (generic but pretty to the end), Jintai (what did I just watch?) and Rinne no Lagrange S2 (why did I bother watching?). Am also up to episode 12 on Binbougami-ga and Kokoro Connect, and hope to have the 12th episode of Tari Tari downloaded before speeds get throttled (even worse than they are already...) at ~6 PM. That's not as much as I'd hoped to get through this weekend, but I also have Tuesday and Wednesday off, so *hopefully* I'll finally be able to say goodbye to the sadly fragmented Summer season then. I can't bring myself to start anything new until I've done so!

I also resumed Soul Hunter, which I've not watched since visiting Reading in August... weird that, seeing as the series has been lying half-watched but fully downloaded on my hard drive the whole time my internet has been dodgy. :hmmmm2: I guess it's just a case of wanting what I can't have. :p: I've also had Zettai Karen Children stalled at eight episodes without good reason, might resume that as well. :smile:

[EDIT] FFS, what is with these major spoiler episode titles in Soul Hunter!? :mad: If a major character is going to die in this episode, I'd rather not know until it happens!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3837
SAO PV. YouTube preview image is a bit of a spoiler.

Spoiler

Reply 3838
Almost finished medaka box, wasnt that into it but it was ok generally,then it gets to the end and all of a sudden she's a super saiyan decendant :lolwut:

Also I just read the thread title as "testacles for all!" and was about to ask why the hell that was and how could I never have noticed till now.:lolwut:

Edit:
Finished Medaka box, the last ep was kind of dull in comparison.:hmmm:

Also finished Gundam age, last bit was kind of abrupt. But in general it was pretty much the expected ending. Although I was never keen on the character or mech designs to begin with the series turned out to be pretty good. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
man latest ep of SAO was so epic :cry2:

Spoiler

saw the first ep of Little Busters without checking what it was actually about, looks like it will be a fun show :mmm:

also first ep of BTOOOM was pretty interesting, its like LOST with bombs :ahee: main guy looks and sounds like a weak light yagami :mmm: oh and his mum is fecking creepy :afraid:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending