The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

New series :colone:
What a cliffhanger that was for the first episode.
Amaaazing first episode. I stayed up to watch it live, even though I had to be up at 9 the next day...worth it! I'm still reeling from how wonderful it was. :biggrin:
I liked it, beginning made me rage though when

Spoiler

luckily though it did manage to end on a good note, loved Klaus speech.
Reply 924
I am genuinely shocked that anyone enjoyed that episode. It had the exact same problems of the last few seasons, whereby they do a couple of jokes or set ups in the opening couple of minutes then just repeat them ad nauseum until the joke is completely ran into the ground.
Original post by Mess.
I am genuinely shocked that anyone enjoyed that episode. It had the exact same problems of the last few seasons, whereby they do a couple of jokes or set ups in the opening couple of minutes then just repeat them ad nauseum until the joke is completely ran into the ground.

Yup, only decent bits were Barney's 1min thing and Klaus' speech (but they even milked that by repeating the German words too many times)
Original post by Mess.

Yeah, by the end of last series it had reached a low point and I should have stopped watching it probably a couple of seasons before that. I couldn't help myself checking out last night's episode and it was just the blandest, most repetative, mid-numbing drivel. The writing is now totally sub-Neighbours/Hollyoaks/Eastenders/Home and Away etc. They've ridden the same old jokes and cliffhangers for so long now that there's just nowhere to go. The only thing that would draw my attention now is if they killed one or more of them off and replaced them with characters that had some potential.

It doesn't help that the main storyline is about Ted Moseby, a man with all the edge of satsuma, a sapless ninkompoop that frankly could do HIMYM a massive favour by throwing himself from one of his, no doubt, competent but uninspiring buildings. Seriously, who actually cares how you met yet another air-headed pratt, irregarless of whether this is the one you slid your curly little pigs-willy in to produce some, urgh, little Mosebys . Kill yourself already.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 927
In what series do Ted and Zoey realise they are in love with each other while Marshal is at home with his mum and brothers? It was on last night on E4, I'm getting rather lost watching different seasons! When is the new season on E4? I can't watch stuff online sadly :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 928
series 6
Reply 929
Monday nights episode was a ****ing disgrace. There wasn't a single redeeming feature in the entire episode.
Original post by Mess.
Monday nights episode was a ****ing disgrace. There wasn't a single redeeming feature in the entire episode.

Which one was this?
Reply 931
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Which one was this?

The Pre-Nup episode. ****ing disgraceful. No emotion, no comedy, no point.
Original post by Mess.
The Pre-Nup episode. ****ing disgraceful. No emotion, no comedy, no point.

I did not see that episode. Are you sure it was on Monday?
Reply 933
I did not see that episode. Are you sure it was on Monday?

:yep: As that is what day they are aired.
Original post by Mess.
:yep: As that is what day they are aired.

You must have watched it online then
Reply 935
You must have watched it online then

Obviously.
Original post by Mess.
Obviously.

I stopped doing that last season because I kept ruining it for myself
Reply 937
It seemed okay to me though they could have made it a bit more dramatic, i found the German to be quite funny.
I don't actually watch the show, because it's poo.

But I'm interested to know, have they revealed who the mother is yet? I bet it's Robin all along. I bet you.
No, it's not Robin. I'll be willing to make that bet, though. I could always do with more money.

I really like this week's episode...mostly for the ending. And for Quinn being gone YESSSS

Quick Reply

Latest