The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just handed in my CV lol
Reply 5461
Just had my job interview. :smile:
Now I've got a maths assignment, two chemistry homeworks, a French essay, some French past paper questions and some biology homework. :eek:
I haven't even been getting that much work apart from in Psychology :smile:
Original post by shyamshah
I haven't even been getting that much work apart from in Psychology :smile:

Me neither, the workload hasn't increased much compared to GCSE for me.
Although teachers are setting deadlines for the next day or the day after a lot more.
Reply 5464
Original post by SophF_rth
ah I know! It sucks :frown: When people said it was a step up for GCSE's I never believed them. But, now I know what they meant. :frown: Soooo much work! :frown:

Yup :sad: Still, half term is coming up soon! Hopefully there won't be too much work then... :tongue:
Can anyone help me with this economics question or know where I can get some help:smile:!
The world supply curve for tea is likely to shift left if there is an increase in:
A- the price of tea
B-wages of tea pickets
C-subsidies to tea producers
D-coffee prices

Any help would be much appreciated :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by usycool1
Yup :sad: Still, half term is coming up soon! Hopefully there won't be too much work then... :tongue:

True... But I have my english retake when we come back :wink: And then MOCKS! :'( I can't get away! :frown:
Reply 5467
Original post by Melissajanex
Can anyone help me with this economics question or know where I can get some help:smile:!
The world supply curve for tea is likely to shift left if there is an increase in:
A- the price of tea
B-wages of tea pickets
D-coffee prices

Okay a shift to the left in supply would mean the cost price going up so it would be B, the price would cause a movement alone the curve, subsidies would lower the price thus increasing supply and a shift to the right and coffee wouldn't have an effect :smile:
Reply 5468
A- the price of tea
B-wages of tea pickets
D-coffee prices

Thinking back to my economics lessons, I think it's B. Price doesn't shift the supply curve, it causes an extension/contraction. Subsidies will increase supply, causing it to shift to the right (not the left). And an increase in coffee prices will just decrease the demand of coffee so less will need to be supplied. So i think it's B. :tongue: I'm not 100% sure though (so correct me if I'm wrong, someone), I haven't done economics for a while now. :tongue:

True... But I have my english retake when we come back :wink: And then MOCKS! :'( I can't get away! :frown:

Ah that sucks. :sad: Still, I'm sure you'll do fine eventually. :tongue:
Reply 5469
Thinking back to my economics lessons, I think it's B. Price doesn't shift the supply curve, it causes an extension/contraction. Subsidies will increase supply, causing it to shift to the right (not the left). And an increase in coffee prices will just decrease the demand of coffee so less will need to be supplied. So i think it's B. :tongue: I'm not 100% sure though (so correct me if I'm wrong, someone), I haven't done economics for a while now. :tongue:

That is correct :yep:

Yeah, hopefully eventually :tongue: I'm so annoyed with myself for failing English though :wink: Ah well :tongue: Have you been given any tests yet?
Original post by lilGem
Okay a shift to the left in supply would mean the cost price going up so it would be B, the price would cause a movement alone the curve, subsidies would lower the price thus increasing supply and a shift to the right and coffee wouldn't have an effect :smile:

Thankyou:smile:!

Reply 5473

It's okay, I need a refresher of economics :smile:
Reply 5474
Yeah, hopefully eventually :tongue: I'm so annoyed with myself for failing English though :wink: Ah well :tongue: Have you been given any tests yet?

Never mind, you'll hopefully pass in November :biggrin: Yeah, we've had a biology test but that's all. :tongue: It wasn't too bad though in all honesty. You? :smile:

Original post by lilGem
That is correct :yep:

:awesome:

:smile:
Original post by lilGem
It's okay, I need a refresher of economics :smile:

Struggling with a few of the diagrams, guess i'll get used to them:biggrin:

Never mind, you'll hopefully pass in November :biggrin: Yeah, we've had a biology test but that's all. :tongue: It wasn't too bad though in all honesty. You? :smile:

Ah, not too bad. :smile: How did it go? Well, my school has decided to test everyone in every lesson to see whether they are suited to their course or not! I'm just revising for my maths tomorrow. :/
Reply 5477
Original post by Sheel1
Heys! Welcome to the thread :smile: . Have you tried using CGP books for the subects then doing the answer booklet based on that?

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/Images/Products/847/621/9781847621184_s_f.jpg

In addition, everytime you learn something in class spend at least 1 hour on that topic so you get the hang of it

Thankyou, Ill defo trying getting them :smile:
Reply 5478
Struggling with a few of the diagrams, guess i'll get used to them:biggrin:

Which diagrams? I'll see if I can help (I've already done A2 econ so have a fair bit of experience with it) :smile:
Reply 5479
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Welcome :biggrin: you're doing my courses :woo: so welcome double!

Haha cool:smile: Hope your having fun with them! what career would like to go into to? If you dont mind me asking')

Latest