The Student Room Group

Classics Revision HELP!

Heyy guys

I need to start revising for classics. this is the first time i have studied the subject and im not sure how to revise for it! im doing the OCR AS classics specification and for my exam i have to know 5 greek plays!!!

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks xx
Reply 1
Original post by dinosaur-dancer
Heyy guys

I need to start revising for classics. this is the first time i have studied the subject and im not sure how to revise for it! im doing the OCR AS classics specification and for my exam i have to know 5 greek plays!!!

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks xx

Which modules are you doing? If its Roman Italy or the Odyssey, I can help.
Heyy I'm doing the Odyssey and Greek tragedy! How are you revising for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by dinosaur-dancer
Heyy I'm doing the Odyssey and Greek tragedy! How are you revising for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learn a summary of each book
Go through the spec http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/ocr_9611_kd_gce_spec.pdf? and make notes on each point
Do some practise essay questions (the more you do, the more points you will have stored away for the real thing)
thank you so much!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I did exactly what you did; Greek tragedy and the Odyssey.
What I'd recommend is to actually know the plays inside out (you don't have to know all four, three will be enough! I only knew Ajax, Agamemnon and Medea and still got 91/100) and to make small summaries of them on your phone- when you're on the bus etc. you can always read through it and remember the key points of the play.
Btw. Last year Ajax was an essay question so I'm guessing this year it will be very likely to be a context question.

Fell free to pm me if you have any more questions! :smile:
Original post by Pinacoladee
I did exactly what you did; Greek tragedy and the Odyssey.
What I'd recommend is to actually know the plays inside out (you don't have to know all four, three will be enough! I only knew Ajax, Agamemnon and Medea and still got 91/100) and to make small summaries of them on your phone- when you're on the bus etc. you can always read through it and remember the key points of the play.
Btw. Last year Ajax was an essay question so I'm guessing this year it will be very likely to be a context question.

Fell free to pm me if you have any more questions! :smile:

hey do you have any theme ideas/quotes for the odyssey/medea??
thanks! bit stuck with revision
Original post by georgiamonty
hey do you have any theme ideas/quotes for the odyssey/medea??
thanks! bit stuck with revision

Hey, sorry this is late!

Ideas for Odyssey: Heroism/xenia, nostos, character profiles and how they contribute to the story, a lot of detail on Homeric society!

Ideas for Medea: Is she a traditional tragic hero? Sympathy, justice and revenge, and character profiles again!

Make timelines of the Odyssey and the plays so you know the plot really well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending