The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni offers 2013

Has anyone else got an offer yet? I sent my application off yesterday and this evening Glasgow sent me an offer for english literature (ABB) through track. So, so happy! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an offer for th MSc in Sustainable Energy....Anyone else???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
wowah that is so quick :smile: Massively happy for you - well done.
I sent my application off yesterday and got an unconditional for Politics/Sociology in today. I'm very happy :smile:

Well done to you!
Reply 4
Original post by arty
wowah that is so quick :smile: Massively happy for you - well done.

I know! So happy that they got back to me so quickly. Thank you :smile:

Original post by paralio7
I have an offer for th MSc in Sustainable Energy....Anyone else???

Congrats! :biggrin:

Original post by clairecatrina
I sent my application off yesterday and got an unconditional for Politics/Sociology in today. I'm very happy :smile:

Well done to you!

Ah, congratulations! :biggrin: And thank you! I'm definitely firming Glasgow when the rest of the universities get back to me. Is Glasgow your favourite too? :smile:
Reply 5
Sent my application off to Glasgow almost 3 weeks ago, had a confirmation email, but a bit worrying for me that all these offers are coming through so quickly, and nothing for me. :frown: Maybe the subject that I am hoping to study has not made any decisions yet though, so fingers crossed. Plus, I am a Mature Student too, applied to be admitted to 2nd year, so maybe that has something to do with it too. Fingers crossed anyhow. Congrats to all those with offers already though, well done!!
Original post by Loz-ox
I know! So happy that they got back to me so quickly. Thank you :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin:

Ah, congratulations! :biggrin: And thank you! I'm definitely firming Glasgow when the rest of the universities get back to me. Is Glasgow your favourite too? :smile:

I do adore Glasgow but I'm confused , very torn between Glasgow and Edinburgh. I may not even get in to Edinburgh but I'm going to wait before I firm. I've also applied to Cambridge (no chance), St Andrews and Aberdeen (do not want to go at all). I'm very, very happy to get an unconditional from Glasgow, it's such a good uni!
Reply 7
Hiya,
I sent my ucas off on Tuesday and got a conditional offer on Wednesday to study economics and German for ABB :smile:

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by NHAY86
Sent my application off to Glasgow almost 3 weeks ago, had a confirmation email, but a bit worrying for me that all these offers are coming through so quickly, and nothing for me. :frown: Maybe the subject that I am hoping to study has not made any decisions yet though, so fingers crossed. Plus, I am a Mature Student too, applied to be admitted to 2nd year, so maybe that has something to do with it too. Fingers crossed anyhow. Congrats to all those with offers already though, well done!!

Don't worry! It's probably because you're applying for second year admission. Not hearing anything yet doesn't mean they're going to reject you :smile: They might just have slightly different procedures for 2nd year admission/mature student admission. I wish you the best of luck though! :biggrin: x

Original post by clairecatrina
I do adore Glasgow but I'm confused , very torn between Glasgow and Edinburgh. I may not even get in to Edinburgh but I'm going to wait before I firm. I've also applied to Cambridge (no chance), St Andrews and Aberdeen (do not want to go at all). I'm very, very happy to get an unconditional from Glasgow, it's such a good uni!

If you're torn between the two then the best thing you can do is to research each extensively and weigh out the pros and cons. If you live in/near Scotland then it might be worth visiting both. Unfortunately I live in Cornwall so getting up to Scotland would be a trek and a half. Wow! Good unis though! I have a friend who is also applying to Cambridge but she doesn't think she has a chance either.. I didn't even want to risk applying haha, even though I do adore their English course.

Haha, I'm the same with Aberdeen! I applied because I like the course but after some extensive research I doubt I'll be putting it as my firm or insurance. x

Original post by anna__
Hiya,
I sent my ucas off on Tuesday and got a conditional offer on Wednesday to study economics and German for ABB :smile:
X

Congrats! :biggrin: x
Reply 9
Original post by Loz_ox
Don't worry! It's probably because you're applying for second year admission. Not hearing anything yet doesn't mean they're going to reject you :smile: They might just have slightly different procedures for 2nd year admission/mature student admission. I wish you the best of luck though! :biggrin: x

If you're torn between the two then the best thing you can do is to research each extensively and weigh out the pros and cons. If you live in/near Scotland then it might be worth visiting both. Unfortunately I live in Cornwall so getting up to Scotland would be a trek and a half. Wow! Good unis though! I have a friend who is also applying to Cambridge but she doesn't think she has a chance either.. I didn't even want to risk applying haha, even though I do adore their English course.

Haha, I'm the same with Aberdeen! I applied because I like the course but after some extensive research I doubt I'll be putting it as my firm or insurance. x

Congrats! :biggrin: x

Thank you. They actually contacted me on Wednesday afternoon to ask me to email them copies of my OU qualifications. So I emailed them straight back with the info they needed. So I take that as a good sign in a way. At least I know they are looking at it. And because they generally act quite quickly, I'm hopeful of hearing something next week.
Reply 10
Original post by NHAY86
Thank you. They actually contacted me on Wednesday afternoon to ask me to email them copies of my OU qualifications. So I emailed them straight back with the info they needed. So I take that as a good sign in a way. At least I know they are looking at it. And because they generally act quite quickly, I'm hopeful of hearing something next week.

Don't stop checking your email over the weekend either, I've heard unis give answers at the weekends too (I got my acknowledgement email at 5:30am, my ucas track at 6:45pm and the official glasgow email at 6am the next day) and do write at odd times. Good luck though! Where else have you applied and have you heard anything yet?:smile:
Reply 11
My school dont send our applications away until mid december! :frown: I really want to get it out of the way but at least it will save on the waiting game, cause I'm also torn between Glasgow and Edinburgh and I hear Edinburgh don't do their offers until February/March.
Reply 12
Original post by anna__
Don't stop checking your email over the weekend either, I've heard unis give answers at the weekends too (I got my acknowledgement email at 5:30am, my ucas track at 6:45pm and the official glasgow email at 6am the next day) and do write at odd times. Good luck though! Where else have you applied and have you heard anything yet?:smile:

Oh I know how emails can come through at funny times. I think I had an acknowledgement from Glasgow at 4.45am! Lol. So I always check my emails yes. I have also applied to Aberdeen, Liverpool, Durham and Southampton. How bout you?
Reply 13
Original post by NHAY86
Oh I know how emails can come through at funny times. I think I had an acknowledgement from Glasgow at 4.45am! Lol. So I always check my emails yes. I have also applied to Aberdeen, Liverpool, Durham and Southampton. How bout you?

At least I'm not the only one checking my emails 24/7 paha..! I've also applied to Sheffield, Cardiff, Reading and Essex (don't really want to go there but better than not applying anywhere else haha!)
Got an offer for ABB studying politics today!
I m just wondering - all of you who got offers from Glasgow - what were your ASs and what are your predicted A2 grades? I m just trying to see what my chances of getting an offer are.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
Original post by Elisabetta26
I m just wondering - all of you who got offers from Glasgow - what were your ASs and what are your predicted A2 grades? I m just trying to see what my chances of getting an offer are.

Hiya
My gcse grades werent that great so I thought that would knock me back but obviously they don't seem to look ( 1 A*, 3 A, 8 or 9 Bs and 2 Cs) and at AS I got ABBCD ( the C was in general studies and dropped the D) and I am now predicted AAB :smile:
What about you? What are you applying for x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for compsci - predicted grades are AAA, AS grades were AAAC.

Daughter got an offer (ABB) for Geography/Sociology last week, the day after applying!

Many people seem torn between Edinburgh and Glasgow. According to a relative of mine, who grew up in Edinburgh herself , there is a saying that 'A Glasgow funeral is more fun than an Edinburgh wedding!'
Well I visited both Glasgow and Edinburgh this summer since I m not from Scotland and Edinburgh just didnt do anything for me while I fell in love with Glasgow - really really hope I get in!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending