The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So not really kept up with phones in the last few months. Any new monsters on the horizon or is it the usual April wait? The iPhone is a bit of a damp squid. Never had so little interest in an Apple phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
omdz damp squib
Original post by silent ninja
So not really kept up with phones in the last few months. Any new monsters on the horizon or is it the usual April wait? The iPhone is a bit of a damp squid. Never had so little interest in an Apple phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keeping up with phones? What the **** do people do subscribe to a phone website about every single phone release? I buy a phone every couple of years see what is around, what I need and what I want to pay and then that's it for another year or two.
Original post by kratos90
Keeping up with phones? What the **** do people do subscribe to a phone website about every single phone release? I buy a phone every couple of years see what is around, what I need and what I want to pay and then that's it for another year or two.

I keep up with technology usually. This is a technology subforum.

You're a casual buyer. Good for you. I have generally been an early adopter of technologies in the past (whether this was phones-- had one of the very first Android devices, games consoles, blu ray players etc). Big difference.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8224

The new Nexus device is presumably coming again in November/December, but there've only been some vague rumours concerning it.

Original post by Kruz
Guy I've got a few questions about the Spotify app. One question can I use it offline? and also every track I download does it take a bit of my memory?

Similar to on the desktop, you can download Playlists that then become available offline (these obviously take up storage space). Songs/playlists that you haven't downloaded are streamed and possibly cached a bit, but not in a way that inhibits the rest of your phone.
Original post by estel
The new Nexus device is presumably coming again in November/December, but there've only been some vague rumours concerning it.

Ah yes, usually turns up out of nowhere early December. Should be interesting. Cant believe we're already about half way through this generation of phones (S3, One X). Time flies.
My software 4.1 update for my S3 came out today. If you go to the Android website it will tell you when jelly bean will be available for the S3

Posted from TSR Mobile
finally, a ROM for my phone! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: With tweaks! :woo:
Reply 8228
Upgrading my onex to 4.04 idk what the difference is or anything. Feels like I've missed out on so much phone gossip and what not lately.
Jelly bean out this month for the S3, One X & One S :excited:
I like jellybean.

I'm so sold on the next Nexus phone tbh.

Edit: I think this is my 1000th post in this thread. I'll reflect upon this and post tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8231
Release Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 already!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by es.c
Release Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 already!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I concur. Samsung can **** off to hell with their crappy support -_- As long as they reap in the profits for their latest flagship, they simply don't give a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, the fact that they've gotten rid of the glass on the back is pretty good, though never have they had a release that's felt so mind numbingly incremental as it were. "we made the screen half an inch bigger, got rid of google maps and gave it an aluminium body, where's my £600?".

Ah yes, usually turns up out of nowhere early December. Should be interesting. Cant believe we're already about half way through this generation of phones (S3, One X). Time flies.

Not quite, more like a quarter of the way through.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ahh I really regret getting the HTC Desire C now, I could have gotten the Sony Xperia U. Generally everything seems better on that phone, and it's got the front camera feature which the Desire C doesn't have :/.
Original post by Kruz
Ahh I really regret getting the HTC Desire C now, I could have gotten the Sony Xperia U. Generally everything seems better on that phone, and it's got the front camera feature which the Desire C doesn't have :/.

I have an Xperia U, it's a great little phone, my first android phone (although I've had an Android Tab for a year, and been messing with my dad's GS2 and DHD for 2 years).
Only downside of the U is no memory card slot which seems like a big omission. The LED bar is great (not sure on battery impact yes as I've not started using the phone fully yet). Updated to the French ICS, but am not using the phone as my main one until UK ICS is out, rooted it as well. Got it from CPW when they had it for £95 two weeks ago.
Original post by theronkinator
I have an Xperia U, it's a great little phone, my first android phone (although I've had an Android Tab for a year, and been messing with my dad's GS2 and DHD for 2 years).
Only downside of the U is no memory card slot which seems like a big omission. The LED bar is great (not sure on battery impact yes as I've not started using the phone fully yet). Updated to the French ICS, but am not using the phone as my main one until UK ICS is out, rooted it as well. Got it from CPW when they had it for £95 two weeks ago.

It's looks like a neat little phone, camera looks great and the LED bar looks quite nice. The only downside is that it doesn't have Ice Cream Sandwich, and apparently it hasn't been released yet for it.
Original post by theronkinator

What are the benefits of rooting?
Original post by Kruz
What are the benefits of rooting?

Over and under clocking.
Better IO governors.
More system tools.
Ad blocking.
More customisation.
Run SU apps.

Loads really.
Original post by mikeyd85
Over and under clocking.
Better IO governors.
More system tools.
Ad blocking.
More customisation.
Run SU apps.

Loads really.

Could you link me to a website which provides good roots? and also would I need to back up my stuff before rooting?

Latest

Trending

Trending