The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This sounds so boss it's unreal. If they rounded the corners a bit, it sounds like the perfect nexus device. A Quad-core Snapdragon S4 PRO alongside 2GB of RAM with 4G support, a 13 megapixel camera AND pure vanilla Android? Sign me the **** up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Damn HTC Desire has broken again. This time it just vibrates endlessly when I turn it on and the screen doesn't switch on.

...Hope they'll fix it for free again.
Original post by aliluvschoc
Damn HTC Desire has broken again. This time it just vibrates endlessly when I turn it on and the screen doesn't switch on.

...Hope they'll fix it for free again.

I had that problem four times with my Galaxy S - in the end they replaced it with an S2. They had completely wiped it three times, and I'd ended up paying a huge amount of postage and call costs by then...I'd have sooner have had a working phone that didn't mean the loss of everything I'd got saved on there.
I've found this rooting thing to help me, but I done the power + Volume down button and it's not going into bootloader mode...
Original post by G8D
I like the Nexus 'label' rumours. That anyone can make a Nexus device if they meet certain requirements.

Really? I'm not too sure. I think if you want variety and different flavours and the offerings of multiple manufacturers, you have that already under the Android moniker. What I think the nexus brand is good at, is marketing itself as the purest and most premium form of Android under the highest flagship device. It means that there can be one standard default setting for app-developers to have in mind, without dividing it even further between a whole host of different manufacturer specific nexus devices.

I'd much rather they kept it to one singular consistent nexus device for each release cycle. Otherwise the whole "nexus experience" becomes a little pointless. If manufacturers wish to provide vanilla-android, they can already do so without fudging up the nexus brand.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I had that problem four times with my Galaxy S - in the end they replaced it with an S2. They had completely wiped it three times, and I'd ended up paying a huge amount of postage and call costs by then...I'd have sooner have had a working phone that didn't mean the loss of everything I'd got saved on there.

Really? That doesn't sound great. I have about 2 months left on my contract so I'm going to start looking for a decent replacement now. It's been a good phone apart from these two times it's utterly died on me... :emo:
Original post by Kruz
It's looks like a neat little phone, camera looks great and the LED bar looks quite nice. The only downside is that it doesn't have Ice Cream Sandwich, and apparently it hasn't been released yet for it.

Mine has Ice Cream Sandwich, I just put the French update on, but UK one should follow shortly. I want root so I can use apps like Wifi Kill and Droidsheep.
Original post by aliluvschoc
Really? That doesn't sound great. I have about 2 months left on my contract so I'm going to start looking for a decent replacement now. It's been a good phone apart from these two times it's utterly died on me... :emo:

It wasn't. The phone was less than 6 months old the first time it happened, it was away for 3+ weeks at a time, and the record was it lasted 37 days before it died again. I had the phone in total for around 9/10 months before they replaced it I think.
Original post by theronkinator
Mine has Ice Cream Sandwich, I just put the French update on, but UK one should follow shortly. I want root so I can use apps like Wifi Kill and Droidsheep.

Oh really? **** I should have done a bit more research before purchasing the phone.
Original post by Kruz
Oh really? **** I should have done a bit more research before purchasing the phone.

ICS only came out last week to be fair.
Original post by theronkinator
ICS only came out last week to be fair.

but apparently if I root my HTC Desire C I could get the jellybean up date...
Not liking the look of the LG Nexus phone. Firstly because it's LG, and secondly because of a maximum 16gb of storage with no card slot. Really? This thing is gonna sell as fast as Bermuda shorts in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw somewhere that that was shot down as the internal name of the Nexus S
Original post by silent ninja
Not liking the look of the LG Nexus phone. Firstly because it's LG, and secondly because of a maximum 16gb of storage with no card slot. Really? This thing is gonna sell as fast as Bermuda shorts in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LG can burn and go to hell with their mobile phone division.
Original post by mikeyd85
LG can burn and go to hell with their mobile phone division.

Didn't you used to have a 2X? Cos that where the LG love is coming from lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silent ninja
Didn't you used to have a 2X? Cos that where the LG love is coming from lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep:

The useless brick of **** that was! :lol:

Shame really - it was blisteringly fast at the time, felt great in the hand and had a decent screen. It's software massively let it down, as did LG's ongoing support.
Will the Samsung Galaxy S3 have a camera as decent as the iPhone? I know they have the same spec more or less but you can't always rely on that.

My HTC Desire has broken again and I've always considered the camera on that to be really bad.. I was looking at the HTC One X but I'm not going to bother now I know it doesn't have a micro SD slot.

I've Googled it myself a few times, just wondered whether anyone here had seen anything that actually compared the two. Bit of a last resort, if you will.

edit: I've just found something :mmm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1iAMvddQI

Compares it to the 4S rather than the 5 but I don't think they've updated the camera anyway, I'm not sure there's much in it. :h: It's certainly better than the one I have anyhow. I've always been jealous of the pictures my fiancée takes on his 4S so I think this might do the trick.
(edited 11 years ago)
I got rid of Apex, went back to Touchwiz UX (never gave it a chance). I quite like it actually...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending