The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8960
Original post by paddyman4
Only just saw the episode - thought it was great. I liked the book concept - I didn't see it coming so when the Doctor suddenly realises he's reading about Rory that was a cool change of tone. Thought the acting was very good considering the temptation to overact with a script like that - I like the Doctor's reaction after reading the chapters, and Amy and Rory's exchange on the rooftop. I kept thinking that I would kill myself in that position for the reasons given in the show, but didn't expect it to go that way.

Flicked through the last few pages: people need to complain about plot holes less. I'd rather have inconsistencies and unexplained things than restrict the show. I do think they could have made the episode a special feature length one though.

EDIT: Also, just realised that when Amy reads ahead, the doctor breaks something - but then the doctor breaks nothing: River breaks her own wrist...

Amy read that the Doctor said that he'd have to break something because Amy told him that he would. She didn't read the actual action of River's wrist being broken, if you get what I mean. Therefore, nothing changed.
Someone advice me, is it worth watching last nights episode? I missed it, but don't want my time to be wasted if it's generally considered aweful. :smile:
Original post by Future_Dr
Someone advice me, is it worth watching last nights episode? I missed it, but don't want my time to be wasted if it's generally considered aweful. :smile:

There was no episode last night, the angels one last week was the last one until Christmas.
Original post by Future_Dr

Well at least that's an easy one to answer - there was no episode last night. And there will be no more until Christmas.

EDIT: Beaten to it!
Original post by Feefifofum
Well at least that's an easy one to answer - there was no episode last night. And there will be no more until Christmas.

Original post by Alofleicester
There was no episode last night, the angels one last week was the last one until Christmas.

:redface: lol. well that takes care of that. Thanks
Original post by chernid

Amy read that the Doctor said that he'd have to break something because Amy told him that he would. She didn't read the actual action of River's wrist being broken, if you get what I mean. Therefore, nothing changed.

Your sig is amazing. :h:
Original post by Feefifofum

My Saturday night was so boring! I turned on BBC1 and waited for Doctor Who... :frown:
Just been watching classic Doctor Who. Colin Baker is seriously underrated, in my opinion. :cookie:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Just been watching classic Doctor Who. Colin Baker is seriously underrated, in my opinion. :cookie:

:ditto:

The Trial of a Time Lord is simply awesome.

I just logged onto TSR so I could post that on here. I agree: beautiful.
:cry2: why do you do this to my emotions?
I can't believe I used to be so anti-Rory. :sad:

They really are.

I don't think I have the emotional capacity to watch these :sad:
Here's a random thought.

The Angels can't look at each other otherwise they turn to stone. So, how do they make babies? :holmes:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Here's a random thought.

The Angels can't look at each other otherwise they turn to stone. So, how do they make babies? :holmes:

...inventively.

I imagine there's a Karma Sutra for weeping angels :p:
Here's a random thought.

I'd assume either lights off, closed eyes (something to stop them actually seeing each other) or just reproducing asexually?
Here's a random thought.

From behind...? :tongue:
Here's a random thought.

Reverse cowgirl.

Latest