The Student Room Group

TSR Class of 2012 society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SecretDuck
A platformer which will be similar to Spyro. I've seen one game on the iPhone mimic Crash bandicoot but not one for Spyro.

But other than that :iiam:
:wink:

Hmmm...

That will be technical... :redface:

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmmm...

That will be technical... :redface:

I seek to push smartphones to their very limit. Within reason, of course. :wink:
I seek to push smartphones to their very limit. Within reason, of course. :wink:

Ahah, how do you move the characters?

Ahah, how do you move the characters?

I will make the characters using reference photos in Blender (a 3D program), rig them (make simulated bones for them) and then animate them.

Then I'll make my own textures in Gimp and colour them with the textures!

It would take pretty long to master it but I'll get there in the end.

PS. I honestly think you should've changed your name to SecretFish.
I will make the characters using reference photos in Blender (a 3D program), rig them (make simulated bones for them) and then animate them.

Then I'll make my own textures in Gimp and colour them with the textures!

It would take pretty long to master it but I'll get there in the end.

PS. I honestly think you should've changed your name to SecretFish.

Bur after you make them... How will it play?

Will it be like the little analog stick?

And ahah, I like the signature one I have...

Bur after you make them... How will it play?

Will it be like the little analog stick?

And ahah, I like the signature one I have...

Yeah, it will have the little analog stick but a bit bigger than in other games.
Yeah, it will have the little analog stick but a bit bigger than in other games.

Aah okay! What's the storyline? :colone:

Aah okay! What's the storyline? :colone:

I really don't want to spoil it for anyone but the general premise is that treasure gets stolen from a very important person and you have to recover them all in the different levels. It's not really fully developed yet - I will develop it as I go along.

Too much like Spyro?
I really don't want to spoil it for anyone but the general premise is that treasure gets stolen from a very important person and you have to recover them all in the different levels. It's not really fully developed yet - I will develop it as I go along.

Too much like Spyro?

Hmmm...

Maybe you should have it really unique for you!

Because then its like angry birds as well xD stealing babies from important birds :tongue:

But as a general one, it's great! :smile:

Hmmm...

Maybe you should have it really unique for you!

Because then its like angry birds as well xD stealing babies from important birds :tongue:

But as a general one, it's great! :smile:

It's just a general idea but I'll make it unique in the end.

It's just a general idea but I'll make it unique in the end.

Well, if it gets released I'll buy it :wink:

Well, if it gets released I'll buy it :wink:

I'll tell you when it is already playable. :wink:

Smurfs works now - I reinstalled it and when I came back to the village, the smurfs all greeted me. I feel loved by them. :love:

Still having technical issues with the game mod. I'm going to ask a certain guy for help as he's very knowledgeable about the technical problems. That way, I hope that I'll get closer to making it completely bug free. December's the deadline :afraid:
I'll tell you when it is already playable. :wink:

Smurfs works now - I reinstalled it and when I came back to the village, the smurfs all greeted me. I feel loved by them. :love:

Still having technical issues with the game mod. I'm going to ask a certain guy for help as he's very knowledgeable about the technical problems. That way, I hope that I'll get closer to making it completely bug free. December's the deadline :afraid:

Can't wait!!! :biggrin:

:awesome:
Why is there a deadline?

Can't wait!!! :biggrin:

:awesome:
Why is there a deadline?

I set it myself. I want the game mod off my back tbh - I've worked on it since 2008. All content is done - I just need to fix the damn bugs :angry:

After playing harry potter today, that made me want to make my iPhone game even more. :frown:
I set it myself. I want the game mod off my back tbh - I've worked on it since 2008. All content is done - I just need to fix the damn bugs :angry:

After playing harry potter today, that made me want to make my iPhone game even more. :frown:

Aah, I see, what's a game mod? Can't you just do it whenever?

And how do bugs arise?

Soon secret duck... Soon :smile:

Aah, I see, what's a game mod? Can't you just do it whenever?

And how do bugs arise?

Soon secret duck... Soon :smile:

Only on Sundays :sadnod:

I'm basically expanding on an old abandoned project called Ashes of Apocalypse. It was supposed to have weekly updates but after one update, the creators became unreachable. Hence I come in and I've worked on it ever since. It's running on the same engine as the game Morrowind but it is seperate from the game itself.

The bugs arised when I was fixing "local ref" bugs (it's complicated) and basically two levels with the same coordinates on the world map overlapped and there's a huge hole where one of the main cities used to be.

Yep, bugs arise and I have to fix them. I so got to put this in my CV :wink:
Only on Sundays :sadnod:

I'm basically expanding on an old abandoned project called Ashes of Apocalypse. It was supposed to have weekly updates but after one update, the creators became unreachable. Hence I come in and I've worked on it ever since. It's running on the same engine as the game Morrowind but it is seperate from the game itself.

The bugs arised when I was fixing "local ref" bugs (it's complicated) and basically two levels with the same coordinates on the world map overlapped and there's a huge hole where one of the main cities used to be.

Yep, bugs arise and I have to fix them. I so got to put this in my CV :wink:

Yes, yes you do :colone:

Yeah, but where do bugs "come from" errors in your inputting?

Yes, yes you do :colone:

Yeah, but where do bugs "come from" errors in your inputting?

Poorly written code by me and/or the game engine screwing me over.

I just checked the original creators' profiles and they were active on the modding site when my expansion of their project was announced. Funny thing is that I ask for permission to expand on things which have potential and never got a reply. I think they are aware of my project...secretly.
Poorly written code by me and/or the game engine screwing me over.

I just checked the original creators' profiles and they were active on the modding site when my expansion of their project was announced. Funny thing is that I ask for permission to expand on things which have potential and never got a reply. I think they are aware of my project...secretly.

They are watching you :colone: sorry for these short replies :frown:

They are watching you :colone: sorry for these short replies :frown:

Don't worry about it :wink:

I was tempted at first to tell them about it but they didn't reply to my PMs before so I think it's a lost cause in terms of contacting them.

Btw do you think my avatar and pink username is really confusing? Thomsponic7 and emooz told me that it is.

Quick Reply

Latest