The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So looking forward to this. :drool: All the more so because the title could be all but over by tonight.
Original post by Jordan_1
Who do we think will win the La Liga this year? Remember it was close last year but Barca have improved their squad, especially with Villa being back.

However will they see the same success with Vilanova??

I think Barca will win as they have started the season beautifully and Messi will break his own record this season also...Vilanova is just as amazing as Pep :biggrin:
Original post by SuaadBayleh
I think Barca will win as they have started the season beautifully and Messi will break his own record this season also...Vilanova is just as amazing as Pep :biggrin:

Hmm. Hasn't Messi now gone three games without scoring? A veritable drought there...
Original post by jam277
Wow, they're playing it over the milan derby, I feel so sorry for italian football, such a non league these days in europe even germany has got better than them. I think I might have to go to a bar to watch it. Don't want to watch it on stream and it keeps on lagging as that'll piss me off so much.

Just wondering, would you guys watch a milan derby over a dortmund-schalke or a dortmund bayern match?

No way Dortmund Bayern is an absolute cracker of a match the atmosphere is insane and Luckily ive managed to experience one shame there were no goals...

Unless it was sort of 2005 milan and 2009 inter then i would but right now Italian football is dreadful in my opinion.
Original post by KingMessi
So looking forward to this. :drool: All the more so because the title could be all but over by tonight.

Doubt it. Even if madrid lost(which I can't see due to the lack of centre backs at barca or defensive cover with muniesa injured and bartra being the only one fit for cover) barca almost closed an 11 point gap last season and still got 93 points. Would be interesting to see mourinho's game plan, whether to go for a draw or win the match, winning the match would give them momentum, but if they go for the win they could be setting themselves up for a loss as players will get tired running around and barca can be devastating when a team has been tired out. Saying that valencia gave barca a tough time by staying narrow rather than going for the attack. I reckon madrid will try to work hard and score early and then defend narrow and deep. Madrid tend to score first in the fixture the past few fixtures and barca take some time to settle into the game. If we see the madrid of the past 2-3 weeks it'll be a tough match for barca to win.
Key to this, get off to a good start. We always seem to piss about with the ball in the first 15 then we find some rhythm. We need to take it from the start and make them chase us and not make so many mistakes. Also can Valdes play like a good keeper and not screw up? :tongue:ray:
Original post by johnharris19944
No way Dortmund Bayern is an absolute cracker of a match the atmosphere is insane and Luckily ive managed to experience one shame there were no goals...

Unless it was sort of 2005 milan and 2009 inter then i would but right now Italian football is dreadful in my opinion.

Join the club, I wanna go germany and watch dortmund/bayern. My friend watched a leverkusen match and he said the atmosphere was fantastic, germany is going up the rankings and with their national team deservedly so. Hopefully dortmund get out of their group(even though I wanna see madrid win the CL and man city do better in europe this season) I want to see germany do better in the champions league, I doubt schalke will fluke it to the semis again as their team isn't strong enough while inter just bottled it after scoring that cracker of a goal and it's boring just seeing bayern be the only german team that does well.

Saying that. It's just going to be english team/teams(one or two of united/chelsea), barca and madrid again in the semis/final with bayern as well maybe.
Reply 627
Original post by jam277
Doubt it. Even if madrid lost(which I can't see due to the lack of centre backs at barca or defensive cover with muniesa injured and bartra being the only one fit for cover) barca almost closed an 11 point gap last season and still got 93 points. Would be interesting to see mourinho's game plan, whether to go for a draw or win the match, winning the match would give them momentum, but if they go for the win they could be setting themselves up for a loss as players will get tired running around and barca can be devastating when a team has been tired out. Saying that valencia gave barca a tough time by staying narrow rather than going for the attack. I reckon madrid will try to work hard and score early and then defend narrow and deep. Madrid tend to score first in the fixture the past few fixtures and barca take some time to settle into the game. If we see the madrid of the past 2-3 weeks it'll be a tough match for barca to win.

I would be very suprised if Madrid were expansive. I agree they will look to get a goal and defend narrow and break quickly when they get a chance as Barca still look vulnerable on the counter
Reply 628
Original post by johnharris19944
Key to this, get off to a good start. We always seem to piss about with the ball in the first 15 then we find some rhythm. We need to take it from the start and make them chase us and not make so many mistakes. Also can Valdes play like a good keeper and not screw up? :pray:

Haven't seen lightning starts from Barca this season just like haven't seen any quick starts in last few years. Need wide men to play as wide men and stretch the madrid back line
Original post by jahuss65
I would be very suprised if Madrid were expansive. I agree they will look to get a goal and defend narrow and break quickly when they get a chance as Barca still look vulnerable on the counter

I mean that madrid will be a bit rampant, they'll try and kill barca off quickly with 1 or two early goals, for that they'll need to be expansive and from there they can defend. I doubt mourinho thinks he can 1-0 them. This isn't a cup final or a two legged tie and they need to at least draw and a win would put a lot of pressure on barca mentally.

Original post by jahuss65
Haven't seen lightning starts from Barca this season just like haven't seen any quick starts in last few years. Need wide men to play as wide men and stretch the madrid back line

Been saying this for the past year, playing in the middle doesn't work(unless messi has the game of his life) against a team that's good defensively and would stay compact and narrow, pedro offers width and pace. He should start with david villa today tbh, they're both ambidextrous and work well on both wings.

Just wondering whether madrid will play essien? Mourinho seems to like him a lot hence starting him vs man city plus I want him to get back to form anyway as a chelsea fan.
Anyone know which channel to watch the Clasico on?
Reply 631
Original post by Victor-PP
Anyone know which channel to watch the Clasico on?

Sky Sports 1.:top:

This was posted in-between my self pleasure activities on my brand new Samsung Galaxy S III :colonhash:
Reply 632
Official Real Madrid starting XI:

Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Khedira, Alonso; Ozil, Cristiano Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema

Official Barcelona starting line-up:

Valdes; Dani Alves, Mascherano, Adriano, Jordi Alba; Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas; Pedro, Messi, Iniesta

Adriano at CB! (never played their for Barca) and why no Sanchez????
Original post by jit987

Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Khedira, Alonso; Ozil, Cristiano Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema

Valdes; Dani Alves, Mascherano, Adriano, Jordi Alba; Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas; Pedro, Messi, Iniesta

The only reason why I can see Adriano at CB is because he is quite quick. Still would have preferred Song though.
Reply 634
Original post by CB91
The only reason why I can see Adriano at CB is because he is quite quick. Still would have preferred Song though.

But he has little or no experience playing there?
Original post by jit987
But he has little or no experience playing there?

That's what im worried about. I don't like the idea of Ronaldo or Benzema against our defence in the air.
Probably a 3-4-3
Reply 637
Original post by jit987

Whenever I've seen Adriano play, his positioning has been somewhat erratic. It would probably never have crossed my mind to play him at CB. :beard: I suppose Tito's seen something in training that we haven't.
Reply 638
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Probably a 3-4-3

For barca? Doubt it, for 3 at the back you need three cb's or atleast 2 and then 1 other player. It's usual system with adriano at cb and prob iniesta on the left
You guys sure its not like this?

Valdes

Alves Busquets Mascherano Alba

Xavi

Fabregas Iniesta

Pedro Messi Adriano

Would think thats the formation?

Latest