The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shyamshah
Thank you very much :smile: How would I work out the standard deviation then?

σ=x2n(xn)2=310+56825(50+8625)2\sigma = \sqrt{\frac{\sum x^2}{n} - (\frac{\sum x}{n})^2} = \sqrt{\frac{310+568}{25}-(\frac{50+86}{25})^2}
σ=2.35\sigma = 2.35

Is that right?
Original post by -bethan-
Haha, stick to Psychology, it sounds more interesting, trust me :tongue:
I certainly am, and I know now I could've gone back and done better, it was just my attitude that let me down towards maths :facepalm: :tongue:
Ah you'll be fine! You got an A* for goodness sake, well done! :woo:

I shall: D
That's good, at least you know now what went wrong I guess :tongue:
Lol, well, um, I'm not transferring well enough :tongue: I'll just revise a lot.
Original post by The Techie
σ=x2n(xn)2=310+56825(50+8625)2\sigma = \sqrt{\frac{\sum x^2}{n} - (\frac{\sum x}{n})^2} = \sqrt{\frac{310+568}{25}-(\frac{50+86}{25})^2}
σ=2.35\sigma = 2.35

Is that right?

Yep! Thank you soooo much :wink:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I shall: D
That's good, at least you know now what went wrong I guess :tongue:
Lol, well, um, I'm not transferring well enough :tongue: I'll just revise a lot.

Haha good :wink:
Yes, yes I do, I feel terrible about it :rolleyes:
Oh you'll be fine, trust me, it's just practise and lots of revision isn't it, as with most subjects :yep: 14th January is the exam right? (if you're the same date as me :tongue: )
Haha good :wink:
Yes, yes I do, I feel terrible about it :rolleyes:
Oh you'll be fine, trust me, it's just practise and lots of revision isn't it, as with most subjects :yep: 14th January is the exam right? (if you're the same date as me :tongue: )

Don't worry about it. What's done is done :smile: work on getting the A at AS.
And I guess so :tongue: I am definitely going to revise hard for it
And um, I'm not doing C1 in january :tongue: doing them all in June
Reply 5885
Hey guys my oyster card has expired whats the cheapest week long bus ticket that I can buy
Don't worry about it. What's done is done :smile: work on getting the A at AS.
And I guess so :tongue: I am definitely going to revise hard for it
And um, I'm not doing C1 in january :tongue: doing them all in June

I most certainly will *gets out me textbook* haha :lol:
Me too! Oh you lucky thing, you have ages! :tongue: I'm so scared :afraid:
Original post by diggy
Hey guys my oyster card has expired whats the cheapest week long bus ticket that I can buy

Order a 16+ oyster or get a monthly ticket
I most certainly will *gets out me textbook* haha :lol:
Me too! Oh you lucky thing, you have ages! :tongue: I'm so scared :afraid:

Lol, yupp. you do that :wink:
Not lucky, if I flop C1 I'm June, I'll have to retake in. A2. 
(edited 11 years ago)
Good! As have I, it's a lot to get used to isn't it, the workload is a massive step up :eek: Yes there is, I always feel I have something to do :tongue:
Yeah great thanks :biggrin: stressed in the first few weeks but a bit better now :biggrin: how you finding your subjects? :smile:

Aww thats great then! :h: Yeah, I know :sad:
Subjects are going well and as always, english :love: I finished 'the colour purple' last week and now I'm doing analysis and I must say that it's one intense and thought-provoking book! It's amazing :biggrin: Biology lessons are fun actually, since I always get the wrong answer, but I'm learning so that's what really matters :smile: I'm really enjoying RS and Economics too. How are your subjects coming along? :tongue:
Original post by justanotherindigo
Subjects are going well and as always, english :love: I finished 'the colour purple' last week and now I'm doing analysis and I must say that it's one intense and thought-provoking book! It's amazing :biggrin: Biology lessons are fun actually, since I always get the wrong answer, but I'm learning so that's what really matters :smile: I'm really enjoying RS and Economics too. How are your subjects coming along? :tongue:

Economics! :woo: What board are you doing that with?

Oh English, how I miss thee :frown: Ooh, I am still yet to take a visit to the library, but when I do, it'll be on my list of books to get :awesome: thought-provoking, mind-enticing books are always the best, full stop. :biggrin: Oh of course, it's better to get it wrong half the time, then you learn from it :biggrin: Oh good, happy you like all your subjects :biggrin:
Good thanks, love Biology, it's so interesting :love: I'm also enjoying Maths and Physics too, but they're getting more difficult as time goes on :erm: Chemistry is very interesting but it's just a lot to get your head around at times! :eek: hopefully it'll get easier as time goes on :h:
Original post by justinawe
Economics! :woo: What board are you doing that with?

I'm doing Edexcel! You? :woo: :woo:
Order a 16+ oyster or get a monthly ticket

Lol, yupp. you do that :wink:
Not lucky, if I flop C1 I'm June, I'll have to retake in. A2. 

Haha, I will :u: :wink:
That's true :h: I suppose the pros and cons balance themselves as they do for doing it in January :/ as you'll be fine though, you've got the brains! :biggrin:
Haha, I will :u: :wink:
That's true :h: I suppose the pros and cons balance themselves as they do for doing it in January :/ as you'll be fine though, you've got the brains! :biggrin:

Good good :wink:
That's true I suppose :tongue:, and let's hope I do, I really don't want to be arrogant and then end up getting something like BCCC.
I'm doing Edexcel! You? :woo: :woo:

Same! :biggrin: I'm really enjoying it too, plus my other 3 subjects are pretty similar, so it's quite refreshing to do something different every now and then :smile:
That's true I suppose :tongue:, and let's hope I do, I really don't want to be arrogant and then end up getting something like BCCC.

But the availability of having January exams is much better I think... Because between September and January there is plenty of time to prepare for an exam, even two exams...

And then you have another chance as well :wink:

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:

You'll end up with AAAA, come on now! You will with the amount of work and the goal of a Medicine degree in your sites :eek: it should be enough to motivate us both :lol: how are you for work experience?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
But the availability of having January exams is much better I think... Because between September and January there is plenty of time to prepare for an exam, even two exams...

And then you have another chance as well :wink:

That's true my friend...but it just seems to come so...quickly :afraid: :tongue:
That's true my friend...but it just seems to come so...quickly :afraid: :tongue:

But then June will be here too! :redface: plus you have nice Christmas Holidays to revise!

Original post by L'Evil Fish
But then June will be here too! :redface: plus you have nice Christmas Holidays to revise!

True, true! Oh yey, I no doubt will be revising on Christmas day with both Chemistry and Maths....eek, I'll be so scared :afraid: Oh and general studies, which I DO NOT want to do :mad2: :huff: :lol:

Latest