The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
At.Madrid insist Falcao will stay rest of season,but 60m sale would sort their debts. Decision not totally in their hands @revistadelaliga

Surely having him until the summer and then cashing in would make more sense? That way when they get to the CL they get the extra revenue from being in that competition as well as the lump sum from selling him.
Reply 661
Original post by The Baron
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
At.Madrid insist Falcao will stay rest of season,but 60m sale would sort their debts. Decision not totally in their hands @revistadelaliga

Surely having him until the summer and then cashing in would make more sense? That way when they get to the CL they get the extra revenue from being in that competition as well as the lump sum from selling him.

Only if they can afford to keep him. They have already fell behind on payments for him, which I imagine is costing them a fortune in financial penalties.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 662
Balague's talking *******s. 60m wouldn't come close to covering Atléti's debts.
Anyone think that valencia are down and out for making top 4 this season?
Original post by jam277
Anyone think that valencia are down and out for making top 4 this season?

No? It's only 7 games in.
Original post by CB91
No? It's only 7 games in.

Yeah true, was gonna say that, although atletico and malaga are looking strong so far I think valencia will pick up.
Should never have hired a total rookie manager.

But, i believe they will improve.

I think it will be between them and Malaga for 4th.
Actually thats a good point by the people at Revista, what happens if Catalonia got independence from Spain? What would happen to Barcelona in the league.
Original post by johnharris19944
Actually thats a good point by the people at Revista, what happens if Catalonia got independence from Spain? What would happen to Barcelona in the league.

They'll stay there. If swansea can play in the prem then it's possible.
Original post by Laertes
Balague's talking *******s. 60m wouldn't come close to covering Atléti's debts.

How much are they?
Original post by The Entity
Should never have hired a total rookie manager.

But, i believe they will improve.

I think it will be between them and Malaga for 4th.

I don't even know why they got rid of emery in the first place, he was a quality manager and did the best he could do, had they given him a couple of years he could have closed the gap, the stadium debt is the main reason why they were so far away from madrid and barca? How does the tv rights system work anyway.
Reply 671
Original post by KingMessi
How much are they?

Hundreds of millions. Their tax bill alone is about €150m. It depends who you believe but they've got at least, another couple of hundred million in other debts. Swiss Ramble had their debts as ~€500m in June 2011.
Original post by jam277
I don't even know why they got rid of emery in the first place, he was a quality manager and did the best he could do, had they given him a couple of years he could have closed the gap, the stadium debt is the main reason why they were so far away from madrid and barca? How does the tv rights system work anyway.

Emery's time was up, imo.

Not that up they should hire a rookie manager like Pellegrino...but their run of form in the league in 2012 was shocking and one of the worst in the league.
Reply 673

I think it's impossible to say at this stage: it would depend a lot on the nature of how independence was achieved, the feelings between Spain and Catalonia, etc And perhaps also to an extent on the standard of the subsequent Catalan league (that would presumably be set up :colondollar:).

The impact on the international stage would also be hugely interesting. :beard:
Independence will be a long process, they've been fighting for years so it is going to take time. But could have dramatic consequences for the league and internationally aswell. I've always believed that Barcelona's Catalan players, who espouse a diplomatic stance when it comes to talking "passionately" about playing for Spain, might feel a tad more happier playing for Catalunya. But I'm sure they play for a Catalunya side in pre-season don't they, sure they had a few friendlies.

But catching Revista, discussed the Mourinho/Casillas/Ramos beef. Saying the Ramos one was somewhat resolved but the Casillas one is down to possibly him being the whistleblower on stories inside camps. If you look at Mourinho at Chelsea for example, you'd never imagine he'd challenge the authority in Terry/Cech but I wonder what his motivation is. Whether to stir them in action like Graham Hunter suggested or if it's the beginning of the end of his time in Madrid.
I think even if Catalonia got independence, then all teams from that region would still play in Liga. If they didn't then the Catalan league would be made up of about 5 pro teams and a bunch of amateur teams. It would be like Welsh teams playing in the PL.
Abidal is back in training and supposedly comes back at the end of October or November. If it happens its absolutely wonderful news! was one of our most consistent performers and best defenders last season in a pretty poor defense the only one who kept playing well.
Reply 677
Original post by CB91
I think even if Catalonia got independence, then all teams from that region would still play in Liga. If they didn't then the Catalan league would be made up of about 5 pro teams and a bunch of amateur teams. It would be like Welsh teams playing in the PL.

Might actually be an idea to dissolve the existing teams and have them start anew? It would probably distribute the talent better and be good for football in the region.

Of course, it probably wouldn't be very good for the businesses behind the clubs, so it doesn't really have a chance of happening. :colonhash:

Abidal is back in training and supposedly comes back at the end of October or November. If it happens its absolutely wonderful news! was one of our most consistent performers and best defenders last season in a pretty poor defense the only one who kept playing well.

That's great news! Is there any word on how much longer he might play? I was under the impression that he wasn't coming back at all!
Original post by Abiraleft
Might actually be an idea to dissolve the existing teams and have them start anew? It would probably distribute the talent better and be good for football in the region.

Of course, it probably wouldn't be very good for the businesses behind the clubs, so it doesn't really have a chance of happening. :colonhash:

That's great news! Is there any word on how much longer he might play? I was under the impression that he wasn't coming back at all!

I think the idea of a Catalonia league is stupid.

I bet most of the Barcelona players would switch to other European clubs because they wouldn't want to be stuck in a dead-end league.

In my opinion, it's the end of Barcelona if this happens.
Original post by Abiraleft

Umm well before the second bout with the tumor had no signs of slowing down. Would think he could play to about 35 because appart from the tumors hes had very little injuries.

Latest