The Student Room Group

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes

Scroll to see replies

Would you like a costume which is really unique or would you like just an unusual idea? I have some ideas to Halloween, but not unless its not unique!
Take any random costume you have. ...and make it 'dead'.

I was 'dead cavegirl' last year.
...year before: 'dead where's wally'
.....year before that: 'dead minnie mouse'

I never won a best dressed prize but HEY! It was within a student-friendly budget!
How about a character in a novel? I thought about Arsene Lupin. A master thief who looks like a magician.
Yeah im up for anything :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm going to a toga party on Halloween so I'm wearing this

Spoiler

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I'm going to a toga party on Halloween so I'm wearing this

Then I have another suggestions: Caesar or Centurion.
Original post by Kallisto
Then I have another suggestions: Caesar or Centurion.

There are loads of specific classical costumes for guys to buy but not many female ones. They usually just have togas. However, my friends are going to make their own outfits to be specific goddesses. I think I'll just be 'random girl in a toga'. :colondollar:
man_bear_pig.jpg
A nazi.
Nobody batted an eye when prince harry did it as far as I can remember.
Silent Singer from Psychoville. Not very well-known but very disturbing all the same.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
There are loads of specific classical costumes for guys to buy but not many female ones. (...) :colondollar:

You are right, but as far as I can see the thread starter has a male gender. So I think it would be more reasonable.

An another idea: Dr. Wright from Sim-City (SNES Version)!
Dress up as Jimmy Savile :wink:

(Zombie Jimmy Savile could work too)
Original post by Scott1541
Dress up as Jimmy Savile :wink:

(Zombie Jimmy Savile could work too)

Reply 513
I'm watching this thread with interest, I also can't think of anything but I don't want to leave it till the last minute...
Reply 514
I have a greek themed dinner

I am going as Persephone, goddess of the underworld but also flowers and harvest etc

Any idea on what I could do for my costume? I am going to make it myself, not buy one.

Thanks x
Reply 515
This might sound a bit cliched maybe, but I imagined a toga style dress (you could even use a bed sheet for this), and maybe you could attach flowers to the dress, like on the shoulder, and either carry some sheafs of wheat or make some kind of head wreath from them (I apologise if I'm getting carried away, as it is a bit elaborate, and I don't know how much time you've got to make your costume!)

I would also maybe suggest carrying a pomegranate (real or one you could make) as it's quite an integral symbol in the story of Persephone. It would be awesome if the pomegranate could also be used as your purse for the night (again, probably getting a bit carried away!)

That's a pretty cool character to go as. Hope I could be of help :smile: x
Reply 516
I don't know. Isn't a bit of a conversation killer?

"Hi - who are you dressed as?"
"Persephone,"
"And what's she all about?"
"Well, the only thing everyone knows about her is that she's a rape victim."
"Uh. Ok."

It's a bit like going dressed as Adonis and having to explain about having your testicles torn off by a rampaging boar.
Ideas for what a 6ft 3 athletic black guy can do for "Kids TV"? :confused:

I thought maybe Power Ranger but you need a group for that really

Vince from Recess? Not sure everyone would get it, especially the older people. Same with Gerald from Hey Arnold!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tokyoround
Ideas for what a 6ft 3 athletic black guy can do for "Kids TV"? :confused:

I thought maybe Power Ranger but you need a group for that really

Vince from Recess? Not sure everyone would get it, especially the older people. Same with Gerald from Hey Arnold!

Bob the Builder, Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Dave Benson Phillips, Andi Peters, Kenan and Kel I think Kel was the taller one. Stretching the theme fresh prince of bel air.
Original post by Narcissist
Bob the Builder, Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Dave Benson Phillips, Andi Peters, Kenan and Kel I think Kel was the taller one. Stretching the theme fresh prince of bel air.

Haha Dave Benson Phillips :rofl2:

Thanks for the suggestions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending